• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Haha, dammit. Beat the first dungeons midboss easily but then got ambushed by Life Drainers, all because I was booking it back to the Save Room to bail out of the dungeon.

Phatmac

Whoever thought it was a good idea to add terrible stealth to a bad cover mechanic can go to hell. Stuck in the first dungeon trying to get the stupid key and having this terrible system kick me out is making me crazy. Guess I'll get the treasure some other day...

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Morgana > Teddie

In fact even early on I think the cast is much better than 4s

xxracerxx

So are the dungeons built for the early game to basically follow the day one beat midboss, day two get to the boss, day three beat the boss?

Pygrus

Whoever thought it was a good idea to add terrible stealth to a bad cover mechanic can go to hell. Stuck in the first dungeon trying to get the stupid key and having this terrible system kick me out is making me crazy. Guess I'll get the treasure some other day...

I dunno man, I didn't find the cover mechanic that annoying in the first dungeon. I think the key was just taking it slow.

Phatmac

I dunno man, I didn't find the cover mechanic that annoying in the first dungeon. I think the key was just taking it slow.
It's had me in open cover on multiple occasions. It's also a bad idea to have all of your actions dictated by the X button. Plus getting the second eye with sheath is crazy since the path to getting the real boss is narrow with two enemies next to you. I'm honestly hating the game right now. I'll just grind a bit since these enemies are brutal on normal.

xxracerxx

It's had me in open cover on multiple occasions. It's also a bad idea to have all of your actions dictated by the X button. Plus getting the second eye with sheath is crazy since the path to getting the real boss is narrow with two enemies next to you. I'm honestly hating the game right now. I'll just grind a bit since these enemies are brutal on normal.
I believe if you are in cover, even if they walk right up to you, you are in cover and cannot be seen.

LiK

Done with 2nd dungeon arc. Now some of you got me hyped for the 3rd one. Can't wait to hear the music people have been loving.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
is there any sound mechanic in the game, or to sneak up on enemies you just need to get to them with their backs turned? like, you dont have to slowly walk behind them right?

Phatmac

I believe if you are in cover, even if they walk right up to you, you are in cover and cannot be seen.
Right. It just seems like a terrible stealth system. I'm baffled by why they added this mechanic. The character and systems to letting you know when you're noticed by enemies is bad too.

Done with 2nd dungeon arc. Now some of you got me hyped for the 3rd one. Can't wait to hear the music people have been loving.
Make sure you have a persona that can do psi, frei and healing skills like media and diarama. And have a buttload of sp recovery items ready
is there any sound mechanic in the game, or to sneak up on enemies you just need to get to them with their backs turned? like, you dont have to slowly walk behind them right?
Nope just walk behind them, don't run though

FluxWaveZ

Morgana > Teddie

In fact even early on I think the cast is much better than 4s

I prefer the group of characters in P5 over P4's for sure. I like how, barring Ryuji and Ann (somewhat), they don't come off as idiots that need their leader to solve every obstacle that comes up, like the Investigation Team did. The members of the Phantom Thieves are each capable in their own way, and think about what they need to do next appropriately.

BBboy20

Can I read books anywhere else beside library and the random times I have a seat when on a train?

Take the burger challenge, you get guts everytime even if you fail. Doing it in evening is cheaper. You can also watch movies.
Wait, do I have to keep bonding with Sakura to get to Central Street at that time?

I just want to return a book to the library and rent a new one but Morgana won't let me because I'm supposed to talk to an NPC in there. Talking to the front desk to exchange books does not cause MC to start reading and it doesn't cause time to pass. >_< If Atlus does a survey about this game I'm going to list all this "you can't do this simple thing right now because I said so!" crap as something they need to cut out of their next games.

Shouta

I finally got here earlier today and $30 Italian Meal didn't fit (and no $ sign), so I named my team ItalianFoood.

Damn, no $ sign. I think I did 30&#12489;&#12523;&#12452;&#12479;&#12522;&#12450;&#12531;&#12513;&#12471; in JP because of the restrictions. Hurray for hiragana.

SoulUnison

Banned
[5/17 & 5/18 Discussion]

Did anyone else find it weird that, after the first major arc being about sexual abuses, Yusuke basically blackmails and railroads Ann - who was a victim of those abuses not even weeks earlier - into the idea of posing nude, which she is obviously against?

It's played in this weird way where it's sort of half joking, but all the characters go along with it pretty straightforwardly and it's just sort of accepted that Ann will model nude because Yusuke threatened to call the police. MC, Ryuji and Morgana immediately begin to frame it as "we'd better avoid this wacky hijink from happening" instead of "Ann is screaming 'NO' about this and that's really all that should have ever mattered."

Just... Felt kind of weird to me, and I'm not usually sensitive to this kind of thing at all.

Griss

I found an item in the store called protein that claims it improves efficiency at training, but I couldn't use it before I trained... anyone know what's up with that item?

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I just used the default squad name, ain't got no time for that!

I found an item in the store called protein that claims it improves efficiency at training, but I couldn't use it before I trained... anyone know what's up with that item?

Buy it and train in your room, you will get an option to drink it.

[5/17 & 5/18 Discussion]

Did anyone else find it weird that, after the first major arc being about sexual abuses, Yusuke basically blackmails and railroads Ann - who was a victim of those abuses not even weeks earlier - into the idea of posing nude, which she is obviously against?

It's played in this weird way where it's sort of half joking, but all the characters go along with it pretty straightforwardly and it's just sort of accepted that Ann will model nude because Yusuke threatened to call the police. MC, Ryuji and Morgana immediately begin to frame it as "we'd better avoid this wacky hijink from happening" instead of "Ann is screaming 'NO' about this and that's really all that should have ever mattered."

Just... Felt kind of weird to me, and I'm not usually sensitive to this kind of thing at all.

Maybe I missed something but what's actually holding her to posing for a nude picture? I got the impression that the scene you are talking about Ann could have said no and left but everyone was just so caught up in the situation.

I think the police calling on the boys was not leverage for the nude picture but a separate issue to further escalate the commotion.

KodaRuss

If I finish a dungeon early (first dungeon) do I lose the days I have left or can I use those for building confidants and other stuff.

SoulUnison

Banned
Maybe I missed something but what's actually holding her to posing for a nude picture? I got the impression that the scene you are talking about Ann could have said no but everyone was just so caught up in the situation.

Right, but to me it felt like she WAS saying "no" - often, and loudly - and everybody was just sort of ignoring her and accepting that this was a thing that was happening now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom