• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I hope so. If only Morgana would let me do some stuff in the evening, I wouldn't be nearly as frustrated!

At this point despite kinda liking the story portion of Morgana I want to murder that damn cat.

Hey we stood in front of this building for 5 minutes, make sure you go to bed early like you did last night in preparation of standing in front of the building for 5 minutes. Also the next 3 days we are going to talk about standing in front of the building for 30 seconds each so go to bed early then as well.

Fuck off you little shit, I'd rather murder him and lose a party member than continue under his house arrest.

KupoNut

Biggest struggle for me is that I like both Japanese and English voice cast. Overall I feel Morgana is better in Japanese but I know her from One Piece as Chopper. Then again Ryuji is so good in English too.

At this point despite kinda liking the story portion of Morgana I want to murder that damn cat.

Hey we stood in front of this building for 5 minutes, make sure you go to bed early like you did last night in preparation of standing in front of the building for 5 minutes. Also the next 3 days we are going to talk about standing in front of the building for 30 seconds each so go to bed early then as well.

Fuck off you little shit, I'd rather murder him and lose a party member than continue under his house arrest.

Haha, yeah. The sad thing is, Morgana might be my favorite mascot character in the series. I really like his voice and personality. But the game goes out of its way to make you hate him. Just let me read a book or watch a dvd, you damn cat!

How is remote play with this? Are the controls good?

It's excellent. It feels like a direct sequel to Persona 4 Golden while playing on the Vita. Regarding the controls, hitting R2 to run is not ideal but I hardly ever run anyway, even when playing on PS4. It's the perfect game for remote play, the lag is barely noticeable.

XaosWolf

Biggest struggle for me is that I like both Japanese and English voice cast. Overall I feel Morgana is better in Japanese but I know her from One Piece as Chopper. Then again Ryuji is so good in English too.

I feel dumb for not recognising this. But then again I don't actively watch One Piece.

Can I just say that some of my favorite bits of banter are in Mementos? Some of those had me giggling like a kid.

The entire introductory scene is gold.

Ourobolus

Banned
Can I just say that some of my favorite bits of banter are in Mementos? Some of those had me giggling like a kid.

example:
Ann: Feels tight in my chest...oh my god, did they get bigger?
Morgana: Ann, that sounds like vital information, we should talk about it.

AngelHime

Neo Member
That reminds me, I gotta try out the remote play although my connection can be choppy at times. I really miss the convenience of laying in bed with the other titles.

KodaRuss

Gonna have to agree about Morgana, he's a mascot character done right which is rare.The voice actress is great she did a great job in XCX and she does a great job here. I can tell she enjoyed playing the character and it helps the overall dub a lot, honestly the whole dub and cast has been really good so far.

I noticed this right away. Love Morgana so far, great voice acting and I love every interaction with that sly cat.

Haha, yeah. The sad thing is, Morgana might be my favorite mascot character in the series. I really like his voice and personality. But the game goes out of its way to make you hate him. Just let me read a book or watch a dvd, you damn cat!

I know it doesn't even make sense.

Tired after the dungeon, or need to go to bed because big event X? Ok sure don't let me go social link I guess, but watch a dvd or read?

Morgana is making the protagonist go to sleep at like 7 P.M. it's hilarious.

jrush64

Banned
About to go back to dungeon 1 and finish of the boss. What SP items can I get? I ran out of SP for all my characters and had like 4 sp items that I used on Ann so she could keep healing me.

I need some good SP items to get and I have like 50 grand left.

XaosWolf

There was some entertaining dialogue yesterday. Just a small thing but made me laugh nonetheless: Me picking tactful dialogue when talking/agreeing to Ryuji's stupid idea and then Mishima just outright calling him dumb straight after.

LiK

Welp, I bought all the available avatar/theme sets. Gonna be rotating through them. Hope they add the other characters soon.

TrueBlue

Cassandra Lee Morris is pretty excellent at making potentially more annoying characters more tolerable. Morgana and Lin from Xenoblade X are good examples, as already noted.

Still, even she can't stop Morgana's exclamations of Ann's beauty any less repetitive after a while.

Just started the game! Currently busy in real life, at least for the next month.. Only getting max 1 hour sessions everyday :(

I've completed P3P and every P4 and its spinoffs excluding P4Q, but I'm deliberately avoiding any media for this game, so I'm literally going in blind.

The one that surprised me is the change from normal shadows to persona. Is there any general guide/tips to (4/1X)
recruiting
negotiation? I've doing it randomly and succeeded at 3 from 4 tries, but it looks like pure luck :/

Just started the game! Currently busy in real life, at least for the next month.. Only getting max 1 hour sessions everyday :(

I've completed P3P and every P4 and its spinoffs excluding P4Q, but I'm deliberately avoiding any media for this game, so I'm literally going in blind.

The one that surprised me is the change from normal shadows to persona. Is there any general guide/tips to (4/1X)
recruiting
negotiation? I've doing it randomly and succeeded at 3 from 4 tries, but it looks like pure luck :/
Shadows have different personalities, you want to pick responses that they'll like. You can see which of the 4 personalities they are when you talk to them. It takes a bit of practice but once you get a feel for each personality it's not too hard.

Shadows have different personalities, you want to pick responses that they'll like. You can see which of the 4 personalities they are when you talk to them. It takes a bit of practice but once you get a feel for each personality it's not too hard.

Sooo, you need to learn how each of the 4 personality talks?

LiK

Cassandra Lee Morris is pretty excellent at making potentially more annoying characters more tolerable. Morgana and Lin from Xenoblade X are good examples, as already noted.

Still, even she can't stop Morgana's exclamations of Ann's beauty any less repetitive after a while.

She has such a cute voice. I first knew about her from DanganRonpa. She was the voice of Hina and made her sound like the sweetest character. She had a better voice than the JPN VA.

The English VA for Ann also did Kyoko in DR. Although her performance as a VA in general has improved significantly. I loved her in DR and she's great in P5.

Rodin

Is it ok to fuse Arsene to gain a new Persona
(Angel)
and then buying it again? Does something change by doing so?

Fireblend

Banned
Is it ok to fuse Arsene to gain a new Persona
(Angel)
and then buying it again? Does something change by doing so?

Yes, you're supposed to do that. Continually replacing your Persona is a major part of this game :p If you want a cool Arsene you can fuse it later.

Rodin

Yes, you're supposed to do that. Continually replacing your Persona is a major part of this game :p If you want a cool Arsene you can fuse it later.
Thanks, just did that and rebought it from the list. It was cheap :p

I was wondering if something changed because Arsene is sort of the "main" Persona (he's on the box after all), i already fused many others.

Kinsei

Banned
Am I the only one who thought Morgana was a girl.
The youngish voice, name, and cute face threw me off and

They describe Morgana's voice as boyish in the intro and he sounds like Kyubey so I figured he was a guy. I couldn't blame anyone for thinking he was a girl since he's voiced by one.

LotusHD

Banned

She voices Operator 60 in Nier Automata too, who is extremely adorable due to her voice work there as well lol

So hearing her again here has me happy lol

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

They describe Morgana's voice as boyish in the intro and he sounds like Kyubey so I figured he was a guy. I couldn't blame anyone for thinking he was a girl since he's voiced by one.

(Early May special dungeon spoilers)
You're both wrong, Morgana is a
car

Cronen

I've been playing on the vita for a couple hours. It's ok. Camera's a lot more annoying and it's kinda blurry but you get used to it

Thanks. It's more for when I want to keep playing while my girlfriend watches tv. May also try the remote play PC app out too.

Thanks, just did that and rebought it from the list. It was cheap :p

I was wondering if something changed because Arsene is sort of the "main" Persona (he's on the box after all), i already fused many others.

Slight persona series spoiler?

The 'main' persona of each main character has a super-powered version you can fuse near the end of the game. The one you start with usually has some good skills to get you started but is meant to be fused like all the others.

Thud

Nah, most roles Ikue Otani voices are male animals.

Besides Zoro is a male Persona. Morgana might not even be his real name. A Fata Morgana is a mirage after all.

JJShadow

She voices Operator 60 in Nier Automata too, who is extremely adorable due to her voice work there as well lol

So hearing her again here has me happy lol

Oh crap, I knew I had heard her voice quite recently but couldn't figure out where. Excellent VA as well

zelhawks37

Just beat the first palace and loved that entire arc. This game is truly something special and I cant stop playing it along with BOTW. What a time to be alive.

asariN7

After 8 hours I still havent beaten the first boss, Im just roaming around engaging in every conversation lol.
I like that the story is way darker than P4,
Kamoshida is despicable,I really hate him
Morgana is best mascot and Im only at 4/19.

I know it doesn't even make sense.

Tired after the dungeon, or need to go to bed because big event X? Ok sure don't let me go social link I guess, but watch a dvd or read?

Morgana is making the protagonist go to sleep at like 7 P.M. it's hilarious.

Yeah, this has bugged me a bit. I can understand it when going into dungeons, but there are so many non-dungeon plot days that leave you with no evening to make use of.

This near two week period of free time after finishing the second dungeon has been real nice.

Oh thank god. I'm pretty close to finishing it, so this will be a nice change of pace.

Ulong

Yeah if I had one complaint about this game it's how much less free time it feels like you have. Social linking and getting my social stats up feels really stressful compared to my first times through persona 3 and 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom