• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyunkel6

Do the locked chests contain random powerful items, and do they disappear when I defeat the palace's boss?

I'm planning on defeating the boss and then come back as I create more lockpicks.

Kinsei

Banned
Do the locked chests contain random powerful items, and do they disappear when I defeat the palace's boss?

I'm planning on defeating the boss and then come back as I create more lockpicks.

Yes and yes. You can't reenter a palace after you beat the boss.

Question:
So if the inner monologue speech bubble tells me that my bond with a confidant won't progress just yet I should do something else with my day, yeah? They'll unlock periodically with the story?
I'm just a little worried, because story critical Igor is at rank 5, and Mishima is all the way up at rank 6, most of my OG crew are still at rank 3 though, and I'm just in the third palace.
To reiterate, should I be engaging with confidants more regularly, or only when prompted that it'll actually progress the bond?

Think of your confidant interactions as increasing an invisible meter. It'll still move the meter even if you don't get the bond progression. And just in case you didn't know, having a Persona in your current masks that is the same alignment as the confidant will provide a progression boost when you hang out with them.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I'm in mid-September already. Can't stop. Send help. Steal my heart and give me self control.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Are there any activities that are a total trap? Like, they seem good but they're a waste of time?

FluxWaveZ

I just go attacked by a Shadow, got surrounded and the enemy was about to beat me up when (party member ability spoiler)
Futaba used her "Position Hack" ability to change the cognition and instead make my team Hold Up the enemies.
It was a really cool moment.

I'm convinced they made the Mementos music awful so you wouldn't want to spend more time there than you have to.

I like the Mementos music, though.

OrionX

Wow, I thought people were exaggerating about Morgana... I like the cat more than Teddie, but at least Teddie didn't try to micromanage every single aspect of the protagonist's life!!

Also knowledge is way too hard to level up. I couldn't get smart in time for the first exam. ;_;

You can infer it by looking at the inherited skills, I guess, but fusion results are determined by their levels and arcanas. There must be a couple fusion charts online if you search, personally I've never learned the combinations because it's just too much info, but it's definitely not random and I guess you can use that for this.

The fusion chart is in the manual.
does anyone have that picture with what the demons like in conversations?

This is in the manual too (pg 44 I think).

Dantis

I don't really care about social or political commentary from the game. However there is one thing P5 just did absolutely best. Regarding the theme of the game

So many games want to portray the internet age and media power but it's fascinating to me that P5 is the first one to give me real chills and this is a high school drama for gods sake. The support rate bar is such a fantastic idea. The hive mind of the public, the hyperbole, the pettiness and mindlessness. Just amazing stuff.

Interesting that you think this. I felt like the emphasis placed on it was really forced. I just didn't understand why I was meant to care.

So I unlocked the ability to go to
menetos
but my question is that

Can I hold off on it? Morgana keeps reminding me from time to time to go in but
I rather get a bunch of request and go all at once
to use my time efficiently. Are there deadlines to them?

I'm in early June.

Hyunkel6

They will disappear if you defeat the boss, yeah.

I've found great equipment in locked chests from even the first dungeon, so I wouldn't recommend skipping them personally.

Yes and yes. You can't reenter a palace after you beat the boss.
Ugh, should have focused on creating lockpicks.

I still have 9-10 more days left to finish the first dungeon. Are there any benefits in finishing it early? If not, I'll just create lockpicks for the next few days and then open all the chests in one infiltration before going for the boss.

So I unlocked the ability to go to
menetos
but my question is that

Can I hold off on it? Morgana keeps reminding me from time to time to go in but
I rather get a bunch of request and go all at once
to use my time efficiently. Are there deadlines to them?

I'm in early June.

The sooner you do it the better off you are, and you will be properly leveled for dungeons.

Kinsei

Banned
Bought this and wanna boot it up. Im completely new to the series. Any tips?

Don't worry about missing things. You are most likely not going to get everything on your first playthrough and that's okay.

Always be fusing. Personas get outclassed very quickly so it's best to fuse every time you gain 2-3 levels.

This isn't Pokemon. There's no need to hold onto your starter persona.

So far, so good. There may be a little less freedom than in Persona 3, but the amount of things you can do in your spare time has increased. Minor bugbear, are there social clubs at any point? Early June and still not seen the option to join any. Though I'm assuming that the MC's bad reputation has something to do with it.

The Palaces are smaller, but at the same time much more interesting to explore. Never feels like a slog -- there's Mementos for that, and even then it has stronger vibes than Tartarus. Reminds me more of the Labyrinth of Amala than anything.

Also glad it's not pandered to SJWs in any way, shape, or form.

Bought this and wanna boot it up. Im completely new to the series. Any tips?

Don't worry about missing things. You are most likely not going to get everything on your first playthrough and that's okay.

Always be fusing. Personas get outclassed very quickly so it's best to fuse every time you gain 2-3 levels.

This isn't Pokemon. There's no need to hold onto your starter persona.

In addition to that Kotaku has a nice article up with beginners tips.

Opa-Pa

Yosuke from P4, not Yusuke.

---
God this maid shit is so creepy.

Yeah I'm glad they went for the funny route instead of making it strictly sexual, but still... So bad. It's so hard to recommend these games to friends because of shit like this.

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
Do you guys capture or kill the ( mid 2nd dungeon spoilers sort of?)
empresses and the diamonds? What's more valuable

Delio

Def gotta agree with this. He was much better than Yosuke and Junpei at the beginning, but now his constant yelling and obnoxiousness is starting to get grating and he's fallen down to the other two's level. They've always been more or less my least favorite characters in these games, so I'm not surprised.

Shut the fuck up and chill out Ryuji

Yeah i dont get it. He's constantly yelling or getting mad and just plain doing stupid stuff. His constant talking about things he shouldnt out in public is also annoying.

Moaradin

The dub for this game is really good so far. Only getting to the second dungeon now, but all the main characters have been great. Definitely stronger than the P3 and P4 dub up to this point.

FluxWaveZ

The Level 10 Temperance Confidant ability is great. Definitely recommend getting it as soon as you can.

(Ability spoiler):
It's nice to not worry about wasting a whole day when you go into the Metaverse anymore.

Megasoum

Banned
So this is my first Persona game and I just want to make sure I understand the game's structure...

So I'm at the point where I got my first "mission" with a dealdine to finish the first palace.

So the idea is to go in as deep as you can in the palace until you get to low on stats. You then find the closest safe room, you port out and rest to regain your stats?

You go back to the palace the next day and rince and repeat until it's done (hopefully before the deadline).

Also in the days when you get out to rest you also use that time to go buy items, fuse personas, get your skills up, etc?

Man... I understand that this is literally the foundation of the franchise but the whole time aspect of the game is not really my thing. It stresses me out when I get timelines to do stuff lol... One of the reason I didn't play Majora's Mask for yeaaars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom