• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ydelnae

I haven't had any problem completing any of the first two dungeons in a single visit (when they stop throwing you in and out) with Normal difficulty. I barely use skills with Ryuji and Ann, which are in charge of healing.

I haven't had any problem completing any of the first two dungeons in a single visit (when they stop throwing you in and out) with Normal difficulty. I barely use skills with Ryuji and Ann, which are in charge of healing.

Hmm. Did you fight every shadow? How do you conserve your SP?

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
DVD 28 days late return fee - 33600 yen. Are you kidding me???

Edit: Oh he waived it, thank the lord. Will never miss the return date again!

Ydelnae

Hmm. Did you fight every shadow? How do you conserve your SP?

Yes, I even got out of my way to fight more shadows in order to obtain Personae that I missed. I just try to ambush every enemy and not waste SP with enemies that I don't know their weaknesses (when an enemy throws a Bufu spell at you I try hitting them back with an Agi spell).

I ran out of SP in the first dungeon when I reached the
Tower
but had enough ammo so I pulled through. During the first dungeon, I didn't use any spell with Ryuji because enemies were rarely weak to Zio, so I could swap him with Morgana and use Media when needed.

jrush64

Banned
I just reached 5/1
and Kamoshida's confession and
stuff. Ehh,,, I gotta be honest, the whole
stealing hearts thing
, I think it's pretty lame so far.

Obviously this is the first so maybe I should probably play more and see how it goes. I think P4 did the whole thing better though.

Venfayth

I'm at 9/9 now, so spoilers up til this point. Most of this is my general impressions although there are a couple minor plot points.

Ryuji is really starting to annoy me. I didn't mind him at the start of the game. Even when everyone kept complaining about him I thought he was pretty chill. But by now he's just kinda going off the rails, he's letting the phantom thieves success get to his head.

To expand on that point, I think the group is starting to lose its way amidst it's popularity. They're getting too distracted. They ought to be focusing on helping people like they originally said.

Something is clearly up with Morgana, I wonder if this is her Teddie-moment buildup?

Also I feel bad for Makoto. I really wish we had had an option that didn't require her to betray her sister's trust. Or at least I wish they had given the MC the option to acknowledge what the group was asking of her. Her sister isn't a sympathetic character so far, but still, she's Makoto's only family.

It's the worst when the game doesn't allow you to return it for an extended period of time

I believe that return fees are waived in those cases.

Also, this is probably kind of obvious, but shopping activities don't take time. You can rent/return DVDs, buy stuff, etc in the afternoon and still initiate a trip to the Palace afterward.

Venfayth

I've never had to pay a late fee and they've been late multiple times, even when it's just a few days, or 30 days, and that's without being prevented by story stuff, just laziness.

So I'm about 50 hours in and loving the hell out of it. But I do have one major complaint. Non-story spoilers
so there is TV shopping on Sundays and no Tanaka. What the fuck? I need that catchy Tanaka theme song.

Edit: oh, I just looked a few posts up
Hype!

Makikou

I'm REALLY enjoying this so far, especially japanese voice acting.

First Persona game ever, only now discovering atleast the very basics
as in I just got to Kamoshida's castle for the 2nd time

Sciel

24/12 Onwards Spoilers

HOLY SHIT, IGOR. That was one hell of an epic troll by the fake. Explains the change in voice too.

JJShadow

I'm about to finish the second dungeon and I'm so glad this one is shorter than the first one, that one was too long in my opinion. I managed to reach the treasure in one day without using any SP-recovery item/accesory

Also, I really liked the aesthetics and mechanics like
jumping into the paintings and the lasers
. I hope the remaining dungeons are this short and introduce new mechanics as well

dan2026

So I just reached the end of Ann's social link...
They don't even show you getting a kiss. Come on game how lazy is this?
Could they not be bothered to animate it?

CmdBash

If I kill a treasure demon, is that the only one of its kind or does it respawn in a later part? And is each type of treasure demon limited to the specific palace?

DNAbro

In the 4th dungeon.

Random complaint but I really wish the alert level didn't go down when you defeat enemies. It is way too easy to keep down and is almost 100% pointless because of that. If it stayed up it might be something you actually had to worry about and make Ohya way more useful.

Ulong

Post second dungeon pre third dungeon spoiler talk.
It bothers me greatly that
Boy Naoto
clearly overheard
morgana speak, not meow,
and no one has given this a millesecond of thought.

Yes, I even got out of my way to fight more shadows in order to obtain Personae that I missed. I just try to ambush every enemy and not waste SP with enemies that I don't know their weaknesses (when an enemy throws a Bufu spell at you I try hitting them back with an Agi spell).

I ran out of SP in the first dungeon when I reached the
Tower
but had enough ammo so I pulled through. During the first dungeon, I didn't use any spell with Ryuji because enemies were rarely weak to Zio, so I could swap him with Morgana and use Media when needed.

Huh, I wonder what I did wrong. I already emptied my SP when I reached
chapel

I did always cast elemental skills when a shadow is weak to it/heal when MC hp drops below 66%.... I was wiped in the very first fight and looks like I'm traumatized lol.

They don't let you see the ending until you pay, like when you try to graduate university with parking or library fines

They charge the fee onto your PSN account.

It would be funny if they hold up your trophy until you return the DVD

Auctopus

I felt like the game teased me with freedom around early May but now I'm in mid-May and I feel like the game is moaning at me to get better at stuff/take on requests etc. but at the same time, won't let me do anything but progress the story and send me to bed every night at 6pm.

Does it ever go back to giving me a bit more choice in spending my time?

"Man, this boss is kinda easy..."

*boss turns into
Piggytron

Hrm. I did not see that coming.

You should probably edit a boss number warning on that. Since there are a lot of transformations.

so many good one-liners i want to screencap, really feeling the brunt of atlus' bs

Yep. Especially since I named myself Nick Hentai. There are a ton of funny moments with my name that I can't capture with anything other than my camera. Blocking the whole game from even screenshots is absolutely unacceptable. I find it taking me out of the experience in frustration whenever a memorable moment happens that I want to capture. I don't even want to share them! I just want them for my own memories. It fucking sucks. Fuck AtlusJP.

In the 4th dungeon.

Random complaint but I really wish the alert level didn't go down when you defeat enemies. It is way too easy to keep down and is almost 100% pointless because of that. If it stayed up it might be something you actually had to worry about and make Ohya way more useful.

If the balance was 20% up and 5% down instead of 15 and 10 respectively, it would make the stealth way more tense. I wish hard mode tweaked stuff like that, instead of just halving your XP and damage or whatever.

Post second dungeon pre third dungeon spoiler talk.
It bothers me greatly that
Boy Naoto
clearly overheard
morgana speak, not meow,
and no one has given this a millesecond of thought.

Just like P4, the player is much smarter than the cast.

I felt like the game teased me with freedom around early May but now I'm in mid-May and I feel like the game is moaning at me to get better at stuff/take on requests etc. but at the same time, won't let me do anything but progress the story and send me to bed every night at 6pm.

Yes, definitely. May is very packed and a little restrictive, but getting the dungeons done as quickly as you can should help free up some time to do what you want. My experience from June-August has been pretty free so far, especially compared to April/May, but that's me doing the Metaverse stuff as efficiently as I can.

Jyrii

Banned
Yay my retailer finally send me a message that they have send the game. Annoying that I didn't get it on the launch day, but I have been waiting Persona 5 for years, so what is couple of more days lol

Finished the first Palace. I like the added layer of strategy to that boss fight. It made the fight feel more dynamic and totally made sense with the story and overall theme of the game.

I'm enjoying this a lot, though I can't help but feel a little frustrated at how restrictive the game has been thus far. Maybe I'm remembering it wrong since it's been years since I last played it, but I don't think Persona 4 felt this much tutorially 15 hours in.

june gives you more space

Zakalwe

Banned
OK I'm getting destroyed by the boss on the 1st Dungeon. Any tips? I only have 3 days to go but it did say I could go back a week. Just not sure if I'm missing something. My best heal only gives me 50hp so I can't recover quickly enough.

Buy some party wide heals from the clinic. You can get +50 and +100hp items.
That heal the entire party at once.
Then when you send
one member to steal the crown,
you only need one person to be healing.

Super easy even on hard if you buy these. Just about timing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom