• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zakalwe

Banned
So far, this has been my favorite part...with the minor nitpick that I didn't like the MC getting whacked to the side, and when the cutscene kicks in he is pinned against the wall. But yeah, that was great.

I think Ryuji is slightly grating. Morganna I really like so far though.

Holy moly, that is long! I'm gettin' there though. Ready for this world to open up.

Ryugi is great! His VA is easily the best so far (just started the second main palace).

Morganna is my least favorite. Not because of his character or VA, but because he's constantly feeling me what to do.

I'll tell /you/ when /I'm/ tired, cat.

I'm in the castle still. I'm outta resources and I wanna bail and come back later. I still have 14 days. How do I get out of the castle?

I think what bothers me about Ann's outfit is that it doesn't fit her character? Japan really likes the domme-y look with leather and whips but Ann's personality is so completely not the sexy femme fatale. Everyone else's costumes (so far) mostly match their personality. Hers just seems like utilizing the cat burglar archetype because they needed to fit one in there even if the character wasn't sultry or flirty or comfortable in their body.

The Personas of the party members and the costumes they unconsciously don are based on who they secretly wish to be, not on their visible personality. Ann wishes she was strong and dominant, and this is why her Persona finally reveals itself to her when she
decides to stand firm against Kamoshida
. So the S&M outfit is just a physical manifestation of that desire, as is her Persona.

Zafir

Confirmed: you must replace an old Persona with a new one if you want the new one added to the compendium. Even though the mask animation plays and Morgana comments about your new acquisition, it won't be there in the Velvet Room if you release it.

Bummer. Means I gotta pay the withdrawal price for every s.link. -_-
Ergh.

Wish I'd have known that. I'll have lost quite a few personas then. =/

I wonder why they changed that? That was not how it worked in 3/4.

Chase17

lol, reminds me I don't have guts every single time I want to shop.

Made it through palace 3 in a day, although took a lot of coffee.

If you're looking to play this as your first Persona game DO NOT use a guide.

This isn't an open world game, the shit in it isn't a checklist for you to mark off and accomplish so you can get a gold star. The whole point is to pursue what you want to, fuck up and maybe go down different paths. Just play how you want and let shit happen. It's okay to not max everything and get the platinum trophy.

Let go of that feeling of missing all that a game has to offer and realize some games aren't really designed for you to experience everything.

MSMrRound

Not done with the second dungeon yet but..

..wahey! Won 100k from the lottery. Gives me a bit of breathing space when it comes to buying juice and stuff and saving up for the SP items.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
This is something I've always wondered about social links. Do the "points" you get in between each rank accumulate across ranks or do you always start at 0 when you rank up?

For instance, I have a confidant that will take 2 days to rank up regardless of whether or not I have his arcana. Is it worth me spending money summoning his arcana? Will that bonus rollover to giving me progress on the rank after this one?

If you're looking to play this as your first Persona game DO NOT use a guide.

This isn't an open world game, the shit in it isn't a checklist for you to mark off and accomplish so you can get a gold star. The whole point is to pursue what you want to, fuck up and maybe go down different paths. Just play how you want and let shit happen. It's okay to not max everything and get the platinum trophy.

Let go of that feeling of missing all that a game has to offer and realize some games aren't really designed for you to experience everything.

And if you embrace this then maybe Morgana telling you to go to sleep won't bother you because honestly I'm near the end of the second dungeon and it's only the smallest of annoyances to me.

Dragner

Finished the second dungeon. Somewhat it felt easier than the first. Boss was underwhelming too I didnt get to do rhe gimmick because he died so fast lol.

Now I have to grind them moneys to max temperance asap. I need my freedom.

Kalentan

Nulls everything but Curse.

Blah. Ran away...

Guess I know now.

Anyway if someone could help me for a early Palace 4 spoiler, not a story spoiler.

So I need to use the balista to break open the wall... But how? It won't let me use the balista.

Saprol

Blah. Ran away...

Guess I know now.

Anyway if someone could help me for a early Palace 3 spoiler, not a story spoiler.

So I need to use the balista to break open the wall... But how? It won't let me use the balista.
look around. Its remotely fired
Palace four btw

JJShadow

Do you guys know the name of the song used in dungeons when you're gonna steal the Treasure? (After sending the calling card). It's soooo good

Lunar15

Have a Short Rest.

How far are you now?

Literally just finished naming my group. I enjoyed the buffet scene.

The soundtrack is much more subdued than p4 and 3, but it's hitting a lot of the right notes for me.

Layer Cake (gun shop theme) and Butterfly Kiss (clinic theme) are both incredible. This is all the stuff I love about Meguro in one soundtrack. I wish there were more vocal tracks, but the overall quality is astounding. Hell, there was a small loop that played when you pick your group name that really struck a chord with me.

Dantis

Blah. Ran away...

Guess I know now.

Anyway if someone could help me for a early Palace 3 spoiler, not a story spoiler.

That's palace 4, mate.

Do you guys know the name of the song used in dungeons when you're gonna steal the Treasure? (After sending the calling card). It's soooo good
Life Will Change

DNAbro

I'm having my roommates forcibly hiding away my controllers so I can force myself to work. Game is so damn addicting.

Zakalwe

Banned
Finished the second dungeon. Somewhat it felt easier than the first. Boss was underwhelming too I didnt get to do rhe gimmick because he died so fast lol.

Now I have to grind them moneys to max temperance asap. I need my freedom.

Time to up the difficulty?

Question for everyone:

I'm considering going up from Hard as now I have the hang of the str/weakness system most balttles I can lock enemies down taking hardly any damage (which is still fun!) and I might enjoy a little more challenge, but isn't Merciless more of a grind than a fun challenge? I heard it's better to try that on a second or NG+ run?

I'm at the start of the second dungeon. I explored Momentos as far as I could to give you an idea of my power level (level 13).

I understand things might get more difficult from here of course, so it might not be an issue going forward.

nOoblet16

So I've never played other Persona games before so I'm not aware of how it works here. But is there any point at all in maxing out a relationship and dating someone? From what I have heard, despite the mature themes in this game the romance is very PG-13. The conversations you get while you romance someone is barely any different to the conversations you'll have with your other friends. Someone said (and I don't know how true it is) that they don't even show the MC and his partner kiss. I'm not saying they should go full a on softcore ala Bioware games quite the opposite actually, I'm more arguing about what's the point of having romance in a game if it's barely distinguishable from other friendship and others don't acknowledge it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom