• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.
K. I'm a female so I guess I don't know... just seems creepyish to me.
As a guy, it seemed creepy to me first as well until she showed up and they got scared and realized it was a bad idea and couldn't go through with it. That is dumb teenage behavior, not fully thinking through their actions.

Get'sMad

Can I not do any crafting in my room once I've already gone into a dungeon (I'm only on the first one)? I wanna make some dang lock picks to open those locked chests before I finish it up but I keep getting sent right to the next day once I go back to the cafe after school.

edit: never mind...just had to skip something.

Jintor

Yes but then she still does cleaning and shit, and even before that the horny teenagers were talking about making her cook for them; which just makes it weirder while somehow giving the writers an out, and a way to keep it light-hearted and not deal with serious issues.

Also WTF at people excusing it as regular teenage behavior. I'm fairly sure none of my straight friends ordered prostitutes in high school, or a fetish cleaning lady...

Honestly dude, you just weren't hanging out with the right crowd. I can easily imagine some of my friend groups doing that shit.

Teenagers are dumbasses

Chaos17

That feeling when you beat the second dungeon and realise you still have 18 free days till the deadline

giphy.gif
First time 8n a Persona that I adopt that strategy , that's just show how restrictive it is.

crazyprac

Lol first palace second mini boss... I shouldve expected it but that still caught me off surprise. I'm like "it can't be...Oh it is".

Okay, I'm done with the OT until I finish the game. Y'all are ruining the surprises with all the casual discussion of spoiler material. There's a lot of people who aren't as far along in the game as you.

So can somebody explain to me how the fortune arcana works (Rank 1)?

You pay 5000 yens to get one of your stats evolve more quickly on the same day.... tried it with kindness, with a job and the plant, but it didn't change anything, still got the same amount of point anyway! So how does that work?

thanks

silva1991

I just realized that garu after agi immediately result to a bonus technical damage.

I don't remember reading about this in any tutorial.

Okay, I'm done with the OT until I finish the game. Y'all are ruining the surprises with all the casual discussion of spoiler material. There's a lot of people who aren't as far along in the game as you.

My bad, went back and spoilered my posts. Sorry for causing any issues with spoilers.

Jintor

I hate this fucking line so much.

Does anyone know what he said in Japanese? It sounded to my English ears like "It's showtime!". But that wouldn't make sense. Because it's in Japanese.

イッツ ショータイムだ

i dunno

Spinluck

Does anyone know what he said in Japanese? It sounded to my English ears like "It's showtime!". But that wouldn't make sense. Because it's in Japanese.

I don't mind the dub for the most part. Overall it's well done.

I think I'm gonna go with the Japanese voices in my second playthrough to add another layer of freshness.

Dantis

I don't mind the dub for the most part. Overall it's well done.

I think I'm gonna go with the Japanese voices in my second playthrough to add another layer of freshness.
Broadly speaking, I agree.

The actors do a consistently solid job, but some of the writing is a bit wonky.

Ok I can't find anywhere what some accessories do. There's the underground mall of course filled with stuff that you can't see stats for and then there's the street vendor who has more gear. Anyone know of a site that shows the stats for these items?

I can't find what the belts at the Street Vendor do at all.

"Shoutai wo miseru yo" which is basically "show me your true form."

I've also heard him say "abaita" which looks to be a conjugated form of "abaku", to expose. I suck with conjugation but like "You're exposed" or something maybe.

Totakeke

How do people feel about the limited ammo gun mechanics so far?

do people actually use guns for damage? i just use it for weakpoints and haven't even upgraded or bought any new ones.

They can do quite a lot of plain damage if you have the best ones with you.

Alucrid

Banned
Is there any reason to negotiate for money or items? Or once you have a persona should I just always all out attack for the exp?

you can get a lot of money from negotiations. i've gotten 18k from some mid game

How do people feel about the limited ammo gun mechanics so far?

They can do quite a lot of plain damage if you have the best ones with you.

i just haven't seen the need since they're easy enough to finish once downed.

Xeteh

Is there any reason to negotiate for money or items? Or once you have a persona should I just always all out attack for the exp?

Once you gain a few perks from a couple S.Links you gain an insane amount of yen from negotiating. Early on I just went for the exp, though.

Nobody knows for the Fortune Arcana (question still on this page)? Searched everywhere, google, gamefaqs, posted there too, and nobody answer :(

yes, and the more luck you have with your persona, the more money you'll get! You can also gain a lot of money by confusing the ennemies (pulinpa or tentarofoo skills)

Tunoku

Question about the Temperance Confidant(Rank 3):

Rank 3 let's you make Kawakami do laundry and make coffe, but how? I call her on Fr/Sa and she comes to me but there was no moment where I could ask her about that. I went to the laundromat and Morgana mention possibly asking Kawakami to do it, but there is no prompt there either

Hikami

Rank 3 let's you make Kawakami do laundry and make coffe, but how? I call her on Fr/Sa and she comes to me but there was no moment where I could ask her about that. I went to the laundromat and Morgana mention possibly asking Kawakami to do it, but there is no prompt there either

Only works at night. Just try to brew coffee/do laundry at night and you'll get an option to call her instead.

Squishy3

You do the things and then it'll bring it up and you can say yes to her helping or do it yourself. For coffee/curry making though, if it's a day that Sojiro is there and you can hang out with him, you won't be able to do it if you call her to make coffee/curry. And yeah, it's only at night as above says.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom