• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opa-Pa

Im very new to the persona series. Are there certain personas that i should keep and level up, or do i just keep doing fusions? Im still early in the game, just finished the gym teacher castle. Also, im limitd on lock picks, are there specific chest i should unlock, or just use the lockpicks at any locked chest? Thanks

Fuse away unless none of the results give you better personas than the ones you're fusing and/or you have good skills left to unlock.

Most locked treasures are worth it so I say try to keep a good stuck of lockpics. What I do is leave a couple chests unopened until after making it to the dungeon boss, and making lockpics the nights before tackling said boss.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
33 and 32 years old reactions after first 5 hours of persona 5 .
not even kidding,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qn3GlptZRHI

I cared i REALLY cared.
after opinions , memories boy and girl memories i was stoked .

i can't believe an old game wil ever ever ever tell me the shit i have seen in 30 min of persona

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Regarding Fortune Teller
Do I really need 100k Yen to unlock her as confidant?

First palace spoilers (near the end) any advice?

I just got the two eyes for the bridge with the scythe things, and saved at the nearby safe room.
I have not used the eyes yet. My team is pretty low on SP. I'd like to push to the next safe area if possible but don't know how far I am from it. Should I leave and come back another day or keep pushing? I've got items to use to recover SP if necessary, but I'd really rather not.

13ruce

Banned
Guess i will order this game on monday i really want to experience this, i also have persona 4 golden on vita still sealed....wich i bought 2 years ago lol.

Can i start with this one (5) and be fine?

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Guess i will order this game on monday i really want to experience this, i also have persona 4 golden on vita still sealed....wich i bought 2 years ago lol.

Can i start with this one (5) and be fine?
Yes, storywise this game is a fresh start. No need to play the others.

When is casting status ailments worth it?

I mean, for normal shadows the SP needed is just too high for a "chance" of status ailment, and the bosses I've found until now (first dungeon and mementos quest) is somewhat harder to get the status ailments t, so I never cast any of the skills. Am I doing this right?

I found buff/debuff skills very useful for boss fights tho

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member

I mean, for normal shadows the SP needed is just too high for a "chance" of status ailment, and the bosses I've found until now (first dungeon and mementos quest) is somewhat harder to get the status ailments t, so I never cast any of the skills. Am I doing this right?

i sometimes use sleep on much higher levels I stumble into to give me a chance to escape, but even then that's reliant on there only being one. Early on, I haven't seen much use for status effects outside of buffs and debuffs.

Hikami

I use it when the enemy doesn't have a weakness/I can't hit the weakness. Because then you can use psi skills to get a technical hit. (they're effective against mental ailments, it says on their description.)

With the right persona you can inflict them pretty easily though. Like high chance confuse skill + confuse boost skill.

ZangBa

I have a question. I have a locked chest I can't open right now in the 3rd palace, if I send the calling card can I come back during the final part and get the chest before finishing it? I don't want to waste an entire day just going back for the chest itself.

remz

I've run into enemy types that don't have elemental weakness, but are super vulnerable to being slept/confused/whatever. So I think it's for that. You can also make a lot of cash out of confused enemies lol

pixxxelz

Is it just me or is rebellion completely useless in this game? I've used it on ryuji several times (mostly when I'm fighting bosses) and he hasn't landed a single critical hit.

i sometimes use sleep on much higher levels I stumble into to give me a chance to escape, but even then that's reliant on there only being one. Early on, I haven't seen much use for status effects outside of buffs and debuffs.

Yeah, for multiple enemies it doesn't seem that useful...

I use it when the enemy doesn't have a weakness/I can't hit the weakness. Because then you can use psi skills to get a technical hit. (they're effective against mental ailments, it says on their description.)

Where do you get this description? ._.

I've run into enemy types that don't have elemental weakness, but are super vulnerable to being slept/confused/whatever. So I think it's for that. You can also make a lot of cash out of confused enemies lol

HOW?! I'm always running low on money :(

Zafir

I have a question. I have a locked chest I can't open right now in the 3rd palace, if I send the calling card can I come back during the final part and get the chest before finishing it? I don't want to waste an entire day just going back for the chest itself.

Yeah, you can.

The only downside is that the 99% alert can cause enemies to randomly spawn, but it's a minor annoyance.

RDreamer

Yes, but when you come back after a calling card you will be at high alert, so it'll be hard as hell to sneak around and ambush things.

Is there a confirmed list of Personas you can acquire in the first Palace?

I've looked online and the only one I've seen mentions ones that I never saw in my initial run through there and doesn't even list one I fought multiple times. One of the Personas they list as in there is mentioned on another site as just being in Mementos.

It's confusing (and annoying) when you're just wanting to make sure you got every one you could that early on but honestly have no idea if you did.

How's the story, now that people have put more time in? I wasn't expecting visual novel comparisons, so my interest on that aspect is peaked

Is there a dungeon theme that beats both versions of
Price
? Because so far I think it's impossible.

How's the story, now that people have put more time in? I wasn't expecting visual novel comparisons, so my interest on that aspect is peaked
I'm in September and really loving the direction it's going

Strings

Loving the game, but definitely miss turning drops from dungeons into new gear at the shop. It's a weird step back, in that it feels like they had an answer to typical JRPG junk loot, but chose to throw it away.

Mieu

Can you actually switch out party members in safe rooms or do you always have to go to the entrance to do it ?

I don't recall being able to swap in the safe room. I thought you had to go back outside from the saferoom since there quick travel is unlocked upon discovery of a safe room. But correct me if I'm wrong . Lol

Guys don't sell Soma's.

Why wouldn't I if have 4 accessories that
Regenerate SP?

I kept Ann's tentarafoo until the 5th or 6th palace.

If you wish to make things easy fast, you would really have to grind a lot for ¥¥¥ and invest time with an arcana that gives you an SP regen accessory.

Palace 3: Lol almost just died
in the fight where you get Makoto.
. I was level 17 and only my MC survived, after using healing items. Had bad luck with my party getting Frozen.

asagami_

Banned
Man, I really would love initiate the demon negotiation without have to exploit enemies's weakness. But I know why is like this because
it's Persona and not Shin Megami Tensei
it would be really easy to exploit and avoid battles, finishing Palace too fast.

VRMN

Man, I really would love initiate the demon negotiation without have to explot enemies's weakness. But I know why is like this because
it's Persona and not Shin Megami Tensei
it would be really easy to exploit and avoid battles, finishing Palace too fast.
You can... I've done it when it wasn't convenient to target weaknesses, but it's a crapshoot. Get them to severely low health (guns help) and they have a decent chance of begging you for mercy. Shadows in that state are also easy to recruit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom