• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiraiza

5/18:

It bugs me how
they're not trying very hard to keep their identities a secret, what with the Nakano guy just coming right up to tell them and spilling the beans in public.

Oh, whatever.

5/18:

It bugs me how
they're not trying very hard to keep their identities a secret, what with the Nakano guy just coming right up to tell them and spilling the beans in public.

Oh, whatever.

Yeah that's a little strange. Maybe it's because they are high schoolers.

I think it's mainly Mishima who set that up and who really doesn't understand they need to keep this secret.

There's a reason for that. You'll encounter it at some point.

Gotcha. They've created so many different shops and activities for everything you might want to do. In one way it makes the city feel more fleshed out, but there's a lot to remember and a lot of traveling compared to the older games.

Zyrox

Question about the Temperance SL: (lv.2)
I'm just at level 2 with her and for level 3 it's already hitting me with the "your bond won't deepen just yet" stuff even though I used the right Persona and told her what she wanted to hear (used a guide). Pretty early for the points requirement to skyrocket. Is it maybe that I need to advance the story for the SLink to advance or are her requirements really that crazy? If it's the latter, are there ways to get her SLink points up without actually spending time with her?
Sorry for the spoilerbars it's pretty minor stuff but better safe then sorry.

dude,
i decided doing all kind of stuff around the city and left the ending of the first dungeon for the last day, didn't know about the letter thing that consumes one more day... game over.

now i'm doing the whole dungeon again feeling like the most stupid person alive.

K' Dash

I need a little guidance here please:

I started the game on hard difficulty, fast forward to a the first dungeon, in what I'm told is close to the end the enemies are fucking kicking my ass, I mean, even if I stun them all, I do is shit damage and when I fail one single command they destroy me in one hit.

Now my question, is this normal? I don't remember P4 being this fucking hard, should I keep at it and git gud?

Also I have the best armor and weapons available, can't believe I spent all that money and the shadows one shot me.

Any tips are appreciated.

LotusHD

Banned
Finished the first dungeon.

If I didn't before, I like Ann a lot now, such a badass.
"There are worse fates than death" indeed. And lmao at Ryuji's response to that.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Is anybody else finding the dungeons more tedious because of the forced stealth in the claustrophobic spots (which are most spots)? It definitely puts me way more on edge than 3 and 4 ever did, but I'm not sure if that's a good thing.

It's super easy to finish a palace on the first day. I kinda hope I can do The with all of the palaces and save the rest of the days for doing life shit.

Holy shit, get 14 kinds of fucked.

Hold Up a monster, answer both of his questions with the yellow happy note answers, he says something about forgiving me and stands up out of the Hold Up then proceeds to attack three times in a row.

What the ever fucking fuck of fuck?

silva1991

The second fucking death in the garbage 10/30 spoiler
fucking maze
, because of evil smile+ghastly wail combo.

Fucking hell.

Tunoku

Question about a Confidant you get in May/June:

The homeroom teacher. What is up with that skipping class thing? Does it come up automatically or do I trigger it somehow? And what does it let me do? Read during homeroom?

Quick question: I'm about to finish the first dungeon (
sent calling card
) and was wondering if there's any point to fighting demons? I haven't tried an encounter cause I wanna do the boss fight at full health, but are the encounters during the final run any different than the usual demons? Any demons that I won't have another chance to get?

sent calling card
) and was wondering if there's any point to fighting demons? I haven't tried an encounter cause I wanna do the boss fight at full health, but are the encounters during the final run any different than the usual demons? Any demons that I won't have another chance to get?
They are no different. I usually just go to the final boss. Just make sure you loot the locked chests before you fight the boss.

What levels were you guys at for the second boss on Normal?

I pushed it to 19 right before the second boss. I'm not leaving Palaces or Mementos until my team is absolutely SP starved and pushed to the limit. Time is precious and I'm going to milk my thieving days for experience and cash until my party weeps for HP and SP.

sent calling card

Once a palace is cleared you can't return so any personas you want/need may or may not be easy to find down the road.

Zyrox

Question about a Confidant you get in May/June:

The homeroom teacher. What is up with that skipping class thing? Does it come up automatically or do I trigger it somehow? And what does it let me do? Read during homeroom?

Slacking off ability comes up automatically when you have class with her. Allows you to read books or make tools during class. Though if you pay attention to the lesson instead of slacking off it will raise your knowledge.

Shouta

This is true at first,
but after Morgana is clearly upset at the party and left them and is clearly feeling insecure, Ryuji continues to call him useless, right when we were on the verge of making up with him

In the lead up, I agree with you, but
there's a couple times where Ryuji is a dick to Morgana after Morgana's run away from the team, even when he was supposed to be making nice. That pushed me from seeing Ryuji as the typically bro team mate, that will never be my favorite, to actively disliking him.

Yeah, I agree.

Eh,
Ryuji is not intentionally being mean to Morgana in the scene in the subway, at least that's how it reads in the JP version, dunno about the EN version.. There's no sensitivity in the way he says it but Ryuji's only saying he wants Morgana on the team no matter what. It's Morgana's insecurity, and partially his ego, that blows the entire thing up.

It actually worked out better for the team that Ryuji was a bit callous in that situation because the events that followed got Morgana to come clean about what he was feeling. If Ryuji had said something different there and Morgana came back at the entrance of the subway instead, things may have gone south later because Morgana hadn't been honest and had an inflated ego. I mean, Morgana even says something that gets the MC to stroke his ego there, lol

LotusHD

Banned
They are no different. I usually just go to the final boss. Just make sure you loot the locked chests before you fight the boss.

Err I beat the boss without bothering to do that. Are the stuff inside the locked chests that worth it?

And as a general rule of thumb, I should always try and collect all the Personas in a given dungeon?

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Uhhh okay I just got the part at the second boss where
it regenerates it's pieces. Pretty positive I don't have an attack that can take them all out at once. Am I fucked?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom