• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
While I'm still early in the game, coming from playing Nioh, the character physics and controls don't feel very satisfying to me. Like at all. The camera view constantly resetting/moving is a negative as well, instead of giving me full control of the view.

It's frustrating to me because it's standing between me and full immersion.

Akim

Banned
Anyone know the cheapest place to buy this digitally? Or am I stuck paying $60? I was going to order it from Amazon but I'd rather not wait.

Your average teenage boy's ideas and way of seeing women can be quite creepy tho, and playing it for laughs helps to maintain the idea that there's nothing wrong with it.

Then maybe it's just typical harmless behaviour and there's nothing wrong with it. They enjoy the company of a cute maid, so what?

Same in how Yosuke's homophobia in P4 is technically very realistic, but he never gets any shit for it so the game is telling you that it's fine and even funny. It sucks.

Anyone that impressionable probably shouldn't be playing the game anyway. I'm bi and I didn't find any problems with it

Lusankya

Is it worth paying 100000 to that fortune teller?

Yeah, otherwise you cannot start her Social Link. The perks you get from her are among the best in the game.

At this point a single visit to Mementos to clear a handful of missions will easily net you more than 100k, so it's not as bad as it sounds.

beril

They kinda did though.
She makes it very clear that there are "other services" that she decides not to perform since they were only high school kids.

Yes but then she still does cleaning and shit, and even before that the horny teenagers were talking about making her cook for them; which just makes it weirder while somehow giving the writers an out, and a way to keep it light-hearted and not deal with serious issues.

Also WTF at people excusing it as regular teenage behavior. I'm fairly sure none of my straight friends ordered prostitutes in high school, or a fetish cleaning lady...

R0ckman

Ugh. Second boss is wiping the floor with me on Normal. I may be under leveled or something. I tried twice. I guess I need to grind.

First round kill everything but the right eye, attack buff and heal the whole party, beat the hell out the old man with attack buffed team, rip through peices again and he should be dead after the second merge.

Also WTF at people excusing it as regular teenage behavior. I'm fairly sure none of my straight friends ordered prostitutes in high school, or a fetish cleaning lady...

They didn't know she was a prostitute or a fetish cleaning lady... just an ordinary cleaning lady in a saucy maid outfit.

Maybe not regular teenage behaviour, most don't have the money or the free room. Though you can't deny the fact that it's a typical male fantasy at that age. So, why get "creeped out" by it, seriously?

Chaos17

Omg, CHIll people about the Maid event please. This rated for 16+ for god sake!!! You're like you just saw some hentai .(~_~;)
There's darker themes in this game yet it is this one which shock you the most ??

Opa-Pa

Lmao, just found this:

C8xnF4ZXkAURUyr.jpg

Rixxan

Fucking annoying renting dvds and getting propelled forward through time not being able to watch or return them on time

beril

They didn't know she was a prostitute or a fetish cleaning lady... just an ordinary cleaning lady in a saucy maid outfit.

Maybe not regular teenage behaviour, most don't have the money or the free room. Though you can't deny the fact that it's a typical male fantasy at that age. So, why get "creeped out" by it, seriously?

No teenager gets that excited by household services. They were clearly expecting something sexual

Ugh. Second boss is wiping the floor with me on Normal. I may be under leveled or something. I tried twice. I guess I need to grind.

Persona selection will help too. I don't remember which I had specifically, but
I would cast Rebellion (crit up for 3 turns) on Ryuji and have him use Rampage (all targets) to clear out the eyes and nose. Ann for backup heals and Morgana with Media, which really helped out a ton. Then, defense down from Main character, repeat as needed; element spells on the mouth. If he reassembles after his human form and uses the 'weak to all elements' status on a character, have that character guard.
That's how I did it, anyway.

Becky talk

No teenager gets that excited by household services. They were clearly expecting something sexual

Yeah I can't think of a teenage boy who doesn't expect something more than just mopping with a saucy costume on when they break into a vacant apartment to hide their tracks, freak out over calling the place, then get super nervous and rush off when she arrives. It's pretty clear what they expected.

Yeah, otherwise you cannot start her Social Link. The perks you get from her are among the best in the game.

At this point a single visit to Mementos to clear a handful of missions will easily net you more than 100k, so it's not as bad as it sounds.

I keep hearing this every time I find a new confidant! I can't keep up with all these tomodachi.

So can somebody explain to me how the fortune arcana works?

You pay 5000 yens to get one of your stats evolve more quickly on the same day.... tried it with kindness, with a job and the plant, but it didn't change anything, still got the same amount of point anyway! So how does that work?

thanks

Lmao, just found this:

C8xnF4ZXkAURUyr.jpg

what am i supposed to see here?

Opa-Pa

Then maybe it's just typical harmless behaviour and there's nothing wrong with it. They enjoy the company of a cute maid, so what?

Both Ryuji and specially Mishima put a lot of emphasis in how she will do "anything" as part of her service, they very much know what her "other services" entail and are probably hiring specifically because of that. It's fine if you don't mind this, but I don't get the point in pretending they just wanted to chill with a maid.

bryt

So can somebody explain to me how the fortune arcana works?

You pay 5000 yens to get one of your stats evolve more quickly on the same day.... tried it with kindness, with a job and the plant, but it didn't change anything, still got the same amount of point anyway! So how does that work?

thanks

what am i supposed to see here?

Cash for some 420 maybe?

Just finished the first palace. I had no idea about the calling card mechanic and I had 2 days left. Thankfully, it all worked out. I wasted 2 days making lockpicks before that but managed to get all chests and finish it on time.

I'm still kind of overwhelmed with all the stuff available. I'm reading books and studying because that's what I did in P4G.

Velcro Fly

I'm in a position where I can take on the first palace.

I got so much anxiety from P4G that I waited months before starting on a max social link and book reading run.

Not going to do that here. Just going to press on and enjoy the story and replay the game later for trophies.

Finished the 1st palace and have been following a guide. I wanted to max all confidants because I won't be replaying this anytime soon. But following a guide to the letter, looking at what I have to do everyday and every answer I have to give, makes playing a game kind of moot. So I'm giving up the guide and just doing whatever. Makes the game way too boring otherwise.

Okay, apparently I've missed something because my Kindness is still at rank 2. Everything else is at rank 3 except for Knowledge, which is at 4.

How the hell do I raise Kindness? I know I get some from Sojoro and from raising the plant or watching movies/reading books/DVDs. Is there something else I'm missing?

Oh, you can fucking get right out of here with that shit.

People voicing their opinion is somehow wrong?

In a world where we are so adamant about being open, being open to the expression of opposite opinions surely should be welcomed. Otherwise we're nothing but hypocrites in a echo-chamber.

Personally Im also cool with the game daring to take sort of a controversial stances in narrative, it feels somewhat contrarian in a - to me - refreshing way.

Xeteh

Okay, apparently I've missed something because my Kindness is still at rank 2. Everything else is at rank 3 except for Knowledge, which is at 4.

How the hell do I raise Kindness? I know I get some from Sojoro and from raising the plant or watching movies/reading books/DVDs. Is there something else I'm missing?

Working at the flower shop in Shibuya.

You can raise kindness by working at the flower shop if I recall correctly.

Both Ryuji and specially Mishima put a lot of emphasis in how she will do "anything" as part of her service, they very much know what her "other services" entail and are probably hiring specifically because of that. It's fine if you don't mind this, but I don't get the point in pretending they just wanted to chill with a maid.

They obviously intended to perv on her, but I really don't think they were expecting too much more. But whether that's true or not, yeah. I don't think any of it is wrong or creepy, just a normal fantasy that I probably would have entertained if I had the money and the spare room at that age. So why are we supposed to get offended by this exactly?

Yeah they definitely thought it was sexual, there is no debating that. The game makes it very clear. Of course they can't handle it when it actually becomes real. Not something I would've done as a teenager, but not something I would be surprised to find out a teenage boy thought was a good idea, and then realized at the last minute it was actually a terrible one. Teenagers are bad at weighing the consequences of their actions.

Oh, you can fucking get right out of here with that shit.

Lol they're allowed to have an opinion too you know.

Regarding the
maid
discussion above:
Yeah it's obvious they were expecting something sexual. Is it creepy, sure, but it's also entirely believable behaviour for high school boys to try to get a stripper then freak out when they think one is actually coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom