• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm 3 months into the game with 3 dungeons done. I haven't even touched Memento and I have been skipping a lot of conversations lately because a lot of time it's just too much text for a simple thing, and yet it's taken me 39 hours to get here. Man this game is going to be looooooong game !!

Speaking of texts I've noticed that a lot of Japanese games use a boat load of text to just say what could have been said in 3 sentences (had this issue in Yakuza too). Why ? I mean when every message/dialogue is 3-4 lines long and every conversation has 10-20 messages/dialogues it's a lot to read for something that could be condensed into something much less.

Stuck at the final dungeon with 129hrs

Kiro

I would just explore the menus a lot, there's some additional tutorials you can re-read and if you check the confidant and persona tabs it might make more sense. This is my first Persona game so I felt pretty overwhelmed at first too.

Ya to me it's just like. I'm arsene, but I'm also a fool. And I'm also a fool with igor. And I'm also leveling my main char. I haven't even gotten into other chars and fusing and it seems like I have 4 different titles lol.

So can you get other confidants for the 1st dungeon other than
anna, morgana, ryujji(spelling?)?
. Just not sure if I'm missing anything. Sort of overwhelmed by everything lol. Seems like so much you can do and people to talk to.

RDreamer

Speaking of texts I've noticed that a lot of Japanese games use a boat load of text to just say what could have been said in 3 sentences (had this issue in Yakuza too). Why ? I mean when every message/dialogue is 3-4 lines long and every conversation has 10-20 messages/dialogues it's a lot to read for something that could be condensed into something much less.

This was actually my problem with the Bravely series. Somehow they were the absolute worst offenders with this sort of thing. I felt every conversation was the same idea looped about 4-5 times. My fiance played them and noticed the same thing. I notice it less here, but it's still there.

Just finished the second dungeon, about 22 hours in. Afterwards I did the stuff to initiate the Temperance social link, that was fun. Loving the game so far. Playing on normal and the second dungeon boss was pretty easy, Tarukaja (Or whatever Attack+ is) plus Rampage wrecks fools.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
reading you guys's time played in various points, particularly the first dungeon / palace, and since this game unlike others doesnt really allow to waste time fucking around, I take it that me at my measly 3 hours played am nowhere near doing the first palace then? :3

I've been to
it twice story wise and I actually thought I was going to go there for real soon
but I guess not lol >_<

I'm about a week in on the calendar and I really don't understand Personas confidants and characters. It's like they all have their own level system but I have no idea what I am using, a Persona or a confidant? I've only played #FE and that was easy with orbs and weapons.

Can anyone explain what each is clearly? I'd appreciate it.
I don't know if this needs to be spoilered, but super basic game mechanics:

Personas - the demons you summon. They are divided into families named after tarot Arcana (Chariot/Fool/Lovers/etc)
Confidants - allies in and out of the playable party who are linked to different Arcana, just like the demons. Spending time with them in the real world will increase the strength of the bond you share, which provides special perks including bonus experience when creating personas of that Arcana in the Velvet Room.

Each of the main character's personas have their own levels that determine stats and skills.
The main character himself has levels that determine HP, MP, and the maximum level of persona he can summon(determined by base level, before Confidant bonuses).
Your allies' levels are combined with their personas' - every level up increases all of the above, minus the summoning cap.

Opa-Pa

Ya to me it's just like. I'm arsene, but I'm also a fool. And I'm also a fool with igor. And I'm also leveling my main char. I haven't even gotten into other chars and fusing and it seems like I have 4 different titles lol.

Lmao I can imagine how confusing it must be.

Your character's arcana is the fool, Arsene is your main persona (they're like pokemon) and the bond you develop with Igor is one of your own arcana. Every confidant has one with their respective arcanas, but since it'd be weird to have a bond with yourself, they use Igor as he's the one who introduces you to your power.

Each persona has their own level independent from yours, but yours determines the max level of personas you can fuse.

Hikami

Reached the 3rd palace treasure in a day, real easy after you get the SP accessory.
Shiki Ouji is distressingly overpowered. Especially around the time you get him. If you have an SP Regen item you can grind in the dungeon forever. Just fight Oni who only have physical attacks and just skip turns as they kill your party, then clean up and revive all them when your SP maxes out.

Also this

Afterwards I did the stuff to initiate the Temperance social link, that was fun.
The Temperance confidant is amazing. I save right before doing it so I can pick the silly answers (and then reload to pick the ones that actually give points).

Blindy

Gotta backtrack and eat my words, you can buy revives from the aforementioned social link person. Awesome, very happy. For some reason I didn't see this.

Just didn't make sense that you could not buy revives early in the game when Recarm isn't a spell you get until later.

6/14:

kinda bugs me that
after getting screwed for being too loud in public about their thieving ways, they still meet in public to talk about said thieving ways

agathions maybe, one of them gave me a soul drop once, otherwise it's just junk
Does it ever become worthwhile?

This game makes me hate my Dualshock 4's battery life. I think I've charged it 8 times since Monday, not including overnight recharges.

MSMrRound

Aaaaaaaaarrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhh I fucking hate demon negotiation

There's actually tips on how best to go about negotiating with demons e.g Timid personality demons prefer kind answers, Upbeat personality type prefer joking answers etc. There's actually an article on Kotaku as well..

...and they actually mentioned it in game when you do your first demon negotiation..think a lot of people just skipped right over it

Opa-Pa

I understand it can be frustrating when you haven't grasped how it works yet, but demon negotiation is the feature I've been wanting back for the longest time and it's so good in P5. Even when it fails the dialogues are worth it lmao.

5/5
What'd you guys name the group?

MaskedCircle here.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I'm sure it's been said, but that battle synopsis animation is a work of art. One of the coolest things I've seen in a video game.

asagami_

Banned
I understand it can be frustrating when you haven't grasped how it works yet, but demon negotiation is the feature I've been wanting back for the longest time and it's so good in P5. Even when it fails the dialogues are worth it lmao.

MaskedCircle here.

I see what you did there :p

I still have to reach my first real battle, but sounds like P5 demon negotiation uses the personality aspect from P1&P2. Niceeeee.

There's actually tips on how best to go about negotiating with demons e.g Timid personality demons prefer kind answers, Upbeat personality type prefer joking answers etc. There's actually an article on Kotaku as well..

...and they actually mentioned it in game when you do your first demon negotiation..think a lot of people just skipped right over it

Yeah, I read it but like I posted previously sometimes it just doesn't do it? Like you'll answer right and it doesn't matter or it'll be like "say nice things to them" and every one is nice and it's like BLARGH

Really? I love it even when I fail 4 times in a row...

You got problems.

5/5
What'd you guys name the group?

YoRHa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom