• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope. You need at least 2 or 3 days to clear a dungeon
by that I mean getting to the treasure and having to post a calling card and going into a dungeon the next day to defeat the boss
Between this and Morgana putting you to bed everytime a story event happens, Persona 5 seems to shorten the amount of time I can use to do my own thing. Limits my choices. Ah well. Makes more sense for the story.

Between this and Morgana putting you to bed everytime a story event happens, Persona 5 seems to shorten the amount of time I can use to do my own thing. Limits my choices. Ah well. Makes more sense for the story.

Makes sense, but it also sucks when you have a day that is essentially 'STORY EVENT' the day, and then in the evening you can't do shit because Morgana is just LOL NOPE I AM THE WARDEN MEOW MEOW FUCK YOU GO TO SLEEP MEOW MEOW

How do I easily increase well... everything lol

But namely Charm and Kindness.

On 5/10 atm
For Charm:
borrow a book from the library
later the reporter lady as well
Spend time with the politician on Sunday
Use the bath house on Mondays and Thursdays
Order a juice from the drinking stand on Sundays
For Gentleness:
spend time with angry caretaker
take care of the plant in your room with nutrients from the flower shop
work at the flower shop
one of drinks from the stand on Sunday

The thing about reading books is that sometimes you can read them while on your way to school on the train

I agree; it feels a lot more restrictive this time around and the fact
that the first time around Morgana only tells you later that you need an extra two days to clear a dungeon later is slowly making me hate him. Thanks a lot you stupid cat :mad:

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
I'm afraid to rent them now because of this, stupid cat never let me watch them anyways.

They waive the fee if you ever miss the date because of the story, there's no reason to worry about that.

Man, I feel like such a cock that I fall for Ann's stupid fucking battle pose. Every time I Baton Pass I kinda linger on her and am like "Fucking...stupid sexualization working on me, dammit"

Makes sense, but it also sucks when you have a day that is essentially 'STORY EVENT' the day, and then in the evening you can't do shit because Morgana is just LOL NOPE I AM THE WARDEN MEOW MEOW FUCK YOU GO TO SLEEP MEOW MEOW
I also heard
Rank 10 SL Reward Spoiler:
That one of the Rank 10 rewards basically lets you do stuff after doing dungeons at night. That's BS. Should have been the first reward you earned through Morgana or Igor.

So much wasted time that could be spent bathing and raising charm with old men :/
(Or raising other stats I guess)

How do I easily increase well... everything lol

But namely Charm and Kindness.

General parameter advice:
Get a plant and care for it at every opportunity (can be done once a week or so) for free kindness points.
Buy a drink from the drink stand in the station underpass every Sunday for an extra social parameter point each week. It's pretty pricey, but takes no time.
Some social links regularly give you social points at each rank, so it's best to avoid maxing one parameter too early, as you'll probably "lose" incidental points there later on. Once you've got a social link available (or temporarily capped) that requires that parameter to be maxed, that's your signal to put more time into that stat.
I focused on courage to rank 3 and then brought everything else up to that level afterwards, somewhat prioritizing kindness and appeal.
I almost never settled for activities that would just get two stat gains. You need to level everything eventually, so I still considered two points of knowledge and one point of courage to be better than two points of courage, even when "focusing" courage.
I spent a ton of time in the family restaurant, especially on rainy days. I only did part time jobs for unlock requirements, it's far better to just go into mementos and extort demons if you need money.

Effective parameter gains:

Courage
Early on ordering coffee at the family restaurant is a great option, as you'll need knowledge for exams too.
There's a DVD you can rent which was called "X Folder" in Japanese (might be different in English) which gives +2 courage twice. There are DVDs for all of them, but I mention this because it's helpful to get your courage to rank 3 early on.
The movie showing in April gives +3 and I think you can watch it a few times.
You can also study in the library, but it will often fail and just ordering coffee at the family restaurant tends to be better, especially when it's raining.
The book about Captain Kidd will give +3 when finished. Don't spend time on this, but do pick it up and read it if you have the chance on the train or something.
Late game the maid cafe is great for finishing off courage while also working on appeal.

Appeal
Appeal is one of the easiest stats to level, so you don't need to prioritize it until you're presented with stat gates.
You'll be getting a lot of it "free" through confidant rank up bonuses (Devil and Sun iirc), exam results, and (I think?) correct answers in class.
The bath house has special baths on Monday and Thursday that give three points of appeal.
The maid cafe (unlocked later) will give two points of appeal and one point of either kindness or courage.
The fruit tea in the family restaurant will level this, but you probably won't want to use that option over the others.

Kindness
As mentioned in the general tips, get a plant and care for it every chance. Lots of free points to be had here, and I didn't actually find out about this until the fall.
The Tower confidant gives +3 with each rank, iirc.
One of the family restaurant options will give +1 kindness. I think it's the "grandma burger" or something.
If you really need to level this up in a hurry, the flower shop job is probably the best method. It gives +2 with a chance of +3.
The maid cafe is also a great late game option, leveling this and appeal together.

Dexterity
You'll get this when you make tools, which you'll need anyway, making that a good option.
The beef bowl job gives +2 with a chance of +3, making it the fastest method to focus this.
The totem pole item at the family restaurant levels this, but it's not available until summer iirc.

Knowledge
Just go to the family restaurant. Especially on rainy days. +2 (3 when rainy) knowledge, and a point of something else.
Studying for midterms/finals will increase knowledge while also giving you a few social points with your party members. I only did that once or twice though, because I was never hurting for knowledge and placed a higher value on the free time.

I also heard
Rank 10 SL Reward Spoiler:
That one of the Rank 10 rewards basically lets you do stuff after doing dungeons at night. That's BS. Should have been the first reward you earned through Morgana or Igor.

So much wasted time that could be spent bathing and raising charm with old men :/
(Or raising other stats I guess)

That would be
Temperance rank 10 which allows you do spend tthhe evening after a dungeon run. Which is why this confidant must be maxed asap

My only problem with the stealth mechanic is that if you're taking cover behind a box, the enemy's patrol route will often not allow them to walk past you, so you're pretty much required to take them out instead of sneaking around them.

Some of the later dungeons also have too few cover spots in narrow corridors.

For Charm:
later the reporter lady as well
Spend time with the politician on Sunday
Use the bath house on Mondays and Thursdays
Order a juice from the drinking stand on Sundays
For Gentleness:
spend time with angry caretaker
take care of the plant in your room with nutrients from the flower shop
work at the flower shop
one of drinks from the stand on Sunday

The thing about reading books is that sometimes you can read them while on your way to school on the train

I agree; it feels a lot more restrictive this time around and the fact
that the first time around Morgana only tells you later that you need an extra two days to clear a dungeon later is slowly making me hate him. Thanks a lot you stupid cat :mad:
Veterns and newbies to the series have an equal chance of falling into that trap. What the hell Atlus? Just confirms that
Puppers > KittyKats
(Still lovin' Morgana tho)

Man, if you catch the Treasure Monster in every dungeon you can seriously just break the game.

"Time to fuse this guy with another Persona to give it EVERY SKILL THAT HAS EVER EXISTED"

Veterns and newbies to the series have an equal chance of falling into that trap. What the hell Atlus? Just confirms that
Puppers > KittyKats
(Still lovin' Morgana tho)
I've replayed 3 and 4 so many times even I got hit with this BS
though I managed to be ahead of that gamefaqs guide confidant rank wise
What's the song called for the Persona awakenings called?

So gooood.
I think it's called Willpower?

Morgana knows best.

To be fair it was exactly the same in Persona 3/4.YOU ARE TOO TIRED TO GO OUT, YOU BETTER GO TO SLEEP, despite all you were doing on that day day was sitting around in a food court and visit a shipping disctrict. Morgana is just a cuter and more adorable way to tell you, so it's still an improvement.

Recall

General parameter advice:
Get a plant and care for it at every opportunity (can be done once a week or so) for free kindness points.
Buy a drink from the drink stand in the station underpass every Sunday for an extra social parameter point each week. It's pretty pricey, but takes no time.
Some social links regularly give you social points at each rank, so it's best to avoid maxing one parameter too early, as you'll probably "lose" incidental points there later on. Once you've got a social link available (or temporarily capped) that requires that parameter to be maxed, that's your signal to put more time into that stat.
I focused on courage to rank 3 and then brought everything else up to that level afterwards, somewhat prioritizing kindness and appeal.
I almost never settled for activities that would just get two stat gains. You need to level everything eventually, so I still considered two points of knowledge and one point of courage to be better than two points of courage, even when "focusing" courage.
I spent a ton of time in the family restaurant, especially on rainy days. I only did part time jobs for unlock requirements, it's far better to just go into mementos and extort demons if you need money.

Effective parameter gains:

Courage
Early on ordering coffee at the family restaurant is a great option, as you'll need knowledge for exams too.
There's a DVD you can rent which was called "X Folder" in Japanese (might be different in English) which gives +2 courage twice. There are DVDs for all of them, but I mention this because it's helpful to get your courage to rank 3 early on.
The movie showing in April gives +3 and I think you can watch it a few times.
You can also study in the library, but it will often fail and just ordering coffee at the family restaurant tends to be better, especially when it's raining.
The book about Captain Kidd will give +3 when finished. Don't spend time on this, but do pick it up and read it if you have the chance on the train or something.
Late game the maid cafe is great for finishing off courage while also working on appeal.

Appeal
Appeal is one of the easiest stats to level, so you don't need to prioritize it until you're presented with stat gates.
You'll be getting a lot of it "free" through confidant rank up bonuses (Devil and Sun iirc), exam results, and (I think?) correct answers in class.
The bath house has special baths on Monday and Thursday that give three points of appeal.
The maid cafe (unlocked later) will give two points of appeal and one point of either kindness or courage.
The fruit tea in the family restaurant will level this, but you probably won't want to use that option over the others.

Kindness
As mentioned in the general tips, get a plant and care for it every chance. Lots of free points to be had here, and I didn't actually find out about this until the fall.
The Tower confidant gives +3 with each rank, iirc.
One of the family restaurant options will give +1 kindness. I think it's the "grandma burger" or something.
If you really need to level this up in a hurry, the flower shop job is probably the best method. It gives +2 with a chance of +3.
The maid cafe is also a great late game option, leveling this and appeal together.

Dexterity
You'll get this when you make tools, which you'll need anyway, making that a good option.
The beef bowl job gives +2 with a chance of +3, making it the fastest method to focus this.
The totem pole item at the family restaurant levels this, but it's not available until summer iirc.

Knowledge
Just go to the family restaurant. Especially on rainy days. +2 (3 when rainy) knowledge, and a point of something else.
Studying for midterms/finals will increase knowledge while also giving you a few social points with your party members. I only did that once or twice though, because I was never hurting for knowledge and placed a higher value on the free time.

This is all great advice except as a player how on earth am I supposed to know this and be able to see my options without resorting to to guides?

I get the feeling if I don't read a guide now about min/maxing my time I'm going to be punished later!

ckohler

I see why people are really impressed by the dungeons for this game, quite varied from one another.

I just came to post the same thing. I'm at the end of the second dungeon and it has so many unique gameplay things compaired to the first. I knew they would vary, but not this much! Very cool!

Freeman76

I thought it would eventually open up and stop restricting me all the time but im starting to lose hope that thats the case. This cat is gonna end my game lol.

Holy crap it's taking forever to get into the 3rd dungeon. I feel like I'm going to run out of time before the deadline even hits. :/

6/19
Wow Sae is kind of a bitch. She basically ignores that her sister is troubled, pushes a bunch of expectations on her, then dumps that rant on her as well. Poor Makoto.

Seconding these recs. Well, DDS and SMT4 anyway. I haven't actually played much more than an hour or so of Devil Survivor. I definitely need to at some point.

P5 is really making me want a full on DDS remaster for PS4. Man I hope they do that.

Devil Survivor (1 at least, haven't played 2 yet) is SO GOOD. It's a perfect balance of classic SMT with Persona elements (specifically time management) with a really awesome story.

5/5
What'd you guys name the group?

Tantalus

I legit don't get these complaints. The game is built and balanced around this stuff.

ckohler

I thought it would eventually open up and stop restricting me all the time but im starting to lose hope that thats the case. This cat is gonna end my game lol.
Heh, people are really bent out of shape over that. I guess I'm used to it from playing P4. While it doesn't bother me, here's a recommendation for the next thread title:

Persona 5 |OT2| Got To Bed, Inmate!

God, May is really killing me. Really no time to breathe lol glad when they showed the deadline I saw that it gives you quite a bit of downtime.

Opa-Pa

Makoto hasn't even joined me today and I already see she's the only character who seems to get as much shit from everyone as the MC. Poor girl.

She's the only character whose concept I've dug since her reveal too, so I'm looking forward to her awakening.

FluxWaveZ

Heh, people are really what out of shape over this. I guess I'm used to it from playing P4. While it doesn't bother me, here's a recommendation for the next thread title:

Persona 5 |OT2| Got To Bed, Inmate!

To be fair, I feel that Persona 5 restricts your time more than Persona 4 did when you're in the "story" loop instead of the "(post) story dungeon with a deadline" loop. I don't mind it too much, but they're putting more emphasis on removing the amount of free time you can use during those periods to emphasize a more elaborate story, with more events.

Should I be going to palaces as soon as they unlock, or should I be using that time to strengthen relationships and then trying to clear the palace on the very last day before the deadline?

Zolo

About to fight the first boss. Got everyone to lvl 11 since I saw Morgana got media, and Ann got Tarunda which are both useful skills for bosses.

Should I be going to palaces as soon as they unlock, or should I be using that time to strengthen relationships and then trying to clear the palace on the very last day before the deadline?

Do the palace early. They are pretty elaborate and you will likely need several days unless you have lots of SP restoratives.

You don't lose anything by doing it early. Get the palace done and then just enjoy the free time until the next story event.

Do not wait until the last day because dungeons in this game take about 3 - 4 days total. But you can still SL inbetween days. Just manage a bit wisely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom