• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
So, when an attack says it will do 1-3 hits, are you supposed to see each hit individually? I was using Rampage on the second boss and I only saw one damage value pop up each time. Is that how it should be or was I just super unlucky?

Later in the fight you can distract the boss with expensive items like chewing soul, balm of life,etc so you can wail on him for a few turns. Personally I didn't do it cause he was close to death

Palace 3 boss fight:
Oh because the only 'unique' thing I saw in that fight was the second time he came out of the piggytron to start rolling, and I had my team nuke him to knock him off.

Matsukaze

So, when an attack says it will do 1-3 hits, are you supposed to see each hit individually? I was using Rampage on the second boss and I only saw one damage value pop up each time. Is that how it should be or was I just super unlucky?
Unlucky. Each successful hit registers independently.

Ydelnae

Early June spoilers:
You can see Makoto spying on you when you go to Shibuya. She will hide behind a magazine and walk among other NPCs

Soriku

About to finish the first dungeon.. Question about a closed off area.

The location in question is
Kamoshida's Castle: Central Hall, where you have to climb on the chandelier..

Is it possible to open the gates, am I missing anything in that area?

There's a shortcut towards the end through a painting which takes you around to the other side to pull the lever

SephiZack

I updated my money farming video (now step by step guide, and up to 170k per enemy turn depending on your Luck stat and the boss)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDI26iyW_Vg

TL;DW version
Get Onmoraki (Onion Chicken persona) to level 15 to learn Confusion Boost + Pulinpa.
Fuse Onmoraki onto a Persona of your choice (Higher luck is better, as it gives more money. You don't necessarily need a strong persona as you can farm in easy difficulty, but if you want then fuse into a persona that resists whatever you want and inherit Confusion Boost + Pulinpa
Level up the resulting persona through Gallows Fusion using the highest level Gem persona you can summon as fodder.
After each Gallows Fusion, you have to register the persona, delete it (itemization or fodder) and then resummon it again (the game doesn't let you strengthen a single persona more than once)
After you finish all your money, wait until you have like 3 memento requests (not all memento bosses can be confused), change your difficulty to easy, equip a SP regen accessory if you have it and remove everyone apart from protagonist from your party (turns go faster this way)
Find the memento boss and confuse it, then keep guarding until you have to confuse again. The boss will start throwing money at you (or items or nothing) based on your Luck. You shouldn't take a lot of damage and can keep doing it while doing other stuff (Triangle then Cross to confuse, Circle then Cross to guard).

13 hours in and still doing the first Palace. Man, they really did a superb job with dungeons in this one.
I agree and I like them more than in 4. I wish they involved more exploration however, and didn't rely on Detective Vision and the crappy stealth as much. I also dont get why they look so poor, graphically.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
(Early game spoilers)

Hey guys, in case you didn't know,
you'll never see it coming

What's the fastest way to have affordable SP replenishment in the game? Passive skills, medicine, confidant skill, or whatever lol

SP is my main problem in the first dungeon :/

Mishima, where are you ? I need to do your social link!

Shibuya Central Street at night is where I see him most of the time.

What's the fastest way to have affordable SP replenishment in the game? Passive skills, medicine, confidant skill, or whatever lol

The vending machines across from Leblanc sell 5 sp regen sodas for 100 yen, you can buy a few of those at a time and stock a little safety net that way.

The Heirophant confidant teaches you how to make coffee, which restores 30 sp. It takes time to make, though. If you also get the Temperance confidant to level 3 you get a skill that lets her make coffee for you for 5000 yen certain nights, without using a time slot.

Death confidant at level 4 or 5 (forget which) starts selling SP regen items (the tiers are 3, 5, and 7 sp recovered per turn). They're pricey but after the second dungeon I had enough to splurge on the most expensive one.

I'm only up to the 3rd dungeon, but that's about all I've found so far.

nOoblet16

Palace 3 boss fight:
Oh because the only 'unique' thing I saw in that fight was the second time he came out of the piggytron to start rolling, and I had my team nuke him to knock him off.

Later in the fight you can distract the boss with expensive items like chewing soul, balm of life,etc so you can wail on him for a few turns. Personally I didn't do it cause he was close to death
Palace 3 boss fight was disappointing for me, so easy that I did it in one try.

I just hit the dude when he came out and for the next phase I threw the object and he was no threat at all.

nOoblet16

SP is my main problem in the first dungeon :/
Game has very limited ways to replinishmentability SP. The only thing you can do is use rather a rare items (you get them as random drops) that only replinish 30SP per characters, or buy an expensive accessory that costs 100,000 (50,000 if you reach confidant level 7 with thr seller) that lets you replinish 7SP per turn. Outside of these two you really can't do anything else.

It's intentional so that you go back to the real world when your SP runs out and come back the next day with it fully replenished. I don't really like it but that's the way it's meant to be. You can also train at the gym to increase your max SP (Gym unlocks at confidant level 5 for Ryuji I think)

I agree and I like them more than in 4. I wish they involved more exploration however, and didn't rely on Detective Vision and the crappy stealth as much. I also dont get why they look so poor, graphically.
Because it's a PS3 game and is using ancient rendering technology even by PS3 standards.

For some reason Persona games are always super dated visually and they are at least a generation behind other games by default because of them being in last gen consoles as well. It was the same with Persona 3 and 4 that came out during PS3 days but were on PS2 too despite the fact that the PS2 was several years past its prime and the games were still middle of the road PS2 game in terms of rendering tech.

HMD

I'm done with the third palace but I have yet to find the rank 3 requirement for the twins
The persona is called far-something and I haven't encountered it once. Is that normal?

Game has very limited ways to replinishmentability SP. The only thing you can do is use rather a rare items (you get them as random drops) that only replinish 30SP per characters, or buy an expensive accessory that costs 100,000 (50,000 if you reach confidant level 7 with thr seller) that lets you replinish 7SP per turn. Outside of these two you really can't do anything else.

It's intentional so that you go back to the real world when your SP runs out and come back the next day with it fully replenished. I don't really like it but that's the way it's meant to be. You can also train at the gym to increase your max SP (Gym unlocks at confidant level 5 for Ryuji I think)

Because it's a PS3 game and is using ancient rendering technology even by PS3 standards.

For some reason Persona games are always super dated visually and they are at least a generation behind other games by default because of them being in last gen consoles as well. It was the same with Persona 3 and 4 that came out during PS3 days but were on PS2 too despite the fact that the PS2 was several years past its prime and the games were still middle of the road PS2 game in terms of rendering tech.

Thanks!

Can you afford to only use 4 main party members, or do you need to switch them up later? I only used 3 party members for the entire game in P3/P4, but if SP is already really scarce in the first dungeon I don't think I can pull it off again here :/

Thanks. I guess It wasn't as jarring with p4g because it was on the vita. I was kind of hoping they would boost it a bit like Yakuza 0 or EDF

MSMrRound

Thanks!

Can you afford to only use 4 main party members, or do you need to switch them up later?

Your own preference. You can always switch out party members in safe rooms. The
Star
confidant unlocks
in battle switching, e.g you can get MC to switch to another party member
as you progress up the ranks.

5/19.

Thieves guild says average level is 15...im 12 lol.

We're people able to do the 2nd palace in just 2 visits?

Dungeon 2 keeps throwing you out due to plot reasons. It's doable, but you have to sneak your way around/rely on physical attacks more.

If you are low on level you can try looking for a Persona with the "Snap" attack, which is a gun type move since plenty of enemies in Dungeon 2 are kinda weak to it
especially the annoying Moon arcana demons that might cast Mudo on you

Jintor

So even though most of the time morgana locks you out of shit, you can still make infiltration tools before a heist

Charles

Silly question guys, can anyone tell me where to find the convenience store? I've looked up and down Shibuya central Street but the isn't anything here.

(4th dungeon)
Futaba's dungeon has been the high point of the game to me, so far. Starts off like JoJo part 3, and the way they implemented her touching backstory with the dungeon design made its impact more meaningful. That enemy that can one-shot the party was horseshit though.
At this point, at around July/August, I don't really feel very railroaded, because I got used to it, and they really give you a lot of free time if you finish dungeons early.

I'm greatly enjoying Iwai's S Link. Dude's so shady and badass.

Salaadin

Trying to grasp this mementos stuff. New target acquired, ID'd, and I'm at the hideout trying to activate it so i can go into mementos and do it. There's no option though.

Do i just select "explore mementos" and will the target just be there?

I've mostly used it for bosses, I haven't noticed if it does anything nifty like prevent hits against weaknesses while it's being used.

Yes, it will guard against weaknesses.

i know.. i know... i will not stop playing just because of this. i mean the initial premise and setting of TMS was even stranger

There is a bit more to it than that. First hours spoilers
the person the MC assaulted has a lot of political power and were able to totally avoid getting in trouble for sexual assault and instead put the blame on the MC.

They weren't on PS2 too. They were on PS2 only. There was no dual release for P3 and P4. While they have since been released on PS2 classics for PS3 there has never been a true port or remaster release for PS3 for either game.

Jintor

wow jesus.

i got the general gist of things on my jpn playthrough but wow so many of these targets are even scummier than i imagined. holy shit

NSESN

Started playing yesterday, I didn't like the soundtrack of Persona 4 that much, outside of few tracks that I loved like Shin Mitsuo Tensei/I will face myself. But Persona 5 soundtrack did a great first impression on me.

[5/17 & 5/18 Discussion]

Did anyone else find it weird that, after the first major arc being about sexual abuses, Yusuke basically blackmails and railroads Ann - who was a victim of those abuses not even weeks earlier - into the idea of posing nude, which she is obviously against?

It's played in this weird way where it's sort of half joking, but all the characters go along with it pretty straightforwardly and it's just sort of accepted that Ann will model nude because Yusuke threatened to call the police. MC, Ryuji and Morgana immediately begin to frame it as "we'd better avoid this wacky hijink from happening" instead of "Ann is screaming 'NO' about this and that's really all that should have ever mattered."

Just... Felt kind of weird to me, and I'm not usually sensitive to this kind of thing at all.

Yeah, the second chapter of the game is really tactless for no good reason other than because anime. It genuinely hurts the overall story and characters quite a bit in my opinion. I'm sure it will recover from there but then there's more problematic stuff like (Temperance Confidant character spoiler:)
"Becky" being your teacher forced into prostitution for her sick sister, who drops all the established elements of her character to call you master and act like a loving ditz is such fetishistic pandering it honestly makes me kind of sick.

STILL LOVING THIS GAME THOUGH.

Send help. The only thing that's making me stop playing this game is work. I kinda wanted to replay Bloodborne and start Yakuza 0 or Nioh but I know that this game will take forever to finish (not that this is a bad thing anyway). Just completed the second dungeon and I'm really enjoying it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom