• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh man that second Palace boss is rough.
Rampage+Tarukaja is super good in that fight if you're having a hard time
Goddammit, the Untouchable theme is my favorite track in the game. How are people not talking about this song??

When I have to do menial menu business, I like to fast travel there just to hear the song as I go.
It's my favorite song so far too. The build up is fantastic.

megalowho

Goddammit, the Untouchable theme is my favorite track in the game. How are people not talking about this song??

When I have to do menial menu business, I like to fast travel there just to hear the song as I go.
I'm with you, such a fucking groove. The clinic theme too with the P3 leitmotif callback. Shop music is on point, some of my favorite tracks in the game.

Layer Cake
Butterfly Kiss

Jintor

I think what bothers me about Ann's outfit is that it doesn't fit her character? Japan really likes the domme-y look with leather and whips but Ann's personality is so completely not the sexy femme fatale. Everyone else's costumes (so far) mostly match their personality. Hers just seems like utilizing the cat burglar archetype because they needed to fit one in there even if the character wasn't sultry or flirty or comfortable in their body.

uh, aren't their costumes about reclaiming what others think about them tho

Nose Master

So, what is the deal with sojiro? His social link has been puttering around 2 for like 3 sessions now, and it's still not close to leveling. I have a hiero (?) Also. Is his progression gated by plot?

BluWacky

Right, I've got 30-something hours on the clock now.

This game really has no respect for your time at all, does it? It throws about a million "things to do" at you - most of which are cutscenes with endless, mostly uninteresting dialogue - but then takes away your opportunity to do them for enormous amounts of time. I fully admit that my unease at not having enough time to do everything is my own problem, but neglecting certain Confidants just because you don't have time to do everything seems to be a real problem...

Even with that said, and the unfortunate and unsurprising turns into shitty anime humour at times (oh look, they're all peering down Ann's top again...), the core narrative is surprisingly good fun, the dungeon gameplay is entertaining and thematically consistent throughout, and the fact that I'm still playing it must count for something.

uh, aren't their costumes about reclaiming what others think about them tho

Eh, maybe. Ryuuji's works for that since it's like "thug" or whatever, but I wouldn't say the other characters costumes so far fit that.

Man, Mementos is super good for picking up Personas I missed to fill out my registry. Just back attack a weak enemy and instantly acquire, no negotiation or anything.

Jintor

the core game is a time management simulator. of course it has no respect for your time, because you're playing by its rules and it would be meaningless if you could just do everything anytime.

Lusankya

Whats vague magazine do?

Shows you a new minor location. I think all books which you can read in one sitting show you either a location or improve your proficiency in certain activities. Most of the time you will learn the locations from other characters, so it's not worth the time to read those books.

I've been avoiding a guide but these persona + skill requests always suck because there's the chance you just happened to miss catching or fusing the one persona you need to complete it.

So, how do I make the Flauros?

I really like the inclusion of Psi/Nuclear skills in this. I never use teams with status ailments in Megaten games, but they're a nice incentive to use them.

Lusankya

I've been avoiding a guide but these persona + skill requests always suck because there's the chance you just happened to miss catching or fusing the one persona you need to complete it.

So, how do I make the Flauros?

It's a triple fusion, you can see him and the required personas in the menu for special fusions.

I'm enjoying this a lot, though I can't help but feel a little frustrated at how restrictive the game has been thus far. Maybe I'm remembering it wrong since it's been years since I last played it, but I don't think Persona 4 felt this much tutorially 15 hours in.

Feels the same to me. Both P3 and P4 were pretty restrictive with end of month events then rolling into set up for the next dungeon, introducing new supporting characters, etc.

To me the biggest change is how they have redesigned the dungeons to try to push you to do them in multiple days. That's a good thing, though, and I the dungeons are so much better this time around that I don't mind.

Eh, maybe. Ryuuji's works for that since it's like "thug" or whatever, but I wouldn't say the other characters costumes so far fit that.

Man, Mementos is super good for picking up Personas I missed to fill out my registry. Just back attack a weak enemy and instantly acquire, no negotiation or anything.

I think it works for the first 3 characters, at least:

MC: others view him as a criminal so he dons the outfit of a master thief.
Ryuuji: Thug (obvious)
Ann: slut shaming

Not sure about the fourth character. That one doesn't seem as obvious but
I'm not particularly familiar with Kitsune or Goemon.

Cheska

Late first palace spoilers

So if you let Ryuji handle the calling card, you don't have the option of choosing your group name? Here I was thinking I was being a good friend by letting him do it :/

AngryMoth

This might be a dumb question but how come I keep getting a "point up" in my social stats and yet it still says I have 1 in everything. Those numbers are a higher level thing? Is there any indication then how close I am to levelling one of them up?

Captain Kidd is slowly becoming my favourite Persona. *_* Helps that Ryuji's voice lines do a really good job at getting me hyped, and I just love how Kidd looks at enemies during his turn.

I reaally dig the Persona designs this time around.

Rampage+Tarukaja is super good in that fight if you're having a hard time

I was underlevelled so I ended up brute forcing
one part at a time, starting with the spellcasters. They kept hitting my weaknesses, so I switched to Orobas and set to work on them. Everything else fell like dominoes.
It feels good to be challenged by a Persona boss again.

What was the aswer for craggy ground in the first crossword puzzle? I knew the coffee but I want to know now, it just ended when you enter the blue word. :p

molnizzle

If I capture a new Persona but don't have any open slots, do I have to release another one to add the new one to the registry? Will it just be available for me in the Velvet Room if I want to buy it later?

Got the game yesterday, first impression

"You briefly wonder why the voice acting is so hard to hear during animated cutscenes."

Other then that I'm glad their using real demons instead of generic shadows and bringing back negotiations.

Philippo

Is the game ever gonna let you plan a whole week?
I'm only at 5/15, but everytime i start thinking about what doing the day after or the next one, more story elements that take away all the day come up, like exams or
selling the stupid medal
This is more frustrating than anytjing, since i don't have time to invest in the skills or Confidant i care about.

Chaos17

the core game is a time management simulator. of course it has no respect for your time, because you're playing by its rules and it would be meaningless if you could just do everything anytime.
Harvest moon, Atelier games are time management but story never ate your time l8ke here (︶^︶)

I'm only at 5/15, but everytime i start thinking about what doing the day after or the next one, more story elements that take away all the day come up, like exams or
selling the stupid medal
This is more frustrating than anytjing, since i don't have time to invest in the skills or Confidant i care about.
Yes, you will have a lot more time later.

molnizzle

selling the stupid medal

Wait until you're in Palace mode ("X many days until X") to really plan stuff out. You can't rely on the in-between time.

selling the stupid medal

Yeah, you'll get more free time later on but there are always going to be some long periods where you don't have free time due to the story events.

This might be a dumb question but how come I keep getting a "point up" in my social stats and yet it still says I have 1 in everything. Those numbers are a higher level thing? Is there any indication then how close I am to levelling one of them up?

Each stat has 5 levels, the points you earn go towards increasing the level. As far as I know there's no indication how close you are to leveling up a stat.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
How do you access the in-game log while in the
metaverse
? I'm in the third dungeon and I do not know how to use the
panel because I can't access the diary.

What was the aswer for craggy ground in the first crossword puzzle? I knew the coffee but I want to know now, it just ended when you enter the blue word. :p

Dunno I put rocky.

Griss

Question regarding confidants:
If you're already at the point where another 'meeting' will level up a confidant, but then a story event or a study session or something gives you extra 'points' in that confidant's bond... are those points lost? I guess I'm asking if each level starts from zero or if your relationship points carry over.

For example, I trained with Ryuji, and it said that next time we trained we'd rank up. Great. But then I studied with him that night and got 2 relationship points. Were those points wasted, as I was going to rank up next time anyway, or will they carry into the next rank of the bond?

Two Words

I don't like how Morgana is this constant filter of your acts. In Persona 3 and 4, if you tried to do something after fighting, you're character would say that he is too tired. In Persona 5, Morgana tells you that you're too tired. That kinda bugs me even though the result is the same.

I don't like how Morgana is this constant filter of your acts. In Persona 3 and 4, if you tried to do something after fighting, you're character would say that he is too tired. In Persona 5, Morgana tells you that you're too tired. That kinda bugs me even though the result is the same.

Yeah I'm only about 11 hours in, but I constantly feel like the game is controlled how I spend days that I thought would be free time. It's pretty annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom