• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Shit yeah I'm definitely underpowered. Guess I'm gonna have to waste a day grinding.

As mostly a Persona newcomer, I'm really liking it. It feels fleshed out, art is vibrant, music is terrific, and I'm really caught up in the whacky, amusing school drama aspect. P4's beginning was much too slow for me and while this is still most definitely a slow burn, I find the narration and protagonist involvement more engaging. This lets you do things and participate more I feel... just more involving I guess despite still being slow.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Shit yeah I'm definitely underpowered. Guess I'm gonna have to waste a day grinding.

I think I was the same level as you and got carried by
Rampage.

If you can complete the twin confidant request go for that, that Shiina Persona was a super strong physical attacker for that fight.

Reszo

How do i start the confidant relationship with the teacher? I already did the
maid service
part, where do i talk to her to get the arcana started.

Papercuts

maid service

She's in the hallway on the same floor as your class.

Shouta

maid service

You can start it by
using the phone downstairs in LeBlanc to call her

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I think I was the same level as you and got carried by
Rampage.

If you can complete the twin confidant request go for that, that Shiina Persona was a super strong physical attacker for that fight.
Oh shit, I totally can do that fusion. Thanks for the tip.

Err I beat the boss without bothering to do that. Are the stuff inside the locked chests that worth it?

And as a general rule of thumb, I should always try and collect all the Personas in a given dungeon?

Chest stuff isn't worth the time it takes to make the lockpicks IMO.

For the second question, once you get
Mementos
all the demons that were in the palaces can also be found there. There are no "missable" personas/demons as far as I'm aware.

Shiki Ouji is distressingly overpowered. Especially around the time you get him. If you have an SP Regen item you can grind in the dungeon forever. Just fight Oni who only have physical attacks and just skip turns as they kill your party, then clean up and revive all them when your SP maxes out.

Really getting annoyed at being forced to sleep almost every night...

Also the song in your bedroom sounds like it could be a rocket league menu song.

LotusHD

Banned
Chest stuff isn't worth the time it takes to make the lockpicks IMO.

For the second question, once you get
Mementos
all the demons that were in the palaces can also be found there. There are no "missable" personas/demons as far as I'm aware.

Oh okay, good to know.

Dresden

Expenses are pretty high in this game. Just watching my cash reserve plummet as P5Hero drinks 5000 yen smoothies and gets 5000 yen laundries done.

I'm about 17 hours in and just finished the first palace boss haha...

Really enjoying the game though. Makes me want to check out other works in the shin megami universe.

I'll hopefully get the game in a few days. Luckily I'm blind about the game's story (unlike with P3 and P4 where I got major ploints spoiled ;_;) Anything I should look out for? Any important changes from P4? Recommended difficulty? Any crazy requirements for a true ending? Do girls get mad at you if you date them at the same time? :p

nOoblet16

I'm 3 months into the game with 3 dungeons done. I haven't even touched Memento and I have been skipping a lot of conversations lately because a lot of time it's just too much text for a simple thing, and yet it's taken me 39 hours to get here. Man this game is going to be looooooong game !!

Speaking of texts I've noticed that a lot of Japanese games use a boat load of text to just say what could have been said in 3 sentences (had this issue in Yakuza too). Why ? I mean when every message/dialogue is 3-4 lines long and every conversation has 10-20 messages/dialogues it's a lot to read for something that could be condensed into something much less.

I'm about 17 hours in and just finished the first palace boss haha...

Really enjoying the game though. Makes me want to check out other works in the shin megami universe.
Devil Survivor, Digital Devil Saga, and Shin Megami Tensei 4 are my recommendations. And if you want an ass kicking, Nocturne has the biggest foot of the bunch.

CSX

So am i right in that the best way to get those rare personas if you never cause alerts in the Palaces is grinding in mementos and occasionally see one on the floors?

Blindy

Stuck on the 2nd boss fight on hard, what I hate about this fight is its pure RNG/Luck. 2 times Yusuke has been hit by fire, Ann by ice, it's bullshit to be frank. You can't really avoid that.

I got it to the very end(I only had Yusuke/MC to gang up and we tried our best offensive attacks but alas, he was 1 hit away) but he wiped out my characters with ease with The Artist Grace and Sukaja(The ability to evade) is again, pure luck and it doesn't always guarantee saving that character.

I am level 19 and have High Pixie with Media & Diarama/Nekomata as well. What sucks so much with this game is the inability to buy a revival item at any point. Seems like such a huge hindsight given Recarm is an ability in most SMTs you learn in your late 20's I believe. Should they be cheap? No but they should be available not so later in the game.

DNAbro

Stuck on the 2nd boss fight on hard, what I hate about this fight is its pure RNG/Luck. 2 times Yusuke has been hit by fire, Ann by ice, it's bullshit to be frank. You can't really avoid that.

I got it to the very end(I only had Yusuke/MC to gang up and we tried our best offensive attacks but alas, he was 1 hit away) but he wiped out my characters with ease with The Artist Grace and Sukaja(The ability to evade) is again, pure luck and it doesn't always guarantee saving that character.

I am level 19 and have High Pixie with Media & Diarama/Nekomata as well. What sucks so much with this game is the inability to buy a revival item at any point. Seems like such a huge hindsight given Recarm is an ability in most SMTs you learn in your late 20's I believe. Should they be cheap? No but they should be available not so later in the game.

I'm pretty sure I could buy revival items by that point.

Doctor sold them after a point I believe.

Kiro

I'm about a week in on the calendar and I really don't understand Personas confidants and characters. It's like they all have their own level system but I have no idea what I am using, a Persona or a confidant? I've only played #FE and that was easy with orbs and weapons.

Can anyone explain what each is clearly? I'd appreciate it.

RDreamer

Devil Survivor, Digital Devil Saga, and Shin Megami Tensei 4 are my recommendations. And if you want an ass kicking, Nocturne has the biggest foot of the bunch.

Seconding these recs. Well, DDS and SMT4 anyway. I haven't actually played much more than an hour or so of Devil Survivor. I definitely need to at some point.

P5 is really making me want a full on DDS remaster for PS4. Man I hope they do that.

First Persona game...is this game rely a lot on grinding? Not quite done with the 1st palace yet though I imagine I'm close
(throne room)
but I notice some enemies can nearly 1 shot you . I upgraded a lot of my equipment from that airsoft store and such and fused some personas I had. I think I'm level 10 or 11.

Blindy

I'm pretty sure I could buy revival items by that point.

Doctor sold them after a point I believe.
She's level 4 in my social link and she only gives HP heals thus far shockingly enough. Not even SP which outside of coffee brewing is another thing that kinda stinks(I legit stock up on those 5 SP vending machines LOL)

Papercuts

I'm about a week in on the calendar and I really don't understand Personas confidants and characters. It's like they all have their own level system but I have no idea what I am using, a Persona or a confidant? I've only played #FE and that was easy with orbs and weapons.

Can anyone explain what each is clearly? I'd appreciate it.

I think it explains it more as you play, but basically you're using Personas, but they have a tarot card associated with it. Confidants are NPCs you can bond with that also have these associated with them, you get bonus points with them if you have the same 'type' of persona on, and makes fusing better.

So Ryuji for example is Chariot, if you have him at rank 4 and fuse a Chariot-type persona it gets a burst of extra XP from that bond, and if you hang out with him you should try to have a Chariot on.

Kiro

I think it explains it more as you play, but basically you're using Personas, but they have a tarot card associated with it. Confidants are NPCs you can bond with that also have these associated with them, you get bonus points with them if you have the same 'type' of persona on, and makes fusing better.

So Ryuji for example is Chariot, if you have him at rank 4 and fuse a Chariot-type persona it gets a burst of extra XP from that bond, and if you hang out with him you should try to have a Chariot on.

Haha thanks. Somehow I'm still confused. I think this weekend when I grind another 10 hours and actually sink my teeth in it will become clear.

Dresden

6/14:

kinda bugs me that
after getting screwed for being too loud in public about their thieving ways, they still meet in public to talk about said thieving ways

When's a good time to (in first dungeon)
ask demons for items?
It seems like the results are always garbage.

agathions maybe, one of them gave me a soul drop once, otherwise it's just junk

First Persona game...is this game rely a lot on grinding? Not quite done with the 1st palace yet though I imagine I'm close
(throne room)
but I notice some enemies can nearly 1 shot you . I upgraded a lot of my equipment from that airsoft store and such and fused some personas I had. I think I'm level 10 or 11.

its pretty normal for persona games to be able to almost kill you even at the same lvls of them and grinding wont really negate that

Papercuts

Haha thanks. Somehow I'm still confused. I think this weekend when I grind another 10 hours and actually sink my teeth in it will become clear.

I would just explore the menus a lot, there's some additional tutorials you can re-read and if you check the confidant and persona tabs it might make more sense. This is my first Persona game so I felt pretty overwhelmed at first too.

Jiraiza

xUz3GuY.jpg

...What is she doing? Because that's cute as fug.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom