• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 questions
1) What is the name of the song that plays when you fight the first dungeon mid boss?
2) Do you at any point get spells that cet cinematic cuts and hide the UI, ive seen enemies use it some videos but ive never seen any player do the same.

Renmyra

Jesus Christ, the second dungeon boss is absolutely brutal on Hard. The fight is so creative and tense tho, I can't complain! Let's try a second time...

It's pretty easy with 2x Rampage. The
eyes and the nose pretty much melt if you get 3 hits each.

Vice

So total series newbie, and just making my way through the first dungeon so bear with me. Got to the point where it introduces the interrogation mechanic and I'm already kind of feeling in over my head.

Should I want to interrogate/collect as many personas as possible? I've got three so far and even switching between them and figuring out who to attack with what feels a bit overwhelming - I can only imagine how it goes once that list expands.

I ask because the tutorial note seemed to stress that weighing the decision whether to finish off or interrogate downed enemies is critical which has me a bit freaked out.
More are good for being able to exploit weaknesses effectively.
The decision isn't too critical. Finishing them is guaranteed money and exp while interrogation has the chance of more money, an item or more personas.

FluxWaveZ

Were people complaining about Makoto's voice acting? I'm...not seeing it. I think she's fine, especially
when she gets her Persona

There's one specific, recurring line of hers that is absolutely terrible and out of place.

"Fist of Justice!" for her post-All-Out Attack victory screen.
Other than that, her voice acting is good.

So total series newbie, and just making my way through the first dungeon so bear with me. Got to the point where it introduces the interrogation mechanic and I'm already kind of feeling in over my head.

Should I want to interrogate/collect as many personas as possible? I've got three so far and even switching between them and figuring out who to attack with what feels a bit overwhelming - I can only imagine how it goes once that list expands.

I ask because the tutorial note seemed to stress that weighing the decision whether to finish off or interrogate downed enemies is critical which has me a bit freaked out.

Collect as many new persona as possible.

Kill the ones you don't need.

Like a real gangster.

I like Caroline's voice she is very rude. Justine is just uninspired.

Being rude is fine. But the shrillness of her voice, egggh.

Doing my first real run in the first Palace. I feel like it needs a Soliton radar or something, I have no idea how big the awareness/vision range of the shadows is. I guess we didn't in earlier Personas either, but it's harder to guess in this one, maybe because of the camera angle.

Quick question about confidants: When I speak to one with a card above their head, it sometimes says "I don't think my bond will deepen yet". Does this mean I should wait until it doesn't say that, or does that I mean I have to do this now for free, and maybe next time it will level up?

Also, I remember one time it said something about my persona making bonding with confidants something. Does having a persona with the same trait as a confidant make it possible to get the level up when speaking with them, and does the level of that persona matter at all?

Remember, you can only interrogate and capture Personas of your same level and the game, so far in my experience, seems to be pretty good about seperating Personas into groups of levels.

I do think collecting Personas are important, but your inventory is limited to 6 or 8 for the first dungeon. Think of it less like pokemon. Collecting and fusing is the best way to advance in the game. But if you have a solid base of attacks you like then you should be alright. When levels become to high, then you should fuse and collect more. You'll also see a lot of the same enemies.

Try reading kotaku's beginner guide for Persona 5. It might help.

Of course I might be wrong but it's worked for me so far.

Griss

Wasted a whole day making lockpicks for the chests in the first dungeon. Then I had to open all the chests while the whole place was on high alert, bloody nightmare.

The rewards had me shaking my head like a sumbitch. That was NOT worth it. Might ignore the chests from now on, unless someone tells me I shouldn't. I was expecting awesome gear and stuff out of them.

Saint9806

Ugggh!!! Stuck on
Shadow Kamoshida. I read online that I can use Morgana to heal/support and use Ann's level 10 skill to weaken Kamoshida's attack.
I didn't even think of that. Hopefully that makes the fight much easier. I'm playing on normal.

ramyeon

Quick question about confidants: When I speak to one with a card above their head, it sometimes says "I don't think my bond will deepen yet". Does this mean I should wait until it doesn't say that, or does that I mean I have to do this now for free, and maybe next time it will level up?

Also, I remember one time it said something about my persona making bonding with confidants something. Does having a persona with the same trait as a confidant make it possible to get the level up when speaking with them, and does the level of that persona matter at all?
You get points when you hang out with social links. This is displayed by the musical notes above their heads when making dialog choices. Correct choices get more. If you are carrying a Persona of the same arcana as the social link you get more still so it ranks up quicker.

If you see the message saying it doesn't seem like your bond will grow deeper yet it means you don't have enough points for the next rank yet - you need to hang out with them more to trigger it.

Vertti

Thought that normal is a bit too easy and switched to hard.

First encounter with ambush and pummeling enemies with their weaknesses but still got killed.

Back to normal I guess. Maybe I'll switch to hard against bosses though...

lol I still lost twice against the same enemy encounter. I played sloppily but that's still easily the most difficult enemy encounter in the game so far.

Opa-Pa

It's pretty easy with 2x Rampage. The
eyes and the nose pretty much melt if you get 3 hits each.

Yup, I ended up destroying it the second time exactly like that, haha.

Still that was a great boss fight, I'm loving this game so much.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I have played this game for such a continuous stretch of time that I can no longer focus on the dialogue. I think I need to take a break (but I really don't want to). If I didn't have real life things to do I would be in trouble, haha

rec0ded1

This game must be some kind of MK ultra variant. the visuals, music, repetitive actions, time sink, just too addicting. I need to stop playing and get the OST.

Zesh

I'm halfway through the first dungeon and playing on hard. I'm only level 6, which feels a bit underleveled to me? I feel like I can't use all-out attack very often as it generally doesn't kill every enemy, so I risk getting hit by a weakness and dying.

I usually end up negotiating as a result, so I generally only get experience from one or two enemies per fight. Am I missing something here, or do I just need to set aside some time explicitly for grinding?

Edit: Also, the mini-boss halfway through the first dungeon one-shots my party even when I guard. Is that normal?

Beat the third dungeon on the first day and wow that was a challenge. I was holding my breath plenty of times during that last hour.
Now on to the calling card.

Sometimes certain dialogue options are really huge compared to the others. Is that an indication that those options are "better" in some way, or am I reading too much into it?

This first dungeon is so looong jeez. and I feel like there's no running/escaping fights before they start like you could dort of before. Probably better for exp but still.

daveo42

Banned
Getting the Temperance Confidant spoiler:
Holy shit I forgot about your teach being the maid and offering her "special services" for you.
Man, this game is the absolute best.

Xeteh

Kind of bummed that relationships have zero representation in the story. I was hoping in 5 they'd have solved that one to some extent.

MSMrRound

This first dungeon is so looong jeez. and I feel like there's no running/escaping fights before they start like you could dort of before. Probably better for exp but still.

You can always look for some way to sneak around. At the final part of dungeon 1 I was able to sneak my way to the destination without engaging any foes (other than the mandatory ones of course)

Kind of bummed that relationships have zero representation in the story. I was hoping in 5 they'd have solved that one to some extent.

I see them as fleshing out the world a bit more. Since all your confidants are
outcasts to some extent.

I'm so enjoying the constant flashes to Niijima puzzling out shit every time you do something or have a social link start. It's just kinda neat framing of the story, even if the cops have given her like *checks his in game clock* 40 years with this kid.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I'm so enjoying the constant flashes to Niijima puzzling out shit every time you do something or have a social link start. It's just kinda neat framing of the story, even if the cops have given her like *checks his in game clock* 40 years with this kid.
I LOVE this. I especially like how they outright tell you who the next target is through these flash forward events, and then you piece together how that person becomes the target from the there. It makes it a different sort of mystery to unravel than a simple "I wonder who's next?" It becomes, "who is this person, what did they do, and how do they get entangled with our heroes?" It makes it so much more interesting than if it was just played straight.

aravuus

Justine and Caroline's English vocal performances really make me never want to fuse Personas. Like nails on chalkboard. Did they actually think their grating banter would be pleasant to listen to every time you select an option?

At least thank gods the P3 days of moving between menus to get the perfect fusion skills are over.

Aww hell naw, I love their shrillness lmao

Beneath the Mask > Your Affection

giphy.gif

BBboy20

Wasted a whole day making lockpicks for the chests in the first dungeon. Then I had to open all the chests while the whole place was on high alert, bloody nightmare.

The rewards had me shaking my head like a sumbitch. That was NOT worth it. Might ignore the chests from now on, unless someone tells me I shouldn't. I was expecting awesome gear and stuff out of them.
I'm wondering if I should call it a day or beat the first palace now (got two SP items left) by sneaking the rest of the way . I know this can be done long before May but I'm wondering if even a day of not beating this palace will be detrimental in the long run.

Yu Narukami

Keep the interrogation short, for your own safety.

rec0ded1

Early medicine Item spoiler question
I sold that soma medicine for 50k to get decked out. Did I fuck up? Doesn't feel like I did.

Morgana is SUCH an upgrade from Teddie. I don't know whether
he is or isn't really human
yet but I don't re. NO MORE PUNS. Though I'm not crazy about the "lady ann" and "your gorgeous panther" stuff. We get it, she's already wearing that thing everywhere.

suracity

Early medicine Item spoiler question
I sold that soma medicine for 50k to get decked out. Did I fuck up? Doesn't feel like I did.

You will be fine. Though I don't think it's worth it. I mean late game 50k is a pittance but soma is the god tier item.

FluxWaveZ

Morgana is SUCH an upgrade from Teddie. I don't know whether
he is or isn't really human
yet but I don't re. NO MORE PUNS. Though I'm not crazy about the "lady ann" and "your gorgeous panther" stuff. We get it, she's already wearing that thing everywhere.

I actually like listening to Morgana and I value his insight, while I usually couldn't wait for Teddie to shut up.

OK. I am not a fan of dungeons
taking 3 damn days now to beat instead of one, 2 of which are back to back can't do shit between them days. I liked being able to grind/plan ahead of clearing them right before the time limit on a shitty day with little social link or stat options in p4g. It was cleaner and simple.

Are there more time saving stat stuff like reading on the train if you have an unfinished book? Because losing so many days to story fluff is going to be setting off my ocd until the end of the game and what I could be missing. Especially since it means if manage to do it all in one go you only have the one chance when you go back in to finish to scoop up locked chests. Which require materials you hopefully got lucky or grinded for. Ugh.

Freeman76

Im sick of this fucking cat telling me what to do. Im in May now and still cant do shit because Im ruled by a Pussy. Fucks sake, such a great game but this is really putting me off it bit by bit. Does the hand holding ever stop?

Just entered Mementos for the first time, the little shit wanted to show me it goes down to a 3rd level and then OH NOOOOOOOOOO cant fucking go down there because the little fucker tells us all we have to go somewhere else. Fuck that little shit lol

ramyeon

taking 3 damn days now to beat instead of one, 2 of which are back to back can't do shit between them days. I liked being able to grind/plan ahead of clearing them right before the time limit on a shitty day with little social link or stat options in p4g. It was cleaner and simple.

Are there more time saving stat stuff like reading on the train if you have an unfinished book? Because losing so many days to story fluff is going to be setting off my ocd until the end of the game and what I could be missing. Especially since it means if manage to do it all in one go you only have the one chance when you go back in to finish to scoop up locked chests. Which require materials you hopefully got lucky or grinded for. Ugh.
The game has been designed around dungeons taking that long so I wouldn't worry about it.

Yu Narukami

I'm like you. I feel like I'm constantly missing something.

KeRaSh

Played another few hours yesterday. Really love everything I've seen so far.
Quick question about the combat, though.
The collector in me makes me want to collect as many personas as possible. Am I missing out on something if I keep doing that? What if I collect multiples of one persona if that's even possible?
Some people were talking about fusing them. I haven't gotten a tutorial about that yet so I guess that will be explained at a later time.

Squishy3

so for those looking to make the ame no uzume with dodge psy for the request:

fuse a kin-ki using a magician and temperance, or death and devil according to another friend (the one i'm looking at right now is sandman+nigi mitama but theoretically any combo of the two should work?) it learns dodge psy at level 27 and should level to that if you have any points in the chariot confidant, fuse that with a magician (i again used sandman for this, but another magician like nekomata should work) to make a priestess, then fuse the priestess with a death persona (matador works, as well as pisaca) to make another magician (my result was sandman because i fused an isis), then fuse that with a hermit to make ame no uzume.

probably overly complicated but i already had the kin-ki and sandman so this was easy enough for me to accomplish.

ramyeon

so for those looking to make the ame no uzume with dodge psy for the request:

fuse a kin-ki using a magician and temperance, or death and devil according to another friend (the one i'm looking at right now is sandman+nigi mitama but theoretically any combo of the two should work?) it learns dodge psy at level 27 and should level to that if you have any points in the chariot confidant, fuse that with a magician (i again used sandman for this, but another magician like nekomata should work) to make a priestess, then fuse the priestess with a death persona (matador works, as well as pisaca) to make another magician (my result was sandman because i fused an isis), then fuse that with a hermit to make ame no uzume.

probably overly complicated but i already had the kin-ki and sandman so this was easy enough for me to accomplish.
Easiest one is Kin-Ki with Sui-Ki.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom