• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Upbeat:
Like Joking answers
Dislike serious or vague answers

Timid:
Like kind answers
Dislike vague or joking answers

Irritable:
Like serious answers
Dislike vague or kind answers

Gloomy:
Like vague answers
Dislike serious or joking answers

If you forget just go in to the tutorial under the menu, scroll down to Shadow Personalities under Battle.

Neat, thanks!

Upbeat:
Like Joking answers
Dislike serious or vague answers

Timid:
Like kind answers
Dislike vague or joking answers

Irritable:
Like serious answers
Dislike vague or kind answers

Gloomy:
Like vague answers
Dislike serious or joking answers

If you forget just go in to the tutorial under the menu, scroll down to Shadow Personalities under Battle.

It 's also in the manual. I've bookmarked that page and the fusion chart and I just double-tab between the game and the browser as needed.

Trago

Went to my street buddy to get the Take Your Heart Edition I asked him to keep for me. He sold that shit. Fuck.

Steelbook it is.

2 hours in and holy shit. I gotta ask for some vacation days to play this non-stop.

That's what I did. Got the game today and will put in as much time as I can next week.
I was going to take a break anyway tbh.
The last rpgs I've played took me half a year to finish, I'd like for P5 to not take so long lol. Life really gets in the way of gaming.

Feels surreal to be finally playing this.

Went to my street buddy to get the Take Your Heart Edition I asked him to keep for me. He sold that shit. Fuck.

Steelbook it is.

Still waiting for mine from amazon, fortunately I managed to grab the single copy I was able to find in my area and it's the steelbook too.
Now I'm wondering if I should sell the TyH edition when it arrives and buy the big artbook later.

Trago

Still waiting for mine from amazon, fortunately I managed to grab the single copy I was able to find in my area and it's the steelbook too.
Now I'm wondering if I should sell the TyH edition when it arrives and buy the big artbook later.

I wanted that school bag.

;_;

Weiss

Banned
God I hate raising stats. It's such a pain in the ass, especially when it blocks Confidants.

It'd be one thing if they raised quickly but they take fucking forever and that's time I need to for Confidants. I probably won't even max out my party members at this rate.

nOoblet16

I feel dumb asking this, and I tried searching, but is school really 6 days a week in Japan?

For some reason that seems kind of cool.
It's 6 days a week in several non western countries. I grew up and went to school in India and Saturday was half day, as in school would finish by 11AM instead of the usual 2PM (school would start at 8AM). We also had to wear a different uniform on Saturdays (complete white) than the weekdays (biege shirts and dark brown trousers).

God I hate raising stats. It's such a pain in the ass, especially when it blocks Confidants.

It'd be one thing if they raised quickly but they take fucking forever and that's time I need to for Confidants. I probably won't even max out my party members at this rate.

Welcome to my world i missed 4-6 confidants because i lacked a certain maxed stats and when i did maxed it, it was too late

It's 6 days a week in several non western countries. I grew up and went to school in India and Saturday was half day as in school would finish by 11AM instead of the usual 2PM. We also had to wear a different uniform on saturdays than the rest of the days.

Any reason why you had to wear a different uniform?

Kyrios

Is it just me, or is persuading Persona a lot easier in this game than trying to persuade demons in SMT4?

I think I only failed one negotiation in the 20 hours I've been playing.

That's why I usually just focus on stats in my first playthrough in Persona games and then on my second playthrough I go for all of the social links.

Xeteh

Is it just me, or is persuading Persona a lot easier in this game than trying to persuade demons in SMT4?

A huge reason I got turned off from SMTIV was that the negotiation was totally random. It made me hate the mechanic and I had no desire to keep playing the game at all.

Dungeon #2 has been conquered. Final boss and the story wrap-up were pretty good but I really hope the game will give me a little more room in the future. Well, at least now I should have a couple of weeks to spend with my confidants before the story progresses.

Man the more i listen to this song, the more i love it

Rivers in the Desert

Avoid the youtube comments

Yeah, I've been listening to that non-stop even though I haven't even heard it in the game yet.

Caim

That's why I usually just focus on stats in my first playthrough in Persona games and then on my second playthrough I go for all of the social links.

Yeah since negotiation isn't random this time around.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Even I had school on Saturday 15 years ago, and I live in the deepest center of Europe. I don't think a lot of schools do that anymore though.

First palace took me embarrassingly long. Dat boss theme though...

(Temperance S. Link)
Looked up a guide, and the perk on Lvl. 10 sounds like it would solve a lot of the complaints about the game. Being able to do things at night even after going to Metaverse should be available at an earlier stage.

Kalentan

Can we give some praise to the dub? Like the longer I go on the more I just love the English dub cast. It just feels so... genuine... If that makes sense. Like in my opinion the VA's really slipped into these roles.

Kyrios

it is, not as random in persona

Ive had 3 failed in 16 so I'd say so far yes lol.

A huge reason I got turned off from SMTIV was that the negotiation was totally random. It made me hate the mechanic and I had no desire to keep playing the game at all.

Yeah since negotiation isn't random this time around.

Literally never knew SMT4 was random with the outcomes, no wonder I sucked at it lol

nOoblet16

Any reason why you had to wear a different uniform?
I think originally it was to do with the fact that Saturday was the day when we had PT drills and other activities and a change in uniform was to signify that it's different from other days.

Of course that was how it started, but in large schools like mine (2000-3000 students) they can't have the playground crowded despite having plenty of space (we had 1 football field, 1 cricket field and one tennis court all open to students) on Saturdays so they would allocate sports period for each class throughout the week but the one thing that everyone had to do on Saturday was some light PT drills after the school assembly in the morning.

Dungeon #2 has been conquered. Final boss and the story wrap-up were pretty good but I really hope the game will give me a little more room in the future. Well, at least now I should have a couple of weeks to spend with my confidants before the story progresses.

Yeah, I've been listening to that non-stop even though I haven't even heard it in the game yet.

You will hear it eventually somewhere along the line

Jiraiza

OTW0Bin.jpg

Living with this cat was a mistake.

It is, but I was told that Saturdays are mostly for club activities. When I joined a lab we had meetings all saturdays and after the meeting was over we had study groups.

Hmm that's interesting. I feel like if they allowed a casual dress code and shorter hours on Saturdays that would make me feel more interested in school activities.

I was a shitty student in my day.

Shouta

Does it make a big difference to have a corresponding persona out when you meet with confidants?

You can actually tell how much it increases when you bring them to the confidant. If your interaction only gives you 1 note, with a corresponding persona, you'd get 2 notes, etc.

Bladenic

Not sure it's because I have a new job or cuz I'm older or both, but yeah the game's start feels so slow and sluggish. I mean the beginning of the story should've captured my interest. However I think I'm about to get my fourth party member so hopefully that means the training wheels are nearly off.

Lol messed up big! Had two days left on the first palace. Didn't realize sending a calling card would take up a full day and failed! Had a back up save with 4 days left but accidently saved over it when I clicked it -_-

*screams into air

Haven't played SMT4, but they are definitely harder in SMT1 (which I'm slowly playing on iOS) and Nocturne. I'm not sure if they are random, but it definitely feels like a more opaque process in the SMT games. I'm happy Persona added negotiations, but it's a bit too easy due to the fact that they tell you up-front which personality type a demon is, which informs you about what you need to say.

One thing I was surprised about is that demons are more likely to give you items if you have the same demon in your mask. This is a mechanic in SMT1, but I don't remember that happening in Nocturne.

You can actually tell how much it increases when you bring them to the confidant. If your interaction only gives you 1 note, with a corresponding persona, you'd get 2 notes, etc.

Huh, was that the case in previous Persona games? I never thought it mattered what was active.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom