• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sciel

Finished this in 90 hours. Starting a NG+ immediately after lol.

Would say I only had very minor issues with the game, else i like it more than P3/P4.
-1st Dungeon Pacing. Its just way too long. Really should have broken it into two seperate dungeons or something.
- Morgana Night time "Hey, let's not do that right now".

Can't wait for the inevitable enhanced version to see what it adds.

I'm only a couple of hours in after meeting Yusuke and well... I really REALLY don't care for the guy, just comes off as a major creep.

Auctopus

In the early game I know you can buy shitty 5 SP items from the vending machine in the school courtyard. Otherwise sometimes I find them in the Palace.

Rare. The main sources will be
vending machines that restock weekly beside bathhouse, inside Shibuya arcade, and in the school courtyard.

Confidant-wise,
Death rank 5 will sell SP regen accessories. Rank 7 will halve the cost

Thanks.

Also, quick question. If it shows a confidant is in the area you are FT to, is there a way to find out exactly where they are?

Ulong

Still haven't found a really good way for the Kindness stat, other then the plant every couple weeks. I can study and gain 1 kindness but that's not exactly good for pushing it. I've found a book that I finished. But no long term repeatable kindness grinds.

Saprol

Thanks.

Also, quick question. If it shows a confidant is in the area you are FT to, is there a way to find out exactly where they are?
Usually at set locations. Find them once and often you can fast travel directly to them when they text you.

Ourobolus

Banned
Still haven't found a really good way for the Kindness stat, other then the plant every couple weeks. I can study and gain 1 kindness but that's not exactly good for pushing it. I've found a book that I finished. But no long term repeatable kindness grinds.
Work at the flower shop. You'll gain 2 each time, 3 if you do a good job with special orders

I shoulda used a fucking guide for this. At this rate I'll have to do a second playthrough for all the Confidants.

You shouldn't try to max out every confidant in your first play through, you should focus mainly on you allies confidants and you social stats I.e. Knowledge, guts, etc so you can breeze though your 2nd play through solely focusing on the confidants.

Well that's how I play

DPtheGod

God, this game is sooooo good. FFXV left me feeling so disappointed, and empty; devoid of what I wanted out of a good JRPG. Thankfully Atlus knows how to deliver... every single time.

Question about exploring post first palace.

I am browsing Mementos doing side quests/requests. How often do these come up? I wanted to spend my free time studying for the tests coming up, but damn... I am worried these are only available for a certain amount of time.

Flower Shop

Vic_Viper

Figuring out how to properly spend your time in the beginning is one thing I have a super rough time with in Persona games. I'm already worried I missed out on important stuff/more useful use of my limited time and I haven't even finished the first palace lol.

I hear there are things implemented in P5 that help you decide how to manage your time. But they should slow down how much opens up in the next game. It's only the second day I've been able to freely explore and looking at what other people have done in game is super daunting. I haven't even found the first club, let alone a job or been able to spend time with my fellow thieves.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
does anyone have that picture with what the demons like in conversations?

GSR

God, this game is sooooo good. FFXV left me feeling so disappointed, and empty; devoid of what I wanted out of a good JRPG. Thankfully Atlus knows how to deliver... every single time.

Question about exploring post first palace.

I am browsing Mementos doing side quests/requests. How often do these come up? I wanted to spend my free time studying for the tests coming up, but damn... I am worried these are only available for a certain amount of time.

IIRC there are no time limits on Mementos quests.

sappyday

Just beat the second dungeon. A little shorter than the first one and the storyline wasn't as good but I still enjoyed it. Now I have a couple of days before the deadline so it's time to study study and socialize.

Linkura

So the second dungeon
really wasn't any longer than the first- even seemed a little shorter. I was surprised considering in P3 and 4 that the further you got into the game, the more floors you had to go through for each section of the game. Do the dungeons get any longer or is this about what I can expect for much of the game?

Lunar15

The biggest thing is the walking around tracks. Not enough of them.

I agree on this point. Tokyo Daytime is nice and the vocal version of Beneath the Mask is stellar, but nothing is hitting as hard as Heartbeat, Heartbreak, or Your Affection.

That said, I think there's already more songs in P5 that I enjoy compared to P4 and 3. I love those soundtracks dearly, but they also had some over-played clunkers. They have a handful of some of my favorite songs ever and then a bunch of forgettable tracks, like Who's There that plays in nearly every cutscene in 4.

This, to me, feels more like Meguro's older stuff where everything was hitting a certain level of quality but there were less big standouts.

Alucrid

Banned
So the second dungeon
really wasn't any longer than the first- even seemed a little shorter. I was surprised considering in P3 and 4 that the further you got into the game, the more floors you had to go through for each section of the game. Do the dungeons get any longer or is this about what I can expect for much of the game?

i've only done four but none seem as long as the first one felt so far.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so I got both
Pixie and the horse thing
when the game teaches you about negotiations, is that scripted or did I just luck out on the awnsers?

and also, once you have those types, I assume you dont need to capture them again, unless you fuse them and lose them correct?

So the second dungeon

They all are about the same length I'd say, give or take. There's not much of a ramp up.

Guys, I think the first one feels long only because of all of those introductory scenes. Once you actually get into freely exploring the dungeon, it's not some Odysseus journey.

Just finished the 3rd Dungeon, the boss was quite easy despite the enemis that were quite strong getting there; got 2 regent so rings and they're a game changer!

Upon finishing the 3rd dungeon:

Persona 5 |OT2| Is your ass cracked?

Went up against the first Palace's miniboss last night. I went in with some swagger and got a party wipe (on Hard). Brought back some Matador feelings. This game makes you get serious.

Linkura

i've only done four but none seem as long as the first one felt so far.

They all are about the same length I'd say, give or take. There's not much of a ramp up.

Guys, I think the first one feels long only because of all of those introductory scenes. Once you actually get into freely exploring the dungeon, it's not some Odysseus journey.

Thanks guys. Bit of an unexpected change from 3/4. But welcome. I'd prefer the dungeons be well-made than long.

Grewitch

You can infer it by looking at the inherited skills, I guess, but fusion results are determined by their levels and arcanas. There must be a couple fusion charts online if you search, personally I've never learned the combinations because it's just too much info, but it's definitely not random and I guess you can use that for this.

Thank you, my good person. I'll take a page from your book and go with the flow and use resources online if I must.

Hmmm idk how I feel about
makotos
persona it's cool than disappointing at the same time
Her persona is powerhouse, she never left my team once she joined. I just switched around Anne cause she's a poor Naoto.

Word of advice, do it right away and once you're allow to go deeper, get to the end right away. That's how I was properly leveled for each dungeon.

Can you actually switch out party members in safe rooms or do you always have to go to the entrance to do it ?

You can switch whenever, just go to the stats section and press square.

Vic_Viper

so I got both
Pixie and the horse thing
when the game teaches you about negotiations, is that scripted or did I just luck out on the awnsers?

and also, once you have those types, I assume you dont need to capture them again, unless you fuse them and lose them correct?

Register them in the compendium to make sure you have them. Like the Pokedex but you can buy them back if you fuse them or delete them to make room in your current party.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom