• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kinsei

Banned
Just because I haven't gotten to that point yet I'm confuse because I feel like you spoiled something without spoiling something at the same time. (Concerning your last couple of post)

Can I ask that you use spoiler tags for your future discussions for rank 10 links?

There's also a confidant thread and spoiler thread. I had this long post with not so nice things in it before I calmed down and realised what I wrote in my first paragraph.

They didn't spoil anything.

LiK

I was pretty happy I managed to grab a Take Your Heart Edition from Best Buy after release. I saw it on the shelf and nabbed it. First Persona Game. Some of the songs seem to be missing from the CD though? Or am I crazy.

Yea, which is why I wanna buy the OST.

Shouta

Really? I kinda ditched him but now I think I will use him more often.

Yeah, generally speaking. Based on progression
Yusuke generally learns more powerful skills earlier than Ryuji does. For quite awhile in the middle levels, he's just a better attack until Ryuji learns a bunch of late game skills and finally gets Charge like the big physical attacker he is. Yusuke becomes a bit more of a finesse character towards the end as a result along with having higher survivability than Ryuji.

Really cool thing Yusuke can do is to hit an enemy with Bufu to freeze them and then get the technical by hitting them with an attack afterwards, something that's not great for Ryuji because of the way the static/paralyze effect works in the game.

I personally used Yusuke for the end of my game because I had built the MC until a power house attack with Charge so I didn't need Ryuji doing something redundant, lol

Axado

Neo Member
So stupid question but where do I go to enter an memento? I have entered once before (I have unlocked the second hideout location) but when I fast travel to the hideout I do not get the option to enter the memento world...

I forget, what is the benefit of aceing your exams? Do you get extra stat points or anything?

I got all the actual choices right, but that final day I still got one of the bad responses.

Saprol

Soooo why don't I have the emperor arcana yet?
The personas or the confidant? I don't think you can lock yourself out of that.

I forget, what is the benefit of aceing your exams? Do you get extra stat points or anything?

I got all the actual choices right, but that final day I still got one of the bad responses.
Additional stats. Finishing top ten in the second exams gave me +3 charm.

(Sorry to double post but didn't want this to get buried since I was answering a question.)

Ann is the worst actor ever.

But, like, I'm totally into you. And junk. Or whatever. Let's be alone and stuff?

I assume you mean the character, not her actress? She seems fine to me.

Am I the only one?

Honestly I haven't played nearly enough to judge the game fully, but I can say that the running around doesn't feel perfect. Then again I don't really mind too much, as it is not a game that requires precision nearly as much as say Nier or Nioh. Comparing the controls and "game feel" of a hyper fast paced action RPG to a turn based one will usually make the latter's stick out a bit, I only hope it isn't too much to overlook for you, as that'd suck otherwise. The camera isn't perfect either, but I think it works well for the most part. I like it being behind the MC's back more often than in past Persona games, makes the world seem more expansive/immersive despite the horribly low resolution signs, lol.

Edit:

Honestly, I'm just not finding some of the mole hill uproar about the localization. The writing and VA is fantastic less a few clunkers.

I'm always glad to see impressions such as these. I've only played about 2 hours and so don't have enough experience with the game to judge, but even the somewhat questionable phrases feel fine in the moment, the VA sells it. I still wish that Atlus JP didn't enforce incorrect pronunciations of Sakamoto, Shibuya and others, but considering dubs can often have those issues, I can overlook it. Prefer English over Japanese because the game doesn't subtitle everything, if they did I'd consider choosing Japanese for my first playthrough but I can't stand insufficient subtitling. Hopefully they can at least patch that it, as it'd be much easier than reworking some of the weirder lines.

FHIZ

Is it just me or do the social stats take forever to level up? I'm on 5/16 and not a single one has leveled up. Trying to balance social links when I'm able and stat boosts, but not a single one seems to be budging.

It's annoying because one of the biggest tips has been get deep into Tae's social link as soon as you can, but I can't seem to progress it until my guts levels up and the best I can seem to get is a one point increase here and there. Same goes for Ann too, I guess.

...doesn't help that it feels like the game is constantly taking time slots away from me. Screw you Morgana, I'll sleep when I want!

So is there a point in buying gun upgrades? Unlike weapons I assume they don't affect physical skills. I feel like I get better mileage out of weapons/armor.

Zafir

That dungeon took forever my least favorite one.

Yeah, I'm in it atm.

People in the safe room are saying I'm only half way through and I feel like I've been in it an absolute age. X.x

SP isn't an issue so the only reason to leave is to save my sanity by not doing it in one go....

Nah, not referring to her VAs, but in-game.

Alright, that's what I thought based on the context from the other poster but wanted to be sure, thanks for the clarification. Nice avatar by the way, I'd switch to a Nier or Nier Automata one since they are the two games I've played most recently, but I don't want to give up this BotW one (despite it being a little alias-y and having not yet gotten around to BotW, lol).

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
(6/11)

Ann: What are we gonna do about him?
MC:
Just sleep here.

MC-kun is savage.

Yeah, I'm in it atm.

People in the safe room are saying I'm only half way through and I feel like I've been in it an absolute age. X.x

SP isn't an issue so the only reason to leave is to save my sanity by not doing it in one go....

Try not to get greedy I lost a couple of hours by pushing it, i would always say "just a bit more" lol

(6/11)

Ann: What are we gonna do about him?
MC:
Just sleep here.

MC-kun is savage.

MC is quite snarky.

Saprol

I've spent so much time in the past few palaces ending fights through demanding money that I actually need to stop so I can get drops to craft tools. I want so much yen to do dumb fusions.

Zafir

Try not to get greedy I lost a couple of hours by pushing it, i would always say "just a bit more" lol

I have the SP accessories which means I'm still at like 70%, so I'm still all right for now. I guess we'll see though.

I may end up just stopping just because I'm just kind of bored of the dungeon and need a break mentally.

It wouldn't be so bad but it's a case of them over using gimmicks.
Finding the right captain was interesting the first time, alright the second time, and you're just sick of it by the third. Using the consoles to destroy arms/putting the pressers on lunch mode is interesting the first times you do it but you just get sick of it.

Perineum

I'm pretty damn triggered for my dumbass trying to use the Eurogamer and GameFAQs guide for this game.

While they are good, and spoiler free, they fall apart and have tons of mistakes the second you hit May.

Like the two biggest mistakes I have found is leveling Death and leveling with Ann are completely fucked.

Also, it seems to have screwed me on my exams? Got all the correct answers, and then when the day came to see your results Morgana said nothing special about mine. Towards the end of the exam I apparently didn't finish in time and it all got fucked? What?

As for the death, it is always 1 level behind what the guide is showing now, and Ann on 5/24 we are supposed to hang out with me answering a series of questions in a correct manner for her, but of the 3 places I can take her, none of them lead to a series of questions, and so I can't get her to rank 4 here even though the guides are saying you will get her to rank 4.

Welp I am probably royally fucked on getting most things max first time through. I so shouldn't have taken the reddit recommendation to follow those. Ugh.

Toki767

I'm pretty damn triggered for my dumbass trying to use the Eurogamer and GameFAQs guide for this game.

While they are good, and spoiler free, they fall apart and have tons of mistakes the second you hit May.

Like the two biggest mistakes I have found is leveling Death and leveling with Ann are completely fucked.

Also, it seems to have screwed me on my exams? Got all the correct answers, and then when the day came to see your results Morgana said nothing special about mine. Towards the end of the exam I apparently didn't finish in time and it all got fucked? What?

As for the death, it is always 1 level behind what the guide is showing now, and Ann on 5/24 we are supposed to hang out with me answering a series of questions in a correct manner for her, but of the 3 places I can take her, none of them lead to a series of questions, and so I can't get her to rank 4 here even though the guides are saying you will get her to rank 4.

Welp I am probably royally fucked on getting most things max first time through. I so shouldn't have taken the reddit recommendation to follow those. Ugh.
Those FAQs I imagine require you to have the appropriate personas when you talk to the characters in order to get the maximum amount of points.

Perineum

Those FAQs I imagine require you to have the appropriate personas when you talk to the characters in order to get the maximum amount of points.

Fantastic. Didn't see that in any of the notations. I mean for the coffee stuff it does say Hierophant required, which I always kept it on, but Eurogamer's doesn't mention it.

Whatever, I guess I'll just play the rest of the game however I want, and then when I complete check youtube for whatever I missed. Blah.

Zafir

I was at level 2 knowledge for the first set of exams and only got above average. I feel like getting anything better than that would be pretty tough without focusing a lot on knowledge or doing it on NG+.

Opa-Pa

What's hilarious about Sojiro is that while, yes, I assumed he'd get friendlier with the time, he's a major asshole to you for a good portion of the game despite admitting to Ann that
he took you in because you remind him of himself lol. Way to treat your reflection, man.

Fantastic. Didn't see that in any of the notations. I mean for the coffee stuff it does say Hierophant required, which I always kept it on, but Eurogamer's doesn't mention it.

Whatever, I guess I'll just play the rest of the game however I want, and then when I complete check youtube for whatever I missed. Blah.

If you're talking about the GameFAQs one it has a whole intro section that alerts you to how and what you should be doing when you follow the guide.

Hikami

Do I have to do anything special to get Temperance from 9 to 10?

Not coming over when I call her. Well, besides for the housekeeping stuff. I'm in summer break too so maybe that's it? Do I have to talk to her at school?

Zafir

Do I have to do anything special to get Temperance from 9 to 10?

Not coming over when I call her. Well, besides for the housekeeping stuff.

After I hit rank 9, I eventually got a text from her. She came over and I got the rank 10.

Im very new to the persona series. Are there certain personas that i should keep and level up, or do i just keep doing fusions? Im still early in the game, just finished the gym teacher castle. Also, im limitd on lock picks, are there specific chest i should unlock, or just use the lockpicks at any locked chest? Thanks

Xeteh

You can't ace the exams on the first playthrough, maybe the last one, because that last day for each exam is a knowledge check. You can answer all of the questions right and still do poorly because your knowledge is low.

Im very new to the persona series. Are there certain personas that i should keep and level up, or do i just keep doing fusions? Im still early in the game, just finished the gym teacher castle. Also, im limitd on lock picks, are there specific chest i should unlock, or just use the lockpicks at any locked chest? Thanks

Keep fusing, personas don't stay useful for long stretches.

Toki767

Treat most persona as fusion fodder.

Why didn't you actually read the guide? Lol. But if you start carrying the correct Arcanas now you might be able to still max them all out. I missed a few meetings with them and still did it in the end.

nOoblet16

I've made up my mind, I'm going to date Tae.

I was pretty happy I managed to grab a Take Your Heart Edition from Best Buy after release. I saw it on the shelf and nabbed it. First Persona Game. Some of the songs seem to be missing from the CD though? Or am I crazy.
I don't get this, why do so many games release special edition with POST but not include all the tracks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom