• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it was hilarious and this whole part of the story moved pretty fast. I felt the first dungeon story dragged a bit. Keep playing. You'll like it.

Yeah, I hope so. If only Morgana would let me do some stuff in the evening, I wouldn't be nearly as frustrated!

SephiZack

Randomly found a way to farm lots of money early in the game (around 3rd dungeon or so, possibly earlier)

Recorded the video here: https://youtu.be/6PXNP4vGbt4 (Video is not spoilery, but if you're very sensible I advise you not to watch the video before finishing the 2nd dungeon.)

Involves a memento request boss. This one is from the (confidant spoiler)
request to unlock Fortune confidant

Thud

Is this game worth picking up a used ps3 off eBay for? Total cost of game and system would probably be ~$150. Persona 4 golden is one of my favorite games of all time.

Also if I did get a ps3 what other games would you recommend? Besides demons souls.

Catherine and Tokyo Jungle.

EndMerit

So... from the perspective of time management and completionism, is watching DVDs worth your time? I rented The X Folders, and while the scene of you and
Morgana
watching it together was pretty funny, you need to spend 2 nights to get 4 points added to your stats, and unlike reading all books there isn't a PSN trophy for watching all DVDs.

Yu Narukami

Any tips on getting anzu and sudama with dekaja?
Don't know if this is what you are looking for.

Rank 6: Neko Shogun with Dekaja

Anzu (Hierophant) learns Dekaja at level 28

Anzu (Hierophant) x Kodama (Star) x Sudama (Hermit) – inherit Dekaja

JJShadow

The English VA in this game truly is something else, one of the best ones I've ever heard in a videogame. Ryuji's in particular is simply amazing, he's not my favourite character, but I enjoy every single one of his lines just due to how expressive he is

LiK

The English VA in this game truly is something else, one of the best ones I've ever heard in a videogame. Ryuji's in particular is simply amazing, he's not my favourite character, I enjoy every single one of his line just due to how expressive he is

Yea, that VA is so great. One of the standout performances for me so far.

Kinsei

Banned
I was liking Morgana until he started with the cat puns.

Ryuji seems pretty cool. He's leagues better than Junpei and Yosuke.

daveo42

Banned
Question about possibly missing an event on 6/1:
I bought one of the lottery tickets and blew right past that date. Can I still see if I won or is that 3k yen down the drain?

Shahadan

Is there anyway to shut the cat up during battles? He's just way too chatty and when hitting a group of enemies with their weakness, repeats the same dialogue every time.... Just past the first palace.

Woooah! Looking good Joker !

This creepy cat makes way too many comment about how good looking I am btw, even outside battles.
Not that he is wrong on that though of course
He's probably doing some strange things when I'm asleep

Renmyra

Don't know if this is what you are looking for.

Rank 6: Neko Shogun with Dekaja

Anzu (Hierophant) learns Dekaja at level 28

Anzu (Hierophant) x Kodama (Star) x Sudama (Hermit) – inherit Dekaja

This is what I did. Fused Anzu to 27 then sacrificed one of those treasure gems to get it to 28.

Getting some real good Personas right now. It's a bit of a shame that you have to rely on the MC to be the best buffer, debuffer, healer and hitting all weaknesses. Wish it were more spread out.

Fucking Kelpies. Even at level 8 on the first dungeon, they're the only enemies that give me problems.

I can already see that I'm going to have to hoard SP restoring items like there's no tomorrow.

How do I progress in Moon Arcana confidant? I just finished the second dungeon but he doesn't seem to want to hang out. Do I need to progress the story further, or do I need to do memento??

Don't worry, just play at your own pace, I'm 20h in and just started the second dungeon, I don't think it will take me another 20 to reach your date but I guess 10h at least.
Oh I'm not worried, the longer this game lasts me the better. It's just that I find it strange that my playtime is so much longer than the avarage. I beat P4G with the true ending and golden content in 95 hours for example and it seems this one will take me way longer for some reason.

aravuus

I like Morgana for the most part, I never really react much to whatever it is he's saying

But goddamn I could not agree more every time he goes "Joker/Skull/XYZ, you're pathetic!" or something to that effect

Who the fuck misses a melee hit against a massive blob enemy?!
GET A FUCKING GRIP JOKER

I just finished the second dungeon and am messing around in
Momentos

I... I fucking love this game. Playing this and BotW so close together almost doesn't seem fair. Gonna be hard to settle on a GOTY this year.

So far the part that made me laugh the hardest was on 5/17 I think?

"Time to button mash!"

I just about died laughing.

Oh god, I did too.

im sure if you placed p5's long ass intro next to p3's and p4's it be about the same length--the difference is those games didn't have a fucking cat micromanaging literally aspect of your life

How do I progress in Moon Arcana confidant? I just finished the second dungeon but he doesn't seem to want to hang out. Do I need to progress the story further, or do I need to do memento??
You need to do some mementos first to get to rank 3 I think
away from my ps4 so I could be wrong

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
im sure if you placed p5's long ass intro next to p3's and p4's it be about the same length--the difference is those games didn't have a fucking cat micromanaging literally aspect of your life

P4, sure.
P3, gets you into the normal gameplay loop rhythm within 2 hours. Much faster than its two sequels.

I'm debating whether to sell the game today or not for basically 7$ over what I paid for it and just buying it down the line. But the game sounds so good I don't know what to do anymore.

captainpat

Has anyone played the game via Remote Play on a Vita? I am wondering if it'll be a good idea when my girlfriend wants to watch TV. If so, did it play ok?

I've been playing on the vita for a couple hours. It's ok. Camera's a lot more annoying and it's kinda blurry but you get used to it

Nose Master

Just pretend it's a tutorial / system message, ffs. It's for balance purposes.

Early medicine Item spoiler question
I sold that soma medicine for 50k to get decked out. Did I fuck up? Doesn't feel like I did.

No, you absolutely made the right decision. At that point in the game 50k is a fortune. I bought the highest tier weapons, armor, and accessories for my entire team before the first dungeon. The only way you could have fucked up is if you really care about maintaining the delicate balance of the first 15 hours.

Using that money to outfit your team really well saved you a lot more health and SP than a single Soma early in the game.

Wife took over the TV. Looks like she's watching Sex in the City or some movie with Sara Jessica Parker in it. I came in the house and she said "it's my day!" Lol...

I'm still in the second dungeon and I'm loving it.

I like Morgana's character but hate how Atlus uses her/him to time manage the OP. I'm still in May but I hope I get to shake off this cat soon.

RalchAC

So, I've played like 10 hours in less than a day. I decided to not start playing the game until yesterday because I knew I'd get sucked and there was some uni stuff I needed to finish.

That said, game is a total blast. The beginning is quite great. Although options are limited, the game opens up to different daily activities sooner than P4 which is great. I just can't get my social stats to increase lol. Hopefully improving them doesn't take that much time, I don't remember well how it was in P3/P4.

So far I'm liking most of the cast. I didn't like how
Morgana was constantly bullying Ryuji at first because he may not be that smart, but it seems he/she/it (?) has relaxed a bit.

I've just finished the first dungeon. I have to say that, for a second, I felt bad for the bad guy. The fact that you are facing
people's inner desires allow them to be batshit crazy in a quite cool way.

The first dungeon final boss design
was quite gross, but nothing beats the penis slime that you fight midway

I have to say it. The game really does a good job at making you feel like a badass thief. Dungeon design is awesome, I love the verticality. If it stays as strong as it's been for most of the game, just wow.

Great cast so far. I love the little conversations they have over the phone, even at class lol.

I was liking Morgana until he started with the cat puns.

Ryuji seems pretty cool. He's leagues better than Junpei and Yosuke.

I just hope he isn't turned into a running gag. Junpei and especially Yosuke suffered too much from being the comic relief characters IMO. I can't wait to develop Ryuji's cooperation a bit more.

English VA is great. It's a shame some people were critizising it when we only had a few clips of voice acting.

jrush64

Banned
Randomly found a way to farm lots of money early in the game (around 3rd dungeon or so, possibly earlier)

Recorded the video here: https://youtu.be/6PXNP4vGbt4 (Video is not spoilery, but if you're very sensible I advise you not to watch the video before finishing the 2nd dungeon.)

Involves a memento request boss. This one is from the (confidant spoiler)
request to unlock Fortune confidant

This will be good. However considering I spent over 5 hours grinding in the first dungeon which I still haven't finished yet. I made over 60000 just defeating enemies.

Thud

Ryuji is more like Kanji to me. Bit on the dumb side, easily misunderstood, but his heart is on the right place.

He does fit the best friend motive. Junpei and Yosuke however also had a sign pointing loser at them.

Mishima is more a Yosuke/Junpei, they also share their enthusiasm to support you.

No wonder I was struggling to get to the treasure in Palace 1 in one day, I didn't know how to flee from battles. Its under the 'Orders' menu. That made me burn through basically every fight even when I got ambushes. Imma start abusing that when I need to in the future.
It still takes a few turns for the eacape to succeed though. Not to mention that you can't escape if the enemy got the first strike.

LiK

I love the menu/UI design for sure but some things do get lost in the clutter. The only menu design I don't like is the main one when pressing triangle. I think it's ugly, tbh.

XaosWolf

I didn't expect that animation at all lmao

Shit, so there WAS a special response? I caught X whilst picking up the controller and chose something else by accident.

Now I need to find a video. =/

EDIT: Phew, there actually is one lol. GIF'd.
"I threw up in my mouth..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom