• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get it either, I've been skipping them when he says 'this won't deepen my bond'

Maybe it increases but only a negligible amount?

You always increase your bond when you hang out with them. The message is just to let you know whether you will actually rank up during the next meeting. It's more used for planning- "OK, I have limited time before hitting the Palace tomorrow, can I visit someone today to rank up my bond?"

Salaadin

Is it possible to check how close I am to ranking up a stat? Really curious to see how close I am to r2 Kindness. I'm at a standstill on this, it seems. Helping Sojiro gets me nothing. Feeding the plant got me nothing. I see that watching movies helps but I'm broke. The library won't let me rent books.

Opa-Pa

I don't get it either, I've been skipping them when he says 'this won't deepen my bond'

Maybe it increases but only a negligible amount?

When it says it won't deepen what it means it that it won't rank up, but you'll still get "friendship points" (those smiling musical notes) necessary to rank up, so it's technically not a waste of time either.

Is it possible to check how close I am to ranking up a stat? Really curious to see how close I am to r2 Kindness. I'm at a standstill on this, it seems. Helping Sojiro gets me nothing. Feeding the plant got me nothing. I see that watching movies helps but I'm broke. The library won't let me rent books.
There are guides online that talk about how many points you need to advance ranks for each stat as well as how much various activities raise those stats, but nothing in game

nOoblet16

Last boss of the Second Palace:
What is the recommended level for Madarame? I'm level 18 on hard and I am struggling like hell. His elemental attacks are practically one shot kills. I've gotten past the paintings and onto the real Madarame but the damn painting came back and wiped the entire party with his nose.

Also - what is a good recommended level to get to before the third Palace?
You are actually at recommended level or even a bit overleveled I might say.

What you need to do for the 2nd painting phase is reduce the mouth's attack while you try to take down the other paintings. If you have an AoE attack then that's good. Don't worry about the mouth soaking up damage because once you start to exclusively focus on the mouth it won't take too long. They can only receive one painting at a time so if you kill 2 out of 4 then you only have to deal with 3 the next turn one of which will be really low health, low enough to be one shotted while the other 2 should be fairly low health as well. It's very easy if you just keep using AoE attacks and tank the bites from the mouth by reducing it's damage.

Also for Madurame, don't use any special attacks and just use normal physical attacks with X.
Dude takes pretty much the same damage with anything and does fuck all damage and he won't bring back the painting until you have taken 1/3rd of his health. Use this phase to buff up and fill your health. Once you get to the third phase it's very easy. The 2nd painting phase is literally the toughest part of the fight as you need to take out all the non mouth paintings around the same time.

No I thought there was a limit that it would increase and it would only make sense to hang out if my character said the bond would deepen.
Game doesn't allow you to spend time with a character that can't advance at all. There are times where you'll need social stat levels to advance and there is one character who's link hits an actual wall until a certain story event

Jiraiza

Time to start tending to those flowers at the shop, friendo.

Thanks for the advice all.

This is legitimately the only game I've played for more than five hours straight in years. Looking at my savetime I did 6 and a half hours today.

....I need to eat something. I can't believe I've been missing out on this series for so long.

Opa-Pa

Pro tip: Using your thief sense in the real world highlights, among other things, all potential confidants in your field of vision. It's pretty useful if you're looking for new candidates and haven't had them spoiled for you.

Ydelnae

Second boss spoilers

Took down the first four painting-face thing.

"Pf, this was way too easy"

My reaction for the rest of the fight:

giphy.gif

Yeah, Ryuji and Morgana have both been knocked out several times because a dumb ass monster that hits too hard. They're still fine.

Weird. Why would Ryuji complain that he's not feeling good if there's no fatigue mechanic then? Perhaps they took fatigue out of the game at the last minute.

30 hours in. It's been a very, very, long time since I've played a game that made 6-7 real life hours go by without me noticing. MGSV may have been the last time a game kept me up until the birds start chirping.

Question: how do you deal with those Shadows that have a gloomy personality type? Irritable and the cheerful types, I think you have to please them by being an ass-kisser, but idk what to do with these gloomy types.

Finally got to join you guys, I'm never trusting amazon with a pre-order again.

Played a couple of hours, loving everything about the game. It definitely gets down to business much faster than the previous games.

Ponn

Banned
I finally got to start playing this today. Amazon screwed up on my shipping and I didn't get it till yesterday late afternoon. After a couple of hours and finally getting to the school all I can say is...

FUCK...EVERYONE. Ricky Spanish is burning this whole damn town down.

Xeteh

30 hours in. It's been a very, very, long time since I've played a game that made 6-7 real life hours go by without me noticing. MGSV may have been the last time a game kept me up until the birds start chirping.

Question: how do you deal with those Shadows that have a gloomy personality type? Irritable and the cheerful types, I think you have to please them by being an ass-kisser, but idk what to do with these gloomy types.

Upbeat:
Like Joking answers
Dislike serious or vague answers

Timid:
Like kind answers
Dislike vague or joking answers

Irritable:
Like serious answers
Dislike vague or kind answers

Gloomy:
Like vague answers
Dislike serious or joking answers

If you forget just go in to the tutorial under the menu, scroll down to Shadow Personalities under Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom