• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was ridiculous lol. I remember the boss summoning minions over and over and over.

Fuck that boss.

Speaking of final bosses, I'm hoping this game's final boss is as good as Nyx Avatar. P4's final boss was a huge step down.

I will tell you this
Its a huge improvment over 4 in terms of final boss

Zhao_Yun

One question since the game hasn't made any mention of such a mechanic yet, but is there some kind of fatigue system like in P3 in this game or can I generally continue exploring until I run out of SP, etc.? I noticed that you can ask your party members about their condition in safe rooms but are there actual consequences for exploring while they are tired? (will they get sick, etc.?)

Xeteh

One question since the game hasn't made any mention of such a mechanic yet, but is there some kind of fatigue system like in P3 in this game or can I generally continue exploring until I run out of SP, etc.? I noticed that you can ask your party members about their condition in safe rooms but are there actual consequences for exploring while they are tired? (will they get sick, etc.?)

Yeah, its super poorly explained but there's no fatigue, they're just talking about their SP. I've been in the 4th Palace for long enough to be nearing the end and if I ask how everyone's doing they're still fine because my SP is still super high.

Zhao_Yun

Yeah, its super poorly explained but there's no fatigue, they're just talking about their SP. I've been in the 4th Palace for long enough to be nearing the end and if I ask how everyone's doing they're still fine because my SP is still super high.

Cool, thanks!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
been a while since i did the persona thing, if it says my bond wont increase with them will it still make progress with our bond or should i wait another day?

Hikami

Minor detail that I really appreciate: the controller vibrations. They're used pretty well here.

Like when your phone is vibrating and on melee attack hits giving them more impact.

I don't get why I can't fight these dudes even though I have their personas... I want xp!

I don't get this. You can always fight them, you just can't get them to join you in negotiation if they already are in your stock of masks.

But you can still fight and kill and all out attack and extort items and money from them.

been a while since i did the persona thing, if it says my bond wont increase with them will it still make progress with our bond or should i wait another day?

Yeah it will. You need to keep meeting with them to build up points, that and giving them responses that give them more music notes.

Ydelnae

5/23. How is Yusuke
making public appearance AND still living with Madarame after what went down in the shack before he gained his persona?

Opa-Pa

But it's fucking tedious and I'm not sure why they didn't make it so that you're somewhat near the level goal for the boss when you run a dungeon normally.

I've spent like 1-2 hours killing the same shit over and over just so that I could get a hold of these skills.

TL;DR, I like the encounter design on Merciless, but I don't like that it doesn't necessarily feed into what you need for the boss because of what I assume is the EXP distribution.

(which is even more annoying considering that the dungeons are hand crafted now)

That said, there seems to be some options to make EXP gain greater, so I'm currently experimenting with that...

The problem here is that the game is balanced so that provided you don't skip too many enemies, you'll naturally end up in the ideal level by the time you reach the boss... As long as you're playing on normal. Hard and merciless decrease the exp you gain so it's impossible not to have to grind for that. I'm playing on hard and I'm always 1 or 2 levels below, but I don't want to grind so I just force my way through haha.

Are you sure about that? Last night I was in a Palace when Ryuji died (and was revived) in a battle, and when I got to a safe room he said something like, "I'm not doing too well." He still had plenty of SP. That seems similar to what would happen in P3 -- their fatigue went way up after being knocked out.

At work frothing at the mouth to get back home and play all night. I've been getting such little sleep with how late I've been staying up playing.

Yep, it's Persona.

nOoblet16

About the 3rd dungeon
the vault phase was too long and it was unnecessarily padded out. The last lock should have been cut completely.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Also anyone got a good guide on when to do certain stuff?

I know you should train when its sunny out
Study when its raining
Bathhouse is on Monday and Thursday I think?

Kyrios

One thing always bugged me through P3, P4, and now P5: Why the hell can't you study after school and in the evening during testing? Lol It never made sense to me, just 3 wasted days.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
About the 3rd dungeon
the vault phase was too long and it was unnecessarily padded out. The last lock should have been cut completely.

Better get used to this, some reviewers complained the game is 10 hours longer than it should have been.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
i hate that term i cant take anyone serious who uses it

why? its a completely legit complaint, some games ARE longer than they should be, it ruins pacing and adds nothing but filler. Alice Madness Returns is one of the most blatant examples.

Chaos17

5/23. How is Yusuke
making public appearance AND still living with Madarame after what went down in the shack before he gained his persona?
He explained it:
Ann was the only one that Madarame wanted to sue. Yusuke made him believe that he was still in his camp.

Pygrus

The amount of wasted days is staggering.

You find the treasure.

Must leave.

Make calling card.

Wait another day.

Seriously, there are so many times I think "oh I got home in the evening from doing something that didn't involve fighting shadows, I should be able to at least do some of the many activities in my bedroom that are open to me."

Then I go try to do one of them and the damn cat comes up to me and is like "nah bro you are too tired for that."

I'd imagine this is how they balance the game, but its really frustrating that it happens so often.

One thing always bugged me through P3, P4, and now P5: Why the hell can't you study after school and in the evening during testing? Lol It never made sense to me, just 3 wasted days.
I think it's actually the game assuming that you are studying in the free time during that period

why? its a completely legit complaint, some games ARE longer than they should be, it ruins pacing and adds nothing but filler. Alice Madness Returns is one of the most blatant examples.

because they say it in a objective way , thinking that everyone makes the same amount of progress as they do in the same amount of time , but people actually dont do so

dan2026

I am unlocking all these places on the map, but when I get the option to take social links there most of them are greyed out.

Why is that?

Second dungeon spoilers:

get to safe room, navigate through a whole bunch of fake paintings, beat up a bunch of guards, get to crazy labyrinth, pick two correct paintings, pick one fake painting, get ambushed by four Jack Frost, get mabufued into oblivion, have to do all of it over again. FUCK YOU ATLUS

dan2026

Also another question, how do you get you maid to do housekeeping for you?

I have the option but I don't know how to do it.

nOoblet16

i hate that term i cant take anyone serious who uses it
It's true though, if you often feel like "oh man this section dragged too long then there is some issue with the pacing."

Think of this situation, you spend 2-3 hours in a dungeon, you start to tire out a bit, get bored of the theme, music, fighting and you wanna see something new. Then you get to the last room with your goal right in front of you and it feels like you're about to finish it, so you are pumped up again. But then you notice a final door in front of your goal with 3 locks and the keys to those are in 3 different sections adjacent to the last room...and you have have to do the same thing in each one of them. And after you do the first section you know that you have to do this same ordeal 2 more times and it'll probably also be harder/longer than the first time around.

Obviously at this point it'll feel like unnecessary padding as this completely kills the pacing, you were pumped up before but now you are just wishing it would end. Do it enough times and you start feeling like maybe the game could have done away with cutting away those padded sections that probably added 10 hours of gameplay that was unnecessary.

I've felt like this in the first dungeon as well as the third. Second one was a bit better in this sense.

Meowster

Last boss of the Second Palace:
What is the recommended level for Madarame? I'm level 18 on hard and I am struggling like hell. His elemental attacks are practically one shot kills. I've gotten past the paintings and onto the real Madarame but the damn painting came back and wiped the entire party with his nose.

Also - what is a good recommended level to get to before the third Palace?

Hikami

Morgana: Check out the sunday TV show thing.

I try to go upstairs to my room and check it out-

Morgana: Hey you're tired right? Let's sleep.
(Had just returned from mementos)

I'm gonna strangle this cat

Xeteh

Are you sure about that? Last night I was in a Palace when Ryuji died (and was revived) in a battle, and when I got to a safe room he said something like, "I'm not doing too well." He still had plenty of SP. That seems similar to what would happen in P3 -- their fatigue went way up after being knocked out.

Yeah, Ryuji and Morgana have both been knocked out several times because a dumb ass monster that hits too hard. They're still fine.

Jintor

Morgana: Check out the sunday TV show thing.

I try to go upstairs to my room and check it out-

Morgana: Hey you're tired right? Let's sleep.
(Had just returned from mementos)

I'm gonna strangle this cat

there's a tv on the ground floor of leblanc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom