• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The second chapter feels boring because
caring about Madarame as a villain when the first villain sexual harassed one of the protagonists, beat students and raped another one is difficult. Madarame was just a famous artist giving false PR and copying his students.

When Yusuke and Ann found the original painting I thought they would reveal that he killed that student who tried to leave with the painting and ended up committing suicide. That would have solidified him as a villain.

Yeah, it's a really anti-climatic follow up to the first chapter, even if they slowly reveal
more sinister elements of Madarame's past
. But at that point it feels like they're just trying to
justify the boss fight.

I think I see what they were going for with this chapter. They want the main characters emboldened by the events of the previous chapter and their choice to
act as Phantom Thieves
, but want to throw complications into the matter by
casting doubt on their decision to target Madarame

It just doesn't play that well (especially with all the
nude modeling anime BS
) and the
reveals at the end
feel forced.

Still though, I'm enjoying the fuck out of it. Just hope it picks up a bit after May.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
wd01oaEqNAQaO49qGh65wkCOp4M4XMpc9i2BSdTInv12wgtNLLIfIZcBgqHOrF4vwu7hyMSrx7UlTrgmsFWZb5zYNL5JbzGW3fTc6HU397gISMsYNd-8JTXq_Jqnj50AqzWqzK_y3f4VupgAdR7h-V6xMo_tRJ1kxcCQr-tIa80JsNG5Q4Wgz05cgehzN5aJR6pEdJ_dSdeWE5u_DUAa_Beudvu-vUOEbSqtUEIL7kVCDV9EWwi-M7KbS8ZRiJfuklVCgfWyUYDx3Kq41KAqCExxpCXL81DfWagEeezU6maTr4ck9CMI2SfigLx_Nnnpubft363Mo-zw8Cpg0KBb9SodAjj1aX0dRUegz_REff8cJwf9ySax5i5xr6wTy8XlF14D4R2M-2h2j1LHfhKIlVGqHooJp2WcNO6AqOeXjm5D9go2uW_BRzYVKes5zShP6ihsKVV_8FRvtwiIuKA_qyv0YXaB4Jhwd7R8VQu_oslhymOji8pYt_NRwhcqcNIRQzdpQOyYRuXlUDVxzUQoF3WGiDDU80wHBBacteC84Ank6dC5V8OnVmCilnRWLcpyTdGis8Vn1oeRlTVnOMFaGvsFwdTs08MkZufmKmGZfrfr0Cb6pNQ4=w633-h356-no

lmao

Philippo

So, by the time i got to try my first Persona fusion i had already obtained Lv.1
Death
Confidant, yet i tried to create an Incubus and it gave me no bonus exp because it said i had not yet developed a bond with that arcana.
Is this normal? Or a bug?

edit: it's a Devil, NVM

So, by the time i got to try my first Persona fusion i had already obtained Lv.1
Death
Confidant, yet i tried to create an Incubus and it gave me no bonus exp because it said i had not yet developed a bond with that arcana.
Is this normal? Or a bug?

are you sure its not a devil persona? it was devil in 3 and 4

Kalentan

In Persona 4 you could just read in your room. Can you do that in this? I thought interacting with the couch or the bookshelf would do it but none did.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Is the Collector's Edition easily crushed if packaging is fucked up? Amazon got the package to me late and I found out they packaged a full 12 pack of Gatorade with it.

In Persona 4 you could just read in your room. Can you do that in this? I thought interacting with the couch or the bookshelf would do it but none did.

You read on a barstool next to the payphone downstairs. So if the game locks you in your bedroom like it often does, you don't have the option.

Nimby

Banned
On hard mode, very beginning of Palace 3:

wow, this is a bit of a difficulty spike. Orobas sucks. They're weak to Hama but even after 6 casts it didn't hit. Wiped. Then I got Rampaged to death by an Oni the next time. Time to suit up with Personas again.

Yeah.
I tried to capture an Angel but she used self-destruct... and killed everyone at full health

This is the hardest Persona game I've played. Way harder than the SMTIVs.

zulux21

gah DVDs are a trap @_@

(events after palace one spoilers)
I rented one shortly after palace one's deadline and didn't return it before exams... now it's like 10 days later and I still haven't had a chance to return it. I already failed on late fees once thus this is gonna be pricey @_@

Xeteh

I'm really not enjoying the demons you have to fight in the 4th Palace. One in particular is super annoying. It has no weaknesses, high defense and evasion and Mudoon with a couple high damaging hit all spells.

How did that happen? Exchange that.

Idk how it happened, but it was a used copy, the only used copy. I got it for free (B2G1), and I took it back. The guy at GameStop just gave me a new, steel book version of the game to make up for the trouble. Pleasantly surprised at what occurred today :)

cheez124

I'm really not enjoying the demons you have to fight in the 4th Palace. One in particular is super annoying. It has no weaknesses, high defense and evasion and Mudoon with a couple high damaging hit all spells.
are you talking about the
anubis looking enemy? yeah, i hated them too. try to catch/fuse isis, she's immune to both light and dark.

Xeteh

are you talking about the
anubis looking enemy? yeah, i hated them too. try to catch/fuse isis, she's immune to both light and dark.

Yeah, I have one... it just sucks there's no real solid way of handling it without having to take a shitload of damage to the party.

Qurupeke

gah DVDs are a trap @_@

(events after palace one spoilers)
I rented one shortly after palace one's deadline and didn't return it before exams... now it's like 10 days later and I still haven't had a chance to return it. I already failed on late fees once thus this is gonna be pricey @_@

I share your pain.

it feels like i'm spending all this time trying to improve my stats and yet i'm still level one in every category and the star barely moves

Platypus

Man I'm seriously regretting not having gone on media blackout prerelease. I'm on 7/21 right now and the buildup to the target is cool but I feel like I can already guess where its going. Would have been a lot more intriguing if I had gone in blind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom