• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeana

Register them in the compendium to make sure you have them. Like the Pokedex but you can buy them back if you fuse them or delete them to make room in your current party.

For the record, personas are auto-registered when you get their masks. You only need to register them again if you level them further and want to save that progress.

That fucking baseball mini game man, Jesus!

And I thought that ice cream stacking crap in Kingdom Hearts BBS was hard.

Hitting a HR ain't that hard, try hitting the ball in the middle that way it gets elevation. Do not cover the entire ball zone.

Why? Just sold mine as I only had 400 something yen left and I needed to *ahem* use a pay phone for 5000 yen.

Once you reach game end game you'll know why

5fb06cc63a3564e2e2903576fafdc0b9.gif

Hazu

Hi guys!

This is my first time playing a Persona game and I'm already loving it so far. I would even say I'm having more fun playing it than I had while playing Breath of the Wild and Horizon. The game is just that good!

I'm playing on normal for my first playthrough and I'm not following any guide since I'd like to discover most stuff by myself. However, I'm scared to miss on any important things while playing it my own way. Is there anything I should keep an eye on?

Thank you!

HOLY SHIT I just got a gift from the Persona gods. I was absolutely certain that I missed out on the Max Confidants trophy. The game is winding down and I just needed one more session with
Yusuke, and the game actually allowed me to do so after Finals

So that means I did it, I think. True Ending with no guide help. I'm thankful that they made the ending choices clear this time, because it was kinda bullshit in P4 IIRC.

Aeana

Isn't this group 100% SP and HP heal? It's like the most important healing item in the game.

Don't do this to me. I remember using all of my somas fighting Persona 3's final boss and I sill died...

It's so good and rare enough that a lot of people will probably never use it. Like megalixirs in FF. Meanwhile, selling one for 50k, especially early on (i.e. the one you get from the DLC), is a massive boost.

Auctopus

The whole Ann (Dungeon 2/Late May)
getting naked is kinda weird due to the way the group handles it/jokes about it. I feel it would be less weird if the joke was on Yusuke but I feel like it's constantly on Ann
which is sort of creepy.

Don't do this to me. I remember using all of my somas fighting Persona 3's final boss and I sill died...

Well, every once in a blue dedicate your time to making coffee.. but most importantly max out this SL
Takemi
she will come in handy.

HOLY SHIT I just got a gift from the Persona gods. I was absolutely certain that I missed out on the Max Confidants trophy. The game is winding down and I just needed one more session with
Yusuke, and the game actually allowed me to do so after Finals

So that means I did it, I think. True Ending with no guide help. I'm thankful that they made the ending choices clear this time, because it was kinda bullshit in P4 IIRC.

Obtaining the true ending is just a matter of common sense this time around, there's no special requierements.

I CAN'T. STOP. WATCHING. THIS.

So fucking funny and so incredibly done. I am impressed as hell.

Confirmed: you must replace an old Persona with a new one if you want the new one added to the compendium. Even though the mask animation plays and Morgana comments about your new acquisition, it won't be there in the Velvet Room if you release it.

Bummer. Means I gotta pay the withdrawal price for every s.link. -_-

What does this mean? I see people quoting it but I just can't parse the meaning. Do you mean if you negotiate a Persona that you already had but eventually fused away or something?

Do you guys know the name of the song used in dungeons when you're gonna steal the Treasure? (After sending the calling card). It's soooo good

Oooooo baby do I have something for you...

They're highschool students. You can't exactly go the Bioware route y'know.

Also maxing Confidant ranks, romance or no romance, gives you very beneficial abilities.

They're school students that can fuck adults (Temperance confidant reveal:
and hire their teacher as a prostitute
. It's already way more messed up than Bioware games, hahaha.

The whole Ann (Dungeon 2/Late May)
getting naked is kinda weird due to the way the group handles it/jokes about it. I feel it would be less weird if the joke was on Yusuke but I feel like it's constantly on Ann
which is sort of creepy.

Yeah, I really didn't like that part of the game at all. Not a good way to introduce a new party member. I still haven't used
Yusuke
once in battle, he's a creep.

Isn't this group 100% SP and HP heal? It's like the most important healing item in the game.

Yeah, but early game 50k is way more important than 1 soma. I needed the cash bad.

FluxWaveZ

I wish the Fusion chart was actually somewhere in-game, particularly in the Velvet Room section. At least the digital manual has it; I can't memorize which arcanas I need to fuse to get what I want.

Ryan_

30 hours in and it's one of the best games I ever played but holy shit, does Ryuji get annoying over the course of the game. I'm at the point where I roll my eyes at 90% he says.

Giolon

I'm looking for some advice. This is only my second game, the first being P3P which I may have played on Easy (I don't remember since I was a while ago). I'm playing on Normal and I'm kind of getting my butt kicked in the first palace once I make it upstairs. All of a sudden enemies are 10-16 and I'm 8. I'm trying to exploit enemy weaknesses as much as possible, but I'm running super low on SP real fast.

How many trips to the dungeon should I expect it to take to get through?

Armor and weapons are very expensive. Is this the type of game it's worth spending most of my money on them or should I expect to find what I need in dungeons?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
So I've never really played a Persona-type game, or heck even a JRPG since FFX I think (OK technically I played a few hours of P4G on Vita but got so bored of the extended tutorial that I bailed).

I'm about 12 hours in on this one and still at the first palace but realizing I probably fucked up. For most of my time up to this point I was talking to enemies and just nabbing items and Personas. Apparently you're not really supposed to do this early on. Also I wasn't switching Personas when doing relationship stuff. Have been trying to follow all the tutorial stuff that's interspersed throughout but somehow missed this. Also didn't realize how important SP is compared to HP and blew all my money on HP stuff before going in. So pretty much every rookie mistake you could make I guess and now I just feel underprepared for this dungeon. I mean I'm most of the way through but a lot of the enemies now are red and I feel like to salvage anything I'll have to probably bail out one more time just to regen my SP, which per reading some guides now feel like it will just be a downward spiral.

Semi-grumble I guess, but I had so much fun with hours 5-12 that I don't dread it too much. I guess the tough part for me is finding that balance between learning basic and intermediate info about the systems (especially as a newcomer) without just going step-by-step through a guide (which I don't want to do). It's a tough balance though because more so than many RPGs this feels like one where if you seriously screw up efficiency-wise on your choices, there's just no coming back other than bumping down the difficulty I guess. There's no like -- OK I fucked up let me go level for five hours. Seems like you just have to start from scratch (or your save point where you started messing up if you have one) and just make better decisions. It's cool but also scary. :p

Gator86

Like 30 hours in now and Ryuji is a trash character. I'm tired of him just yelling all the time. Least favorite Persona dude bestie so far. Shut the fuck up, Ryugi.

Weiss

Banned
Ending question ahoy.

Can you get New Game Plus and carry everything over off the Bad Ending? I actually do want to see it first hand.

Also how high do I need my attributes to get all Confidants?

One of the additions to the game that I LOVE. Is the ability to travel the palace and get to the velvet room so easily. I feel like it wasn't as easy in 3 or 4. But it makes fusing persona's really easy.

Xeteh

It's so good and rare enough that a lot of people will probably never use it. Like megalixirs in FF. Meanwhile, selling one for 50k, especially early on (i.e. the one you get from the DLC), is a massive boost.

Yeah, people have been acting like the Soma is some sacred item that you're going to need endgame. If your party and personas are built well, it shouldn't be an issue at all.

GSR

Ending question ahoy.

Can you get New Game Plus and carry everything over off the Bad Ending? I actually do want to see it first hand.

Also how high do I need my attributes to get all Confidants?

In response to your spoiler:
yes, I believe so, but bear in mind you don't carry everything to a NGP. I think you actually miss on a bunch of stuff you would get from the good ending, but you still carry over your compendium and can do the second-run boss?

You will eventually need all attributes maxed.

Ryan_

Like 30 hours in now and Ryuji is a trash character. I'm tired of him just yelling all the time. Least favorite Persona dude bestie so far. Shut the fuck up, Ryugi.

I feel exactly the same, he's dumb and obnoxious. I just got Makoto on the team and I'm really liking her character and voice actor tho.

Gator86

I feel exactly the same, he's dumb and obnoxious. I just got Makoto on the team and I'm really liking her character and voice actor tho.

He's fucking insufferable. I need more characters on my team to give him less screen time in cutscenes and such.

Hikami

Yeah, he starts off great but gets pretty annoying as time goes on. There's still time for him to change though I guess, 40 hours in here.

Hi guys!

This is my first time playing a Persona game and I'm already loving it so far. I would even say I'm having more fun playing it than I had while playing Breath of the Wild and Horizon. The game is just that good!

I'm playing on normal for my first playthrough and I'm not following any guide since I'd like to discover most stuff by myself. However, I'm scared to miss on any important things while playing it my own way. Is there anything I should keep an eye on?

Thank you!

Nope. Play how you want! Focus on what you want, ignore what you don't like. Don't be a completionist, it'll just stress you out.

Gator86

Yeah, he starts off great but gets pretty annoying as time goes on. There's still time for him to change though I guess, 40 hours in here.

Yeah, I'm hoping he chills out because I'm already done with him and his dumb outbursts over literally everything all the time.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Register them in the compendium to make sure you have them. Like the Pokedex but you can buy them back if you fuse them or delete them to make room in your current party.

I dont see that option anyware?

silva1991

Yeah, but early game 50k is way more important than 1 soma. I needed the cash bad.

I didn't know it's sold for that much Oo

still though. In my eyes, soma is the protagonist's palace treasure :p

sappyday

Does the game does the same thing like in P4 where if you have a persona of the same arcana as your social link equipped it'll deepen the bond whenever you hang out with them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom