• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveo42

Banned
This near two week period of free time after finishing the second dungeon has been real nice.

Yup, that period was pretty sweet. Felt like I got a ton of stuff done, though I really really need to get more money so I can spend some quality time with Temperance. I'm right at the end of it running around Mementos pushing my luck on how far I can go.

Rixxan

How / Where can I sell the trophies and "sellables" that I'm finding in this first dungeon? All the vendors I go to only have a few things for sale and no option for me to sell to them

lol...best buy sent me two steenbok editions.

Too bad none of my friends are into these types of games. Can't wait to dive into this one, have Gravity Rush 2 to finish then I'm all in. Rest of my year looks so sweet

GR2 - current
Persona 5 next
Nier: Automata
Nioh
Yakuza 0
Dragon Quest Builders

Yikes! So many more, but that's what I'm for sure playing.

Philippo

What's the best way to handle Palaces? Do them straight away or wait for specific days, like rainy days in Persona 4? I'd like to manage the game's time as better as possible.

Ydelnae

Does the game encourage you to use all your party members? I remember sticking with Yukiko, Kanji and Yosuke because I couldn't be bothered to level the rest in P4.

LiK

Does the game encourage you to use all your party members? I remember sticking with Yukiko, Kanji and Yosuke because I couldn't be bothered to level the rest in P4.

You can get a perk from one of the Confidants that lets you earn EXP for inactive members. I think I just got it last night.

daveo42

Banned

You get an ability early on that allows your reserve party members gain exp without being in the primary party, so you don't really have to worry about keeping everyone else capped off. It also helps to switch out people for SP conservation based on the primary weaknesses of the shadows you are encountering.

Guys I need a little help here I've got a problem with ID'ing one of the mementos, this one called
We Aren't Just Your Slaves
I've been to the bar multiple times and nothing is happening.
Nevermind figured it out.

Ulong

When can you unlock different outfits? I see the equip menu but haven't found a store or anything that sells them. Would love to get everyone in their school uniforms p3/p4 style if possible.

Ugh is everyone on the school staff a piece of shit?.

Spoilers on 5/6

Including the principal seeing he's blackmailing a student so he can most likely expel the ones who exposed the gym teacher

LiK

^ One negative. None of the teachers are memorable or likeable so far. They're less memorable than NPCs on the street.

Yup, that period was pretty sweet. Felt like I got a ton of stuff done, though I really really need to get more money so I can spend some quality time with Temperance. I'm right at the end of it running around Mementos pushing my luck on how far I can go.
Yeah I was also able to get a bunch of stuff done. Although now I'm totally broke.
When can you unlock different outfits? I see the equip menu but haven't found a store or anything that sells them. Would love to get everyone in their school uniforms p3/p4 style if possible.
Outfits are DLC in this.

JJShadow

Thanks

Is it normal to leave a palace a few times during progression? I'm nearing the end of it and fights are getting more intense and I'm running out of SP between safe rooms - maybe I'm just bad lol

Yeah, don't worry about it, it took me 4 runs to complete the first dungeon due to the limited SP limitation. You will find different ways to restore SP the further you get in the game

Ugh is everyone on the school staff a piece of shit?.

Spoilers on 5/6

Including the principal seeing he's blackmailing a student so he can most likely expel the ones who exposed the gym teacher

Every single person in this game (excluding the main crew) is an asshole/piece of shit I'd say lol

jrush64

Banned
Finally finished the first dungeon. Boss was pretty easy thanks to Tarunda. Overall i'm enjoying the game but its definitely not wowing me.

Zutrax

This is embarrassing, but I keep getting lost in the train stations not knowing how to get where I need. It honestly took me maybe 10 minutes to find Leblanc the first time you get a free afternoon.

Anyone have a simple step by step on how to get where you'd need to?

daveo42

Banned
This is embarrassing, but I keep getting lost in the train stations not knowing how to get where I need. It honestly took me maybe 10 minutes to find Leblanc the first time you get a free afternoon.

R1

they're just boring to me compared to the previous games. Moron was fun.

Most of the teachers are real boring during class. No real crazy personalities this time around...probably because we aren't going to school in the boonies where you can easily find that kind of crazy.

You can fast travel but I don't. I memorized how to get to and from by looking where I come out at in Shibuya. It all connects to that central platform. It's easy to memorize looking back instead of looking foward, if that makes sense.

Freeman76

Me: Hmm need to make a lockpick today really, ive run out

Cat: Nah we are not doing that today

Me: I want to pop downstairs for a coffee

Cat: Nah we are not doing that today

Me: Ok just a quick study before bed

Cat: Nah you are too tired

Me: Pass me that hammer off the tool bench

God damn though, what a great, addictive game. I know I make a lot of fun of this shit but at the same time I cant put it down.

I'm liking this but the repeating dialog gets a bit old.

"That's your persona!"
"Persona....?"
"Yeah, the inner you coming out!"
"Inner me? Wha....?"
"If you rip your mask off you can summon it to fight for you"
"Mask....?!"

daveo42

Banned
Thinking about skill ups...that juice bar is an absolute rip-off, even if it doesn't pass time.

Why would you want to get a part time job when you get as much money with enemy encounters in the second dungeon.

Kindness and access to doing something in the evening instead of being stuck going straight to bed.

No wonder I was struggling to get to the treasure in Palace 1 in one day, I didn't know how to flee from battles. Its under the 'Orders' menu. That made me burn through basically every fight even when I got ambushes. Imma start abusing that when I need to in the future.

Yea this annoyed me. Took 3 days with the first palace because of the calling card idea.

Ydelnae

Gotta raise your perks. Can't do that in battle.

Thinking about skill ups...that juice bar is an absolute rip-off, even if it doesn't pass time.

Kindness and access to doing something in the evening instead of being stuck going straight to bed.

But part-time jobs only raise up one/two skill points afaik, while you get much better options to do in the evening that raise up to three skill points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom