• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rec0ded1

I hate this fucking cat so much I want to torture its ugly plushie.

Fuck you Morgana.

WperhXM.png

"ok"

HMD

[Third Dungeon]
I actually made it all the way to the treasure room in a single day, I had to use a bunch of sp items though, I hope I don't regret doing that. But I missed all locked chests sadly, I got in there without a single key, I'm gonna make a bunch of keys before sending the calling card and open the chests I missed.

Matador's physical damage skill is OP.

LiK

The dungeons in this game are soooooo much better than the previous games. Not the same boring hallway tower crap that I hated. Actual designed layouts with puzzles and smart enemy placements. Much improved and made exploration better.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I don't think so, but if you go far enough in his you unlock a Mementos mission that blocks both of them until it's finished. .

Huh? Hmm.

Wait, answer me this: can I max out her confidant without bothering to raise his?

Do you mean that if you raise his confidant there will be a mission that blocks both him and her, but if you don't raise his confidant then the mission will not be available and she can progress normally...?

PranooY

What are the things you can do on Rainy days? I mean things you can only do on Rainy days/ things which give you something extra on Rainy days.

ffvorax

Just "unlocked" the first female char, so still on the early part of the game... it still looks as a tutorial, it make me remember the first time I played P4G when you had no freedom for so many hours! lol

The game though looks amazing, the soundtrack is spectacular, I can't wait to see how the plot will go on after all the introduction part.

Is there already available to buy the soundtrack? (maybe digital...?)
Or is it going to be available in the future?

LiK

I am a bit perturbed that you can't even start a SLink with someone until you have a higher level in a perk. That's annoying. Not in the mood to deal with grinding those perks for my first run.

I hate this fucking cat so much I want to torture its ugly plushie.

Fuck you Morgana.
I love the character but my god I thought teddy was bad about repeating lines in combat. Also I've had a couple eh Japan stawp moments
fat joke, women bodies being used for a joke, ect
but other then that it's my favourite persona game so far. I wish high school me had this game, he would have killed for it.

MSMrRound

What are the things you can do on Rainy days? I mean things you can only do on Rainy days/ things which give you something extra on Rainy days.

Doing certain stuff e.g studying might give you bonus stat points e.g 3 instead of 2. If you go into dungeons,
the rare gem enemy
have a higher appearance rate.

Freeman76

Studying is better on a Rainy day, that is unless its a sunday when the shopping channel is on and you dont have time to both study and make a quick call lol.

kagamin

Every time. 3 Persona games in a row now. I tell myself I won't get absorbed into it. And here we are,15 hours into the game since Tuesday evening. Thank god I have social obligations this weekend, otherwise I would not leave the couch for anything but water and bathroom breaks.

Otherwise, game is living up to the hype the world and myself has set up for it.
I'm going to marry the clinic doctor.

Hah! I'm worse off than you, almost 30 hours in since Tuesday evening. XD

JJShadow

Loving so far the design and aesthetics of the second dungeon,
a museum it's the perfect setting for a band of thieves lol

LotusHD

Banned
Wasted a whole day making lockpicks for the chests in the first dungeon. Then I had to open all the chests while the whole place was on high alert, bloody nightmare.

The rewards had me shaking my head like a sumbitch. That was NOT worth it. Might ignore the chests from now on, unless someone tells me I shouldn't. I was expecting awesome gear and stuff out of them.

Oh thank god, I was really annoyed that I couldn't open several of them. Good to know it's not that big of a deal.

TI82

Banned
I'm so sad that this game came out this week when I have to give my friend his bday gift (big fancy gaming PC we built for him) on Saturday.

Damnit why did you have to be born this week!

Jiraiza

Ohh, Makoto's voiced by Rina Satou. Best girl already.

Of course the Principal's a scumbag.
They're a dime a dozens at this point.

MSMrRound

For lockpicks I wouldn't really fret about them too much...down the line around the
fourth
dungeon you can try hunting certain enemies for enough materials to make the [thief equipment spoiler]
eternal lockpick, which basically is a everlasting lockpick. 20 Aluminum Sheets and 10 Liquid Mercury+Magician level 6 co-op rank required. Once you are able to get a set of that item you don't have to keep on making those sets of lockpicks

Dragner

Finished the first dungeon yesterday. Loved it. It was a bit too long for my taste and my skill, my poor guys ended exhausted really fast. Now im I dont know what Im doing mode studying and hanging with Ryuji and going the baths on the good days. Not much more.

Talking about studying, ¿what determines if you get guts for ignoring the wossiping? for me it seems random.

Xeteh

For lockpicks I wouldn't really fret about them too much...down the line around the
fourth
dungeon you can try hunting certain enemies for enough materials to make the [thief equipment spoiler]
eternal lockpick, which basically is a everlasting lockpick. Once you are able to get a set of that item you don't have to keep on making those sets of lockpicks

I can make that now but I need the mats. I found the lockpicks to be a bit more useful in the 3rd dungeon just because they gave some good pieces of equipment.

jediyoshi

Fuck me, it took me halfway into the 3rd palace before realizing you can swap party members mid-palace. Always thought you had to be at the entrance x_x

Opa-Pa

Every time I form a new social link I'm reminded of the possibility that Philemon was replaced by a loli.

... Seriously though, is that voice the blue butterfly and their identity ever addressed? If somebody knows, please just reply with yes or no with spoiler tags lol, I'm curious.

suracity

Every time I form a new social link I'm reminded of the possibility that Philemon was replaced by a loli.

... Seriously though, is that voice the blue butterfly and their identity ever addressed? If somebody knows, please just reply with yes or no with spoiler tags lol, I'm curious.

Yes

The dungeons in this game are soooooo much better than the previous games. Not the same boring hallway tower crap that I hated. Actual designed layouts with puzzles and smart enemy placements. Much improved and made exploration better.

Indeed. I actually like exploring the dungeons now. Like 10 times better.

I dropped Persona 3 mainly due to the boring whateverthatowercalled dungeon.

I dreaded Persona 4 dungeons as well, but I endured them and finally beat the game because waifus.

kenta

Has no PEINS
Is there any way to warp to a safe room if you're out and about in the palace? I couldn't figure it out just now and had to sprint through a few rooms that had re-populated while the alarms were blaring

Freeman76

Fucks sake. Just did a request, you would think that the mementos would be a nice place to chill and take your time, but NO

Oh Noooooo

Spend to long and the grim reaper pays you a visit to fuck your shit up.

I wouldnt mind but one of my kids was needing help with something, I put the controller down to assist him, come back a few mins later to a screen with Mr Death himself in front of me, and yes, squad wiped. All my last progress lost. They really dont want us to take our time in any aspect of this game do they.

JJShadow

Is there any way to warp to a safe room if you're out and about in the palace? I couldn't figure it out just now and had to sprint through a few rooms that had re-populated while the alarms were blaring

There's no way to fast travel to a safe room inside a Palace as far as I know

EDIT: looks like I'm wrong, see post below

marmoka

Banned
This Persona is more Shin Megami Tensei than the previous two games. I'm really enjoying it.

I love fighting against the demons, and negotiating with them. I love having one extra turn, just like the "Smirk" mechanic in SMT IV. I love being able to choose the movements of my partners, instead of letting the game do it automatically for me. I love the static dungeons, and how variate they are. And the party does not get tired from the beginning (by now)

The game is easier than any mainline SMT game, but more difficult than previous Persona games. I have died twice, and both because of overconfidence and not paying attention.

I'm enjoying this game so much!!

massoluk

Banned
Fucks sake. Just did a request, you would think that the mementos would be a nice place to chill and take your time, but NO

Oh Noooooo

I wouldnt mind but one of my kids was needing help with something, I put the controller down to assist him, come back a few mins later to a screen with Mr Death himself in front of me, and yes, squad wiped. All my last progress lost. They really dont want us to take our time in any aspect of this game do they.

Do you just not use the PS button ever?

Persona 5 |OT2| Roses are Red, Violets are blue. Morgana says time for bed, Arsene's awful

MSMrRound

Oh Noooooo

For goodness sake it takes just one second to bring up the menu button/press the Playstation Home button. This is all on you. In no way is the game being unfair or whatsoever.

Bendo

Craft some goho-m, they'll warp you to your last safe room.

Found a decent spot for farming in the second dungeon.

the red glowing group of Onmoraki right before the central garden, if you've got any Personas with Snap you can knock them all down for an all out attack without using any sp. About 150 exp and over 1k cash at a time.

Freeman76

For goodness sake it takes just one second to bring up the menu button/press the Playstation Home button. This is all on you. In no way is the game being unfair or whatsoever.

Oh do one with this shit....sorry for daring to say something against your game ffs. Of course its my mistake, Im just saying every element of this game is limited in some way or other. Fuck me lighten up!!

Freeman76

Do you just not use the PS button ever?

Persona 5 |OT2| Roses are Red, Violets are blue. Morgana says time for bed, Arsene's awful

Yeah usually I do but with littluns around I often get caught unawares and dont have time to prepare. Many a death in darkml souls due to this lol

OK I'm getting destroyed by the boss on the 1st Dungeon. Any tips? I only have 3 days to go but it did say I could go back a week. Just not sure if I'm missing something. My best heal only gives me 50hp so I can't recover quickly enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom