• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Palace 3 down.

The enemies in there posed a greater threat to me than the boss did. I was never in any trouble during the boss fight, but I got into a couple of close calls with normal mooks.

What happens when you throw the expensive item down at his feet when he's rolling the pig at you?

Walking around with Morgana is really nice and I appreciate the commentary. :)

I like it too.

Xeteh

Palace 3 down.

The enemies in there posed a greater threat to me than the boss did. I was never in any trouble during the boss fight, but I got into a couple of close calls with normal mooks.

What happens when you throw the expensive item down at his feet when he's rolling the pig at you?

I don't even know how expensive it was but he fixates on it and has his robot suck it up... then he spends a few turns going on about how rich it'll make him while doing nothing and letting you beat on him. Not sure how many turns he does it for since I killed it before it stopped but it is at least two.

Is there a way to do several requests in Mementos all at once? I've only done two so far and my teammates keep asking me about doing the only one I currently have but I don't want to waste a day just for a single request.

Is there a way to do several requests in Mementos all at once? I've only done two so far and my teammates keep asking me about doing the only one I currently have but I don't want to waste a day just for a single request.

When I go into Mementos all of the current requests are active. I dunno, do you do the view request option before going in? Not sure if that makes a difference

I don't even know how expensive it was but he fixates on it and has his robot suck it up... then he spends a few turns going on about how rich it'll make him while doing nothing and letting you beat on him. Not sure how many turns he does it for since I killed it before it stopped but it is at least two.

Oh, okay.

At one point, Ann offered to throw down my one Soma, but I wasn't taking any chances. A Balm of Life didn't work, so I was just like, "Fuck it," and just beat him normally.

Cool thing I found about the Death arcane S Link (level 1) :

The fact that it is a doctor that is the Death arcane is funny, but see how all the Tarot cards have their name in French (Le bateleur, les amoureux, etc) except for that one ?
It's because in French tarot that card is not named ("La carte sans nom"). I find this to be a cool touch.

massoluk

Banned
Palace 3 down.

I like it too.

Kinda cheese it out with Tatafutoo(sp?) and
Yusuke
's Mind Slice. Got a few close call though. Made a ton of cash from confused demons

Edit: oh wait, that's 4th palace

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Why can't we see the turn list? The guard function is totally useless right now or maybe someone can tell me how to effectively use it?

Is there any reason you guys keep saying Persona 5 Crimson for the eventual update? Just curious

Persona 4's theme color was yellow, the updated port was subtitled Golden. Persona 5's theme color is red and people think Crimson sounds good so there you have it.

Why can't we see the turn list? The guard function is totally useless right now or maybe someone can tell me how to effectively use it?

Yeah, I dislike only being able to see one move ahead. Anyway, guarding is a good idea if the game points out the enemy is doing something weird on their turn, or if they use some kind of charge/powerup move. I've mostly used it for bosses, I haven't noticed if it does anything nifty like prevent hits against weaknesses while it's being used.

It's just the fucking best, isn't it?

I think I'm pulling an all nighter tonight. I don't want to stop playing.

I've pulled all nighters the past 3 nights, someone send help.

So I was planning doing all social links within one playtrough and used gamefaqs walktrough. After some time I started to wonder why I can't hit the social link levels the walktrough does despite doing everything in it and realized that you can give gifts during the days the social link doesn't level up and having same kind of persona with you as the social link gives you extra points (I mean this was probably case in persona 4 too but it's ages since I played it lol). I guess I am screwed. Well now I just have to prioritize what links I want to develop completely.....

duckroll

It's just the fucking best, isn't it?

I think I'm pulling an all nighter tonight. I don't want to stop playing.

I didn't play more since the 2 hours from when I first got the game the other day.

I was going to play more last night, but I was tired and I watched an episode of The Get Down and fell asleep after that. Woke up early today, was going to play. Kept putting it off because of various things - had to poop, had to shower, had to get breakfast, etc. Then, after everything I was totally going to play more. But then I said, I'll lie in bed and do a couple of shrines in Zelda first. Ended up getting lost on some grand mini-adventure that took much longer than I expected. Got hungry. Went out for lunch. Came back. Okay. I said I wil DEFINITELY play more Persona now. Started.

5 hours later. Putting it off didn't make it any worse at all. This is pure style. Pure love. Pure Atlus.

Philippo

Man the dungeons and the build up in this one are much longer than P4, i feel like i literally spent a week going in and out. This is like proper anime story arcs.
I feel like everytime i leave a Palace im as tired as the characters.

Are the Personas that you capture auto registered?

Do Mementos have deadlines? Don't want to waste a day just for 1 request.

Yes, even if you release them due to full inventory.
No, but you may be blocked from developing the Moon confidant until you complete certain ones. Still, it's usually better to let a few accumulate.

NZerker12

"YOU WILL NEVER SEE ME COMING"

I love the battle theme in this game.

This is my first Persona game and I am really loving it,
just finished going into mementos

Is it me or is nearly every person who isn't with the MC a complete and utter wanker.

Yeah, it's a bit of a leap of logic to push the game's point, but that's kind of how these games are.

Persona has always been more than the sum of its parts. You just have to kind of glaze over some of the bad stuff. There's so much good stuff in there if you can.

i know.. i know... i will not stop playing just because of this. i mean the initial premise and setting of TMS was even stranger

BBboy20

realized that you can give gifts during the days the social link doesn't level up and having same kind of persona with you as the social link gives you extra points (I mean this was probably case in persona 4 too but it's ages since I played it lol). I guess I am screwed. Well now I just have to prioritize what links I want to develop completely.....
I noticed the gift descrpition in some items but so far no visual hints.

I ended up buying two Personas just for Tai and Sojiro. Balancing out arcanas for boosted social links and abilities to be your own elemental team is going to be hard. Perhaps I should throw away my "Catch 'Em All" habit.

Delio

Palace 3 down.

This was me. Lot of the random mooks caught me slipping and almost killed me. But the boss? I had a Null Phys Demon on so he didnt do anything to me.

Jb

7/24:
Oh man the way you first meet Futaba has to be the best introduction of a new party member in any Persona game.
I legit laughed out loud.

Walking around with Morgana is really nice and I appreciate the commentary. :)

Yeah, I really like having Morgana around. It makes the game feel a little less lonely than 3/4 at times. Although I wish that little furball would quit telling me to go to bed. I want to watch tv! I'm in dungeon 2 and almost dreading opening up more confidants, because I'm already feeling the scheduling crunch....

Neoweee

So, I bumped Merciless down for the Palace 1, then bumped it back up. It gets better/easier as you get a bit in, but I'm going back down to Hard.

Jintor

Yusuke's VA is legit, yo. You could never find a full replacement for Tomokazu Sugita but they did pretty damn good.

Merkunt

Had no trouble whatsoever with Palace 3 on hard mode, Oni's are really susceptible to mental effects, so I just charmed them and used Leanan Sidhe's Psio. Matador's Swift Strike is a godsend to the point I fused a Sui-Ki with it and Psi.

Edit: Queen's da best yo

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
That feeling when you want to go out on the town but your fucking cat won't let you.
@@@@!?! Gets on my nerves. PLEASE LET ME EXPLORE.

Yeah, I dislike only being able to see one move ahead. Anyway, guarding is a good idea if the game points out the enemy is doing something weird on their turn, or if they use some kind of charge/powerup move. I've mostly used it for bosses, I haven't noticed if it does anything nifty like prevent hits against weaknesses while it's being used.
I use guard on the main char sometimes when I sense a game over move.

anddo0

About to finish the first dungeon.. Question about a closed off area.

The location in question is
Kamoshida's Castle: Central Hall, where you have to climb on the chandelier..

Is it possible to open the gates, am I missing anything in that area?

Palace 3 down.

WAIT WAIT WAIT

Palace 3 boss fight:
What expensive item? I went through the whole fight legit 0_o ?!

Kinsei

Banned
I finished the first palace! The boss was pretty easy but it was fun.

I'm on central street so I guess I should return this DVD since I finished it.

"You have no time for distractions"

WAIT WAIT WAIT

Palace 3 boss fight:
What expensive item? I went through the whole fight legit 0_o ?!

Later in the fight you can distract the boss with expensive items like chewing soul, balm of life,etc so you can wail on him for a few turns. Personally I didn't do it cause he was close to death

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom