• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mediking

Not in terms of story and such. Some dark things have already happened. But I feel like while some elements are up to Persona snuff, others are...watered down? Honestly, it is the dialogue and characters that are hurting this game the most for me. That isn't to say I don't like them---I really do. But I am tired of hearing the same talking points over-and-over. The way they talk sometimes feels very unnatural, not necessarily from word choice either. I'm not doing a great job explaining, but I'm playing right now and will post if something concrete pops up I can put my finger on.

Do you even like Joker's Awakening scene...? About how it was triggered?

Ydelnae

Mid June I'm level 4 in guts, close to level 4 in Knowledge and level 2 in everything else. I will stop leveling stars when they hit 4 since mandatory scenes will keep leveling them from now on.

Weiss

Banned
Mid June I'm level 4 in guts, close to level 4 in Knowledge and level 2 in everything else. I will stop leveling stars when they hit 4 since mandatory scenes will keep leveling them from now on.

I shoulda used a fucking guide for this. At this rate I'll have to do a second playthrough for all the Confidants.

Ydelnae

With the worldwide shipments crossing 1.5 mil, the incredible Metacritic, and the updated assets and engine, what're the genuine chances we get another Persona within 3 years? Like the 3 --> 4 turnover but with a little more time for longer current gen development cycles.

It's going to be a while. The old Persona team is doing a new IP and the spin-off team is now in charge of the next Persona game, so they will take some time for the next main entry.

Basically the same that happened with Kingdom Hearts 3.

molnizzle

Confirmed: you must replace an old Persona with a new one if you want the new one added to the compendium. Even though the mask animation plays and Morgana comments about your new acquisition, it won't be there in the Velvet Room if you release it.

Bummer. Means I gotta pay the withdrawal price for every s.link. -_-

Kinsei

Banned
I shoulda used a fucking guide for this. At this rate I'll have to do a second playthrough for all the Confidants.

That's something you should expect with Persona. Unless you use a guide then you probably won't max out every S.Link/Confidant.

Mediking

Embrace this. Dont hate it. Embrace it.

Joker's awakening is the worst one. They're all super cheese, but Joker's has no emotional weight to it unlike the rest.

What... the hell...?

RYUGI WAS GETTING ABUSED AND JOKER HAD TO STOP IT!!!!

PixelatedBookake

Okay fifth dungeon
what the FUCK is the deal with the difficulty spike for the boss? Like what am I supposed to do about all those Sacrificial Orders!?!? Okumura is kicking my ass

YaBish

I am itching to get back to this game something fierce, but I've got too many projects going on right now to be able to.

Edit:
Philippo said:
It's pretty telling that i'm more willing to set up schedules for a videogame and not for my real life...

This too lol

Hoo-doo

Banned
I am itching to get back to this game something fierce, but I've got too many projects going on right now to be able to.

I know this feeling all too well.

If it's any help, this game is excellent for remote-play on Windows/OSX. I was out of town for a few days but still managed to put in a few hours of dungeon crawling every night while far, far away from my PS4.

YaBish

I know this feeling all too well.

If it's any help, this game is excellent for remote-play on Windows/OSX. I was out of town for a few days but still managed to put in a few hours of dungeon crawling every night while far, far away from my PS4.
Might have to give it a go. You need a DS4 to do that, right? No built in kbm support?

Hoo-doo

Banned
God bless this SP accessory from Tae.

You mean the
SP-regeneration pendant
from the clinic?

I haven't tried it out in a dungeon yet, but it seemed like a fantastic item for the MC.

Might have to give it a go. You need a DS4 to do that, right? No built in kbm support?

Keyboard is supported for text input, but that's it. You need the DS4 and a micro-USB cable and you're good to go.

Opa-Pa

Awakening scenes in this game are so cool that if anything I'd have liked the MC's to not be an anime cutscene because they look better in-game haha, it was still pretty great.

Owensboro

You mean the
SP-regeneration pendant
from the clinic?

I haven't tried it out in a dungeon yet, but it seemed like a fantastic item for the MC.

Drop it on your main healer, use HP Persona attacks, never have to leave a dungeon. Can't wait to buy a second.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
5/20

Oh lawd .. those shorts Ann !. I also wouldn't mind the option to play as her 'fat suit' version.

339rsql7.png

Vic_Viper

Just did the Persona fusion tutorial. Ended up fusing my Arsene and he went through this whole speech. After Fusing him I bought him back from the compendium. Did I mess anything up or should I load a previous save I have right before?

Jiraiza

You mean the
SP-regeneration pendant
from the clinic?

Fantastic item for anyone really, just equip it on the person you need to get SP back and just delay in a battle until they're fully restored. Rinse and repeat.

Kinsei

Banned
Just did the Persona fusion tutorial. Ended up fusing my Arsene and he went through this whole speech. After Fusing him I bought him back from the compendium. Did I mess anything up or should I load a previous save I have right before?

You didn't mess up (although I wouldn't have wasted money bringing Arsene back). Persona's quickly become useless so you should always be fusing them into more powerful personas.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Agreed. This game kind of feels like...Persona-lite? Or rather a kid's version of Persona. Not sure how to word it, but with so much of the dialogue being on the nose, the hand holding, and linear gameplay (4 hours in and can hardly do my own thing) I just feel like something here is very off.
The intro lasts like 6-7 hours.

It's the most SMTesque Persona. You actually fight demons and there's demon negotiation, unlike P3 and P4.

cj_iwakura

These social link/interrogation intros are priceless.

"You must have had a cute little kitty. Those empty cans of cat food didn't eat themselves!"
"You must have had a co-worker. I doubt you trained yourself."
"How did you stay dry in the rain? *DESK SLAM* WHERE IS YOUR UMBRELLA HIDING!?"

And these HD demons. Surreal to think it took this long.

Came real close to dying a few times, but not yet. (I'm playing on Normal.)

Getting ambushed is REAL REAL BAD in P5.

Shaking my head at you.gif
Dantis has questionable taste, it is known.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
This third dungeon is just amazing. So good compared to the previous 2. Actually the second one was better than the first so I hope the quality keeps improving.

Oh my god Sae is just a piece of shiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttttttttttttttt.

Jesus Christ, stop being a total cock to your sister

Meanwhile, Becky is really hurting my conviction to romantically pursue Makoto.

Dammit, I am honestly surprised by how much I like so many of the Confidants. Wasn't expecting this. Or the party members honestly.

Do you even like Joker's Awakening scene...? About how it was triggered?
So far, this has been my favorite part...with the minor nitpick that I didn't like the MC getting whacked to the side, and when the cutscene kicks in he is pinned against the wall. But yeah, that was great.

I think Ryuji is slightly grating. Morganna I really like so far though.

The intro lasts like 6-7 hours.

It's the most SMTesque Persona. You actually fight demons and there's demon negotiation, unlike P3 and P4.
Holy moly, that is long! I'm gettin' there though. Ready for this world to open up.

These social link/interrogation intros are priceless.

"You must have had a cute little kitty. Those empty cans of cat food didn't eat themselves!"
"You must have had a co-worker. I doubt you trained yourself."
"How did you stay dry in the rain? *DESK SLAM* WHERE IS YOUR UMBRELLA HIDING!?"

Lol! For real though I think they are pretty sick, largely because the different tracks that play in those sequences.

Zesh

This is my first Persona game, and I'm still struggling with the decision to use a guide or not. I hate missing things in games, but it also feels like deciding things for yourself is a big part of the game. Any advice?

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
In September now.

Ryuji has gone from tolerable to criminally stupid asshat douchebag.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
its not "blow my brains out" gruesome but the "r
ipping mask off your face like its skin
" motif is pretty great, certainly much better than "well I have this tarot card" from P4

Lunar15

So far, this has been my favorite part...with the minor nitpick that I didn't like the MC getting whacked to the side, and when the cutscene kicks in he is pinned against the wall. But yeah, that was great.

I think Ryuji is slightly grating. Morganna I really like so far though.

Holy moly, that is long! I'm gettin' there though. Ready for this world to open up.

Just so you know, I felt the same way about the game up until the end of the first dungeon. Now I'm way way into it. Script issues are almost invisible and the crew is gelling.

OH GODDAMMIT

Can I romance
Sae
?

I did not realize she would be a fucking confidant tho now that I think about it it's pretty obvious.

...that being said
how the hell does me getting an Arcana in the future work with me being able to benefit from it in the past
?

Dresden

Cleared the 3rd dungeon's boss, but I might just reload an earlier save so I could grind for cash. Started the dungeon at 13k or so, ended with 110k, and I spent like 50k over the last socialite period and that's not counting gear (and I want to buy more of the Invigorate 3 accessories).

at this rate i wouldn't be surprised if the game started requiring rent and taxes

This is my first Persona game, and I'm still struggling with the decision to use a guide or not. I hate missing things in games, but it also feels like deciding things for yourself is a big part of the game. Any advice?

don't bother with a guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom