• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Huh, was that the case in previous Persona games? I never thought it mattered what was active.

It doesn't have to be active, you just have to have it on you. It'll say you have the ____ persona, so your relationship will grow quicker", or something to that effect.

Is there a difference between a dungeon and a palace? Just a yes or no is fine.

No, unless you count
Mementos
as a dungeon, but they never call it that in the game.

That's why I usually just focus on stats in my first playthrough in Persona games and then on my second playthrough I go for all of the social links.

So generally it's impossible to max out both before the game is over? Guess I should start picking a lane soon.

I'm surprised people are getting so upset about the morgana bedtime thing. Or rather blaming it on Morgana as a character. I love Morgana, he's a lot of fun and I always recognized that the whole go to sleep thing was more on the creators than the character

So generally it's impossible to max out both before the game is over? Guess I should start picking a lane soon.

no way you can max all links without a guide on a normal new game, and you'll probably need max stats to complete all the links, so max stats and try to complete links you like the most, an

It is possible but you have use a guide from day 1 you started and it is stressful to follow exactly what it tells you to do. There's 'no fun in which is why i beaten it blindly.

Chaos17

I'm surprised people are getting so upset about the morgana bedtime thing. Or rather blaming it on Morgana as a character. I love Morgana, he's a lot of fun and I always recognized that the whole go to sleep thing was more on the creators than the character
No, I blame the game to be too ******* restrictive! Let me at least do something inside the cafe when it was a day that concerned the story. That's just too stupid!

Kyrios

It's insanely rigid to max out both, like following a guide perfectly on what to do every day. That's why I don't worry about that stuff until my second playthrough and just enjoy playing my first time through without the paranoia.

Stats carry over in future playthroughs like P3 and P4.

megalowho

No, I blame the game to be too ******* restrictive! Let me at least do something inside the cafe when it was a day that concerned the story. That's just too stupid!
At some point you've just got to go with the flow - events will unfold over a year and there's gonna be visual novel/story days throughout. The game is balanced for the number of free days available, it just wants you to Take Your Time.

I think most of us do that in jest =)

I generally pro
being rude to
Ryuji.

Honestly during the lead up to the 5th palace
I'm glad Ryuji got called out for being an insensitive asshole to Morgana. Like it was clearly in jest most of the time, but when it became clear that Morgana was feeling really insecure and when were just about to make up with him and then Ryuji just fucking ruins everything, I'm glad he was called a douche in that moment

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
i dont think he can go to shibuya at night

Oh, yeah, sorry. I forget you can't do that from the beginning.

Honestly during the lead up to the 5th palace
I'm glad Ryuji got called out for being an insensitive asshole to Morgana. Like it was clearly in jest most of the time, but when it became clear that Morgana was feeling really insecure and when were just about to make up with him and then Ryuji just fucking ruins everything, I'm glad he was called a douche in that moment

I liked that, but I still feel like (5th palace spoilers)
Morgana ended up apologizing to him, and I'm there on my couch yelling, "WHAT! IT WAS DEFINITELY RYUJI'S FAULT! DON'T APOLOGIZE!"

At some point you've just got to go with the flow - events will unfold over a year and there's gonna be visual novel/story days throughout. The game is balanced for the number of free days available, it just wants you to Take Your Time.

That's what I've been thinking too in regards to its balanced that way. I don't see the conflict.

I wonder if some people get too stressed over trying to max everything.

Question about working a job, no spoilers but I'll tag it anyways:
how do I get a job at the beef bowl? I just unlocked mementos but everytime I stop by Morgana just says some random shit and I can't ever enter the store

Also, a warning for anyone doing the first dungeon, it concerns an area towards the end but no story spoilers. The
circular area where the floors rise up, I ended up in top of one of those floor panels after a fight and was stuck. I couldn't move out of it or jump down, I ended up losing 2 hours of progress so just be careful moving around there.

Hikami

how do I get a job at the beef bowl? I just unlocked mementos but everytime I stop by Morgana just says some random shit and I can't ever enter the store
Have to get an application first. They're in the underground walkway in Shibuya. The yen symbols on the map.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member

Also, a warning for anyone doing the first dungeon, it concerns an area towards the end but no story spoilers. The
circular area where the floors rise up, I ended up in top of one of those floor panels after a fight and was stuck. I couldn't move out of it or jump down, I ended up losing 2 hours of progress so just be careful moving around there.

Did you
apply at the magazine rack at the train station
?

You may also have to
talk to the guy giving the speech outside the station, and then it unlocks.

Saprol

From that confuse farm talk earlier, I went and took Pulinpa/Confuse Boost off Onmoraki and mashed it into Flauros to get the physical-null Shiki-Ouji. Maybe later I'll try for the AoE confusion skill Tentarafoo.

RWU1DfW.png

Well with doing stuff like that, my persona stock is getting cramped with me trying to cover phys damage, all elements my party is missing, and confidants I haven't pushed to rank 10.

Are there any confidants that you spend time with in Tokyo but don't require a matching persona? Not like the auto-advancement from
Fool / Magician / Strength.

data

So annoying how they have to pull you out of the gameplay for some conversations all the time. I just want to play the game, just stop explaining literally every thing, please. The dungeons so far have really lessened my experience.

And I barely even feel like I can get anything done during the day...

Zafir

The social stat requirements seem a lot stricter this time around.

I remember them being a bit more of an issue in Persona 3, but they seemed to tone it down in 4.

Now they're back again with a vengeance... There's a requirement to start an SL, then you get into it and it asks you for more requirements to advance. X.x

Ydelnae

All these confidants making me get rank 4 on some skills, complete a bunch of sidequests or even pay them to improve our social link. Uhm, rude?

The time management in this game feels even worse than Persona 4's. It's really souring the experience for me.
I admire those who enjoy being forced to do shittier versions of the stuff you do in the real world. I play video games to relax after cleaning my house, going to work and being forced to go to bed when my dog tells me too.

The time management in this game feels even worse than Persona 4's. It's really souring the experience for me.

It's just because the of the longer story segments that take up a bunch of days I think. I mean I just got to a part with literally 18 free days to complete a palace.

The social stat requirements seem a lot stricter this time around.

I remember them being a bit more of an issue in Persona 3, but they seemed to tone it down in 4.

Now they're back again with a vengeance... There's a requirement to start an SL, then you get into it and it asks you for more requirements to advance. X.x
I'm still in the first dungeon, but this feels a lot more like Persona 3 than 4 in a lot of ways. It seems like 4 is going to end up being an anomaly in the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom