• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nOoblet16

*After getting hurt*

Ryuji: "Ahh it's like my ass cracked"
Yusuke: "Ann is yours too?"
Ann: "What? no!!"
Makoto: "Isn't it suppose to be though?"

Lol

Kinsei

Banned
First Palace:
All right, I popped a snuff soul and I'm ready to take on the boss!

"We have to leave and send a calling card"

Fuck.

I think I'll spend a few days leveling guts for one of my confidants before jumping back in.

You got to appreciate how to go with the themes of the game your protagonist is basically using Morgana to help him cheat on exams lol (And is even called out on it by party members)

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Ok......I'm in the first real dungeon run with a full party, the part where the tutorial about enemy color coding pops up, and I've never had this happen to me in a Persona game so early before but I keep getting one-shotted by the enemies in here and haven't made a goddamn bit of progress in over an hour. I'm not sure what advice I could be given here, but I'm just mystified at the difficulty spike.

Nose Master

Okay, fuck you game. 6/7 Teacher Question spoilers:
How the fuck would you quantify that people "started dreaming in color" after the advent of color TV? Is there any actual real life backing to this?

Ok......I'm in the first real dungeon run with a full party, the part where the tutorial about enemy color coding pops up, and I've never had this happen to me in a Persona game so early before but I keep getting one-shotted by the enemies in here and haven't made a goddamn bit of progress in over an hour. I'm not sure what advice I could be given here, but I'm just mystified at the difficulty spike.

I mean, you can stealth past enemies in this one if you're having trouble. In fact, I'm pretty sure the game doesn't want you to fight everything in your path, even if that's what I often end up doing personally

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
Do you get special cutscenes with whoever your character is romantically involved with like in persona 4 golden? And im guessing there are punishments for making your character a playa like in previous games

Also how do i level up guts faster. There seems to be no dedicated spot

nOoblet16

Okay, fuck you game. 6/7 Teacher Question spoilers:
How the fuck would you quantify that people "started dreaming in color" after the advent of color TV? Is there any actual real life backing to this?
Yes there is. I read up on it later and found it fascinating.

It doesn't have to be active, you just have to have it on you. It'll say you have the ____ persona, so your relationship will grow quicker", or something to that effect.

It just needs to be one of the current personas you have on you, but yeah its been like that in 3/4 at least.

Sorry yeah, I thought he was saying it had to be the currently chosen Persona in 5, I knew it helped in general in 3.

nOoblet16

Do you get special cutscenes with whoever your character is romantically involved with like in persona 4 golden? And im guessing there are punishments for making your character a playa like in previous games

The burger challenge will give you guts everytime, even if you fail.

yes. As for Guts, read certain books (There are from time to time moments when you can read books without wasting free time), watch movies that raise guts, the diner can give you a point in guts and 2 points in knowledge (3 in knowledge if it's raining). You can also do the Death social link, but I'm assuming you're asking because you need to get the first guts level up to advance that one

On 5/18 I must have been one of the <1% who hung out with Mishima because he wasn't even listed on the Thieves Guild (this was the first day at your second hideout where everyone went into the dungeon). I'll try not to feel guilty about my decision lol.

Shouta

Oh, yeah, sorry. I forget you can't do that from the beginning.

I liked that, but I still feel like (5th palace spoilers)
Morgana ended up apologizing to him, and I'm there on my couch yelling, "WHAT! IT WAS DEFINITELY RYUJI'S FAULT! DON'T APOLOGIZE!"

To be fair
to Ryuji, Morgana doesn't say a single thing about what's bothering him and is the one that eggs on Ryuji during the conversation where they were trying to decide whether or not to go after Okumura. He specifically targets Ryuji at that works himself into a huff when Ryuji was going to follow the agreed upon rules for deciding targets.

Yeah, it's annoying . You just got to ambush all the time and exploit weaknesses. The game can be cheap as fuck sometimes but it should get better. I haven't saved this frequently in a game since Divinity

To be fair
to Ryuji, Morgana doesn't say a single thing about what's bothering him and is the one that eggs on Ryuji during the conversation where they were trying to decide whether or not to go after Okumura. He specifically targets Ryuji at that works himself into a huff when Ryuji was going to follow the agreed upon rules for deciding targets.
This is true at first,
but after Morgana is clearly upset at the party and left them and is clearly feeling insecure, Ryuji continues to call him useless, right when we were on the verge of making up with him

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
To be fair

In the lead up, I agree with you, but
there's a couple times where Ryuji is a dick to Morgana after Morgana's run away from the team, even when he was supposed to be making nice. That pushed me from seeing Ryuji as the typically bro team mate, that will never be my favorite, to actively disliking him.

This is true at first,
but after Morgana is clearly upset at the party and left them and is clearly feeling insecure, Ryuji continues to call him useless, right when we were on the verge of making up with him

Yeah, I agree.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Yeah, it's annoying . You just got to ambush all the time and exploit weaknesses. The game can be cheap as fuck sometimes but it should get better. I haven't saved this frequently in a game since Divinity
Since I'm burning my SP so fast in this game, is there a cheaper way to replenish then expensive potions?

Well there's brewing coffee at Leblanc's but that does waste time.

if you do the temperance social link you'll eventually get a skill that lets you get coffee with no time investment at the cost of 5000 yen. And if you get Death to rank 7 you can get a good sp regen item for 50,000 yen (You can get it earlier in the SL, but it'll be double the price)

if you do the temperance social link you'll eventually get a skill that lets you get coffee with no time investment at the cost of 5000 yen. And if you get Death to rank 7 you can get a good sp regen item for 50,000 yen (You can get it earlier in the SL, but it'll be double the price)

Man the rewards for confidants are crazy in this game aren't they?

On 5/18 I must have been one of the <1% who hung out with Mishima because he wasn't even listed on the Thieves Guild (this was the first day at your second hideout where everyone went into the dungeon). I'll try not to feel guilty about my decision lol.

I had to laugh when I checked the Thieves Guild on the second day of free time and it showed "2% Did Laundry, Went Home". Like they were so disinterested in hanging out with people and going to the dungeon that they preferred to clean. I didn't even know you could do laundry in this game.

DNAbro

3rd palace done in one day and boss finished.

Doing it one day was actually really tough. Boss was extremely easy though.

I had to laugh when I checked the Thieves Guild on the second day of free time and it showed "2% Did Laundry, Went Home". Like they were so disinterested in hanging out with people and going to the dungeon that they preferred to clean. I didn't even know you could do laundry in this game.

you can find dirty armor that have no value and bad stats until you bring them to the laundromat

The cast of 5 blows 4's out of the water.

They aren't as buddy buddy as 4's cast, which I really like. They're written in a way that's more down to earth, and realistic. It makes the moments where they do open up, and get together that much more powerful.

Late May spoiler for example
The Hot Pot night
felt like they hit that next level of friendship/camaraderie.

The Devil Confidant character is creepy as hell!

There's a reason for that. You'll encounter it at some point.

You can do it to turn dirty equipment into useful stuff. That said, it's far more beneficial to just clean it using the housekeeping ability you get from temperance which lets you do it without wasting in game time. The stuff you get from it is random from a pool of options, so there's a chance you can get really good stuff early on

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
Question about ( something related to after palace 1)
Mementos bosses. Can you talk to them to give you extra money/special items? Or do you just all out attack them ?

Man the rewards for confidants are crazy in this game aren't they?

Love it like that. In persona 4 i only wanted to max out social links of party memebers to give them boosts, but now im way more encouraged to try and boost everyones social links

RPGCrazied

23 hours in, barely finished the 2nd dungeon. This is going to be a long one.

And where is homeroom? Can't seem to find it at school.

Mailbox

Question about ( something related to after palace 1)
Mementos bosses. Can you talk to them to give you extra money/special items? Or do you just all out attack them ?

I tried talking to one, but the game said i wasn't allowed to. Idk if this is the case for all of the Momentos bosses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom