• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ostinatto

When the game says " I don't think my bond with XXX will deepen just yet " means i have to wait another day to level up with this character?

Xeteh

When the game says " I don't think my bond with XXX will deepen just yet " means i have to wait another day to level up with this character?

No, it means when you hang out with them this time you won't advance to a new rank with them. You still gain towards the next one, each one of those musical notes that pops up over them is one more point towards the next rank.

No you still have to spend time with them or get invited to a hangout event
sometimes you can level up two confidants at once i.e Temperance and Chariot

silva1991

Need help

11/20 spoiler

Do Sae's questions have anything to do with different endings? I don't wanna make a huge mistake here.

MSMrRound

No, it means your cooperation points with said character isn't quite enough. You can choose to hang out with the said person to raise some affection points or via some other activities e.g studying with a party member can boost both intelligence and affection points towards said member.

In the later half of the game there are also other options e.g LATER HALF OF GAME CO-OP POINTS SPOILER
Fortune unlocks a function where you can pay 5k yen to increase affection points (and this option doesn't take up time so it's really good) or you can also visit the shrine to pray for a affection boost with said person if you can't meet up with them on that particular day (will use up a time slot, use only if you are desperate)

Of course if you are hanging out or going for a rank advancement with confidants, do rmb to equip Personas of the same arcana to get a boost to the amount of points that you can get.

Ostinatto

No, it means when you hang out with them this time you won't advance to a new rank with them. You still gain towards the next one, each one of those musical notes that pops up over them is one more point towards the next rank.

I should try another day then?
that message will always appear if i don't do nothing with that character?

TP

Fuck all of you, Morgana knows what's best for you.

I noticed for the first time today that morgana peeks over your shoulder when you save

This has convinced me that Morgana is actually the main character and the character we control is just some soulless puppet

yes, it all makes sense now

Yup, standard for all the bonds. Except for Hierophant (which the never tells you) [SL Time Spoiler]
After achieving Rank 3, you must wait till August to advance it. Yet you can still hangout with him. At no benefit to you.
Edit: I mean you have to hang out with them still until you get the "I feel like my bond will deepen with XXX next time". Sorry.
If Morgana doesn't stop LYING to me about how tired I am...
He knows you better than you know yourself.
Thanks. I'm on 5/6 so I just heard about the burger thing and will be able to try it soon, I'll go see a movie for now and take care of my plants.I'm not looking for a 100% play through, but eh, I hat having a bunch half assed S.links all over. I'd rather max fewer in one playthrough than open a bunch and not get them done

THE MOVIE OMG
The Cake Knight Rises
everything about this is perfect
I know the feeling. Had some during my second run of Golden cause I decided to waste time doing stuff like fishing and grinding. Rather experience them all new you know?

And yeah the films
are fucking amazing. The localization team did well here.
I laughed my ass off. Morgana commenting after was great.

Xeteh

I should try another day then?
that message will always appear if i don't do nothing with that character?

If you do nothing else with them that will boost it then yeah, it won't advance. If its a character you want to progress with then yeah spend some time. Also make sure you're carrying a persona of the same arcana when you hang out with them, you get increased points.

Zolo

Just beat Kamoshida. Was fairly easy since I had Ann as a debuffer and Morgana with media. Was still pretty enjoyable.

CmdBash

Enjoying the game a lot so far, love the style but I feel like the border around your screen when you're in dungeons needs to be much smaller or non-existent.

GReeeeN

Question about dungeons and timings.

So I'm pretty much near the end of the first dungeon and the deadline is 4 May. I'm currently at 18 March which is essentially the first day it allows you to enter the dungeon freely

Is it bad if i finish this dungeon on the first attempt/ first day? or should I be spacing out every single day leading to Mat 4 to be leveling up my confidents/ getting job etc??

If I finish the dungeon in a single day or even 1-3 days, does the time automatically go to May 4th when complete?. Just want know if I should be leaving the dungeon as much as possible to level up as I have like 20+ days till the deadline.

Thanks

Question about dungeons and timings.

So I'm pretty much near the end of the first dungeon and the deadline is 4 May. I'm currently at 18 March which is essentially the first day it allows you to enter the dungeon freely

Is it bad if i finish this dungeon on the first attempt/ first day? or should I be spacing out every single day leading to Mat 4 to be leveling up my confidents/ getting job etc??

If I finish the dungeon in a single day or even 1-3 days, does the time automatically go to May 4th when complete?. Just want know if I should be leaving the dungeon as much as possible to level up as I have like 20+ days till the deadline.

Thanks

No, you can (and probably should) finish the dungeon as soon as you're able. You don't lose any time, and can focus on confidants and raising skills with no interruptions after that.

It's easy to say persona had amazing style but 5 does something I feel like no other game in the series did, the script feels like that style. I'm not far in but tone wise the misfit vibe works perfectly for this story. If p3 was a smt game with weird school elements and style, and p4 was trying to stop a mass murderer with fuzzy friendships, p5 is the story of society rejects returning hope. It's fun, it's dark, this game so far is fucking brilliant.

Also weird complement but I love how the ost is kinda down played. Subtle is the word I want to use. Other then the combat and the opening song most are smooth, relaxing sounds.

Just beat the game ( took me two weeks ) it was quite the journey. I'm sure you guys will be satisfied, take your time and enjoy the ride.

Best MC in the series.

Also: Morgana >>>>>>>>>>>> Teddie

Opa-Pa

It took 6 games, but we finally have the cast of a Persona game addressing their personas as something more than tools, and even commenting on their appearances.

And I'm quite pleased that includes them wishing their personas were motorcycles too!

Maybe in Persona 10 they'll even talk to them more than once... The voiced lines for each are definitely nice though.

Yeah this game is pretty goddamn awesome. I'm connecting with the characters on a level that only Gravity Rush has allowed for me this year. Definitely fighting it out with Zelda for 2nd best game of 2017. Loving every second.

My only real complaint is that holy moly does the fucking cover system suck ass.

Sarek

Do you get bonus for having eg. Chariot persona when hanging out with Ryoji like in the previous games? And does that persona needed to be the active one?

Just beat the game ( took me two weeks ) it was quite the journey. I'm sure you guys will be satisfied, take your time and enjoy the ride.

Best MC in the series.

Also: Morgana >>>>>>>>>>>> Teddie

Congrats man will you be doing a ng+?

Also
who did you choose to spend your Christmas Eve with?

Also true that Morgana>>>>>>>>>Teddie

Congrats man will you be doing a ng+?

Also
who did you choose to spend your Christmas Eve with?

Also true that Morgana>>>>>>>>>Teddie

NG+? Few months down the road so it can feel fresh, besides I missed a lot of stuff like the iconic
Reaper
enemy.

And to answer your question no one lol I wasn't paying attention to the choices its 3am so my mind was on autopilot.

Xeteh

This is my first persona game. I am at 4/15 and I SUUUUUUCK at hold ups. How do I convince them to join me?

If you open up the main menu, go to tutorial and look for Shadow Personalities under Battle it tells you how to respond to each personality.

Edit: Remembered I wrote it out earlier

Upbeat:
Like Joking answers
Dislike serious or vague answers

Timid:
Like kind answers
Dislike vague or joking answers

Irritable:
Like serious answers
Dislike vague or kind answers

Gloomy:
Like vague answers
Dislike serious or joking answers

If you forget just go in to the tutorial under the menu, scroll down to Shadow Personalities under Battle.

Frimaire

It's kinda weird seeing so many people having trouble with negations.
The last SMT game I played before this was IV:A and comparatively these seem extremely lax.
I don't even think I've been refused once so far, maybe they just become easier once you're experienced with how they work...

But P3P FeMC, doe.
Canon MC's ;P
At least Teddie didn't send me to bed early without supper. ;~;
It's still true though.
Facts
Well I've only played 8 hours so far and really like Morgana (was very sceptical bearfore release), but it will take a lot to be better than Teddie. Teddie is love. Teddie is life.

bearpun-noscale.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom