• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mendrox

Whoever thought it was a good idea to add terrible stealth to a bad cover mechanic can go to hell. Stuck in the first dungeon trying to get the stupid key and having this terrible system kick me out is making me crazy. Guess I'll get the treasure some other day...

I am always at low percentage without even using stealth. You can run to the enemy (not dash) and just press X when they are confused if someone is there. I would have to force the level up...

ok for real, second dungeon boss

WTF am I missing here? Impossible encounter?

Hmmm it seems like many have a problem with that boss. I was level 19 when I fought the boss. I just
used Rampage with Ryuji for the eyes and the nose and then killed the mouth with spells from everyone in the next round. Then I just debuffed him and fucked his shit up. I even used the black color on the ground for the third painting phase (needed to repeat this two times)

Opa-Pa

ok for real, second dungeon boss

WTF am I missing here? Impossible encounter?

A good strategy that worked for me on hard was
spamming AoE physical attacks to take out everything but the mouth and use Tarunda with Ann on it to negate the Tarukaja one of the eyes casts, then take care of the mouth with magic, also have Morgana casting media nearly every turn and maybe cast sukukaja with Yusuke on the most vulnerable teammates for good measure. In the next phase heal everyone and then hit Madarame with normal attacks until it triggers the next phase. Repeat until he's dead.

Squishy3

Post 4th dungeon spoilers:

How the hell do I get the identity of the guy that's attacking people in the underground mall? :/

Linkura

My miserly ways finally paid off; got the ranking needed to get the SP 3 accessory and can currently afford 2 of them. I only got one for now, but feels good man.

I actually managed to skip one of the 2nd dungeon bosses phases by hitting his open form with Lucky Punch crits after Rakunda-ing him to All-Out attack and outpace the damage.

And I think I was like level 17? Maybe. I forget

molnizzle

spamming AoE physical attacks to take out everything but the mouth and use Tarunda with Ann on it to negate the Tarukaja one of the eyes casts, then take care of the mouth with magic. In the next phase heal everyone and then hit Madarame with normal attacks until it triggers the next phase. Repeat until he's dead.

Whenever I attack the mouth I just heal it?

Seriously this is mind blowing. I've literally been at it for over 3 hours on normal, and I've spent a shitload of time grinding. What the FUCK is the deal here? I feel genuine hated in my heart for whoever designed this absolute garbage encounter.

LotusHD

Banned
Persona 5, also known as "I always need money" the game. First game I've played in a while where I just feel overwhelmed by all the shit I'd like to buy lol

Opa-Pa

I actually managed to skip one of the 2nd dungeon bosses phases by hitting his open form with Lucky Punch crits after Rakunda-ing him to All-Out attack and outpace the damage.

And I think I was like level 17? Maybe. I forget

Haha that's great. I wondered if it would work but I was doing pretty good and didn't want to screw up wasting turns.

Seriously this is mind blowing. I've literally been at it for over 3 hours on normal, and I've spent a shitload of time grinding. What the FUCK is the deal here? I feel genuine hated in my heart for whoever designed this absolute garbage encounter.

Haha that's the thing, I said attack him with magic when it's the only paet left because it's only vulnerable to magic,
as it drains physical attacks while it's the opposite for the other parts. It looked insane to me the first time too, but just stick to my suggestion and you should be fine.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
spamming AoE physical attacks to take out everything but the mouth and use Tarunda with Ann on it to negate the Tarukaja one of the eyes casts, then take care of the mouth with magic, also have Morgana casting media nearly every turn and maybe cast sukukaja with Yusuke on the most vulnerable teammates for good measure. In the next phase heal everyone and then hit Madarame with normal attacks until it triggers the next phase. Repeat until he's dead.

I used a very similar strategy.
the idea is to save the mouth for last so you don't care if you're healing it until all of the other parts are dead.

Mendrox

He is really not bad see above.

Is it possible to pass my first exams?

Yes you can easily reach knowledge level 2 in the time.

Damn, the online manual for P5 is really good. Everyone should check it out because there's a lot of useful info. Makes me wish there was a physical version. :/

Learned several things I didn't know, like Technical Attacks! Whoa. This definitely wasn't in P3...
042.jpg

Enemies can capture players? And online players can save them??

molnizzle

Haha that's the thing, I said attack him with magic when it's the only paet left because it's only vulnerable to magic,
as it drains physical attacks while it's the opposite for the other parts. It looked insane to me the first time too, but just stick to my suggestion and you should be fine.

How do you do AoE physical attacks? The only Persona I have that has one is Riuji's and it does absolute shit damage.

Opa-Pa

How do you do AoE physical attacks? The only Persona I have that has one is Riuji's and it does absolute shit damage.

I made a Shisaa that had a couple, such as Rampage, though I don't remember who he inherited them from. Yusuke learns one by the level he should be at at that point though, he's extremely useful in that fight.

FluxWaveZ

10/26:
A LOT of shit goes down this day regarding the identities of the Phantom Thieves. Feels like the beginning of a downfall.

molnizzle

I made a Shisaa that had a couple, such as Rampage, though I don't remember who he inherited them from. Yusuke learns one by the level he should be at at that point though, he's extremely useful in that fight.

Haven't been using Yusuke. Lamest fucking character ever.

Ugh.

Opa-Pa

I had been playing a lot of Yakuza before P5 came out and the obvious similarities due to the setting were amusing enough to me, but now (6/16)
I'm dealing with actual Yakuza and they dress similarly and all, this is great.

Hylian7

Am I just dumb or is there something I'm missing?

First dungeon:
I'm in the castle the time it finally lets you explore it freely after you get Ann. I got to the second floor in the main hall and there's the iron bars, ut I see the switch behind them. They're saying "Find another way", but I have yet to find any other way...I can't go in on the other side either...so what the hell am I missing? I combed the entire path up to here twice and didn't find anything.

Bladenic

Died cuz of an ambush ugh. Fuck this game. Not really but I'm done trying to reach the treasure on my first go in the first dungeon. Not worth the stress and hassle. No idea how other people do it, I've been out of SP for a while now.

RDreamer

Just jumped in to Mementos to do some requests and the first one I do has an enemy that completely drains my main character's SP. Goddammit...

Damn, the online manual for P5 is really good. Everyone should check it out because there's a lot of useful info. Makes me wish there was a physical version. :/

Learned several things I didn't know, like Technical Attacks! Whoa. This definitely wasn't in P3...

Enemies can capture players? And online players can save them??

This is rad, but as a graphic designer I can't get over the kerning issues all over that manual. Good god!

pixxxelz

First dungeon:
I'm in the castle the time it finally lets you explore it freely after you get Ann. I got to the second floor in the main hall and there's the iron bars, ut I see the switch behind them. They're saying "Find another way", but I have yet to find any other way...I can't go in on the other side either...so what the hell am I missing? I combed the entire path up to here twice and didn't find anything.
you have to use the chandeliers to get to the other side

LotusHD

Banned
Died cuz of an ambush ugh. Fuck this game. Not really but I'm done trying to reach the treasure on my first go in the first dungeon. Not worth the stress and hassle. No idea how other people do it, I've been out of SP for a while now.

The game encourages you to be comfortable with not trying to do it in one go, so you're all good there. I left and came back halfway in myself.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey

First dungeon:
Look for vents and stuff. I don't remember this dungeon anymore :/ but it wasn't that tough.

I took my time with the first dungeon, bought weapons and outfit from the airsoft store etc. The second dungeon was ridiculously easy. Also for reference, I was around lvl 11-12 on the 1st dungeon.

I had been playing a lot of Yakuza before P5 came out and the obvious similarities due to the setting were amusing enough to me, but now (6/16)
I'm dealing with actual Yakuza and they dress similarly and all, this is great.

Same, and also on 6/18 Or 19
when I showed up in shinjuku I was like "Kamurucho?"

deim0s

First dungeon:

start climbing and jumping.

DNAbro

I think I just noticed a cool cameo

7/17:
The music that plays during the romantic movie is from Persona 4 right? I want to make sure I'm not crazy.

EndMerit

June 9th, first time meeting
Goro Akechi
, and I totally noticed what you did damnit! You just earned your place at the top of my suspicious people-list.

About to enter the final battle at 132hrs

This game

tumblr_inline_nwa9t3b8nw1t8rena_500.gif

Don't know how you do it: it took me 2 months of playing it almost everyday at night to finally being able to beat the game. It's been only few days, unless you're one of the ones who got a copy early... still faster than me though.

Ferrio

Banned
I can already tell this game is going to piss me off everytime they make me miss a sunday juice day. I need my juice.

Currently on rank 3 for the Hierophant and it's not advancing at all. No matter what I always get 1 music note and the message "I don't think it will deepen soon" every time I spend time..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom