• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

aravuus

Yeah, he starts off great but gets pretty annoying as time goes on. There's still time for him to change though I guess, 40 hours in here.

Def gotta agree with this. He was much better than Yosuke and Junpei at the beginning, but now his constant yelling and obnoxiousness is starting to get grating and he's fallen down to the other two's level. They've always been more or less my least favorite characters in these games, so I'm not surprised.

Shut the fuck up and chill out Ryuji

FluxWaveZ

Wait, the fusion chart in the Persona 5 digital manual isn't even accurate. It lists that Magician + Hermit = Death, but in this game, Magician + Fool = Death. I had found another inconsistency like this, too.

Great.

pixxxelz

It's so good and rare enough that a lot of people will probably never use it. Like megalixirs in FF. Meanwhile, selling one for 50k, especially early on (i.e. the one you get from the DLC), is a massive boost.

I was forced to use mine in the first dungeon, T_T it was ether that or die and lose like an hour of progress..

Hitting a HR ain't that hard, try hitting the ball in the middle that way it gets elevation. Do not cover the entire ball zone.

I'll try that next time, thanks.

Oh boy, I won the lottery!

*you won 300 yen*

My ticket cost 3000 yen...

screenshot_2017-01-2858ul6.png

YaBish

For people looking for the whole soundtrack on YouTube, KanekiTHEGOAT has it on his channel without ads. It's been really helpful with finding specific songs that get stuck in my ear, and there aren't any spoilers in the comments afaik.

He's got Automata's soundtrack​ up too.

Ryan_

god damn,
Makoto's persona revelation is just the best. I had a big grin on my face the whole way through.

I.hate.Morgana
Seriously, the hand holding in this game is excessive. P3/4 weren't that bad in that regard.

And for all the tutorials the throw at you, they dont bother to mention buffs/debuff. Probably the most important part of the combat in a Megaten.

Weiss

Banned
In response to your spoiler:
yes, I believe so, but bear in mind you don't carry everything to a NGP. I think you actually miss on a bunch of stuff you would get from the good ending, but you still carry over your compendium and can do the second-run boss?

You will eventually need all attributes maxed.

I would like to see the bad ending firsthand at least, and this way I have some incentive to focus on my stats. I'll probably bail though.

Kalentan

If you do get the SP 3 accessory you basically will never run low on SP ever again.

Went back into Palace 4 with it and it's amazing how I've not gone under 130 SP on any character.

Kalentan

All people hating on Yusuke have to be playing with english voices. I just can't not like a character voiced by Sugita.

I mean he's kind of annoying when you first meet him but
after you complete Madarame's palace he's fine. Actually like his character. Using the Eng Dub as well.

Linkura

Yup Junpei is the best by far. Never understood why people had a problem with him. Yosuke is terrible. Ryuji is fine so far but I'm not too far in either (sounds like he has issues later on).

Aaaarrrggghhhh...sorry Ann, I actually like you way more than I thought I would but I still can't date you.

On the other hand, I only knew Makoto's looks and her personality wasn't what I thought it was gonna be so she's off the table too.

Looks like the answer was Becky all along.

The villain of the 3rd arc sucked. Dungeon was great though.

Thankfully, the 4th arc makes up for it in every single way. The palace phenomenal! Love the theme as well.

Opa-Pa

I'm loving the game and its writing, but I wish it would make up its mind when it comes to social issues.

It makes a huge deal about the pedophile male teacher, but has no issues making your female home teacher (and other adults) dateable, because hey mutual agreement changes everything and makes it morally right, I guess. It also shows men harassing Ann as a gross thing, but then plays Ryuji and Morgana trying to look under her skirt for laughs during a scene lmao (this is extra annoying too because otherwise, Morgana comes off as a very polite little boy with an innocent crush on her).

And that's not even touching on that awful, extremely unnecessary, homophobic scene in Shibuya.

It's like the writers have become better about this stuff with the years but then remember the game is still anime so might as well have this tired garbage in the game anyway.

Oh well, at least there don't seem to be any fat comic relief characters.

Michel >
Ryuji > Yosuke > Junpei
And I like Junpei.

Eikichi/Michel from P2 is my favourite too. Also, let's not forget Katsuya from Eternal Punishment, who is also cool. Ryuji is pretty good so far though, definitely like him more than both Junpei and Yusuke (his Persona is amazing, so that certainly helps).

Holy crap, do NOT get Insta-kill with Ryuji if you ever want to ambush again for the rest of the game. Just leave him at rank 6 forever.

Silver lining: if you thought ambushes made this game too easy, enjoy never having them again.

ShadyK54

I think Ryuji is cool. :p Not sure if he's better than Yosuke, though.

Haven't had the same amount of time with him as I have Yosuke so far, so that could definitely change.

Eikichi/Michel from P2 is my favourite too. Also, let's not forget Katsuya from Eternal Punishment, who is also cool. Ryuji is pretty good so far though, definitely like him more than both Junpei and Yusuke (his Persona is amazing, so that certainly helps).

The party member Personas look so much better than in previous games (of the three I've seen). And I don't mean in fidelity as much as I do aesthetically.

Roussow

Question:
So if the inner monologue speech bubble tells me that my bond with a confidant won't progress just yet I should do something else with my day, yeah? They'll unlock periodically with the story?
I'm just a little worried, because story critical Igor is at rank 5, and Mishima is all the way up at rank 6, most of my OG crew are still at rank 3 though, and I'm just in the third palace.
To reiterate, should I be engaging with confidants more regularly, or only when prompted that it'll actually progress the bond?

Outside of this I feel I've been playing pretty optimally, capitalising on Rainy days with charm and study bonuses, doing the burger challenge with the appropriate prerequisites, taking care of the plant, grabbing the cheap SP regeneratives near the bathhouse, extorting the Mementos enemies for fat stacks (thanks Yoshida) & getting the juice on Sunday amongst some of the more important things.

By the way, what we're actually doing with Yoshida's political advice is kind of fucked up given his good nature, like we're literally extorting people (well, shadows I guess -- but it's still kinda fucked up). Then again arguably is the whole morality of changing someone's heart, which fortunately the game is starting to explore the hypothetical ramifications of so easily doing so.

Into the third palace. I feel as I'm running into the same problem as Persona 4. Things are getting considerably harder, but it's solely due to me not knowing how to fuse good Personas.

It's incredibly frustrating having 8 different element types, and a hard time getting certain elements. Even if you grab a Persona with a rare one, you end up with zero endurance or something, and getting nearly 1-2 shot by bosses / big mobs.

I'm not ready to give up yet, but the fusing system is frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom