• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xeteh

So I'm in the 5th Palace now and I just unlocked a new fusion method, I'm confused how it works.

Network Fusion, I kind of thought it was just a random thing when the twins were explaining it but the name makes me think there might be more to it. Anyone know?

Oh, seems like its once a day. Give or take.

I don't recall being able to swap in the safe room. I thought you had to go back outside from the saferoom since there quick travel is unlocked upon discovery of a safe room. But correct me if I'm wrong . Lol
You can swap by just going to the Stats option in the menu. No need to leave or anything.

I liked that theme too but man both versions of
Price
does things to me.

What bug?

Basically when you do an all out attack while Morgana is saying something like finish them off, the dialogue doesn't go away, so you are stuck at the result screen.

There was 2 sections where I ran into this.

Aesthet1c

Dumb question but I never knew the answer playing through Persona 4.

Can someone tell me. If I spend time with a confidant, and it says "I don't think we will grow closer". Does that still progress the social meter with that individual? Or am I wasting my time spending time with them that day?

Basically are those "we aren't leveling up our bond" days part of building the bond even if we don't level up, or does that mean I should be waiting for a different day when it says we will grow closer?

I'm starting to wonder if I missed Ann as confidant. I didn't have the kindness to start hanging out with her early on, and now I pretty much can never find her anywhere. She used to always be sitting in front of me when class ended.

Jintor

Dumb question but I never knew the answer playing through Persona 4.

Can someone tell me. If I spend time with a confidant, and it says "I don't think we will grow closer". Does that still progress the social meter with that individual? Or am I wasting my time spending time with them that day?

Basically are those "we aren't leveling up our bond" days part of building the bond even if we don't level up, or does that mean I should be waiting for a different day when it says we will grow closer?

So think of it like this, there's

SLink points
Actual Ranks

What "Won't get closer" means is you won't actually up your rank that day. But as long as you see those blue notes, you're always going to get SLink points that go towards the rank.

I'm starting to wonder if I missed Ann as confidant. I didn't have the kindness to start hanging out with her early on, and now I pretty much can never find her anywhere. She used to always be sitting in front of me when class ended.

Check the underground mall in shibuya.

Xeteh

Underground Mall

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I'm starting to hate how stilted moment feels in the dungeons. Especially since this game forces you to hit a really specific point so often. I guess it feels more digital than analog if that makes any sense.

I don't want to exaggerate, but 20 hours into Persona 5, it's easily the best game I've ever played

She'll probably text you to initiate, or she's in the Underground Mall

Aesthet1c

So think of it like this, there's

SLink points
Actual Ranks

What "Won't get closer" means is you won't actually up your rank that day. But as long as you see those blue notes, you're always going to get SLink points that go towards the rank.

Awesome, thank you. That answers my question. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't waisting a day if it didn't do anything.

Basically when you do an all out attack while Morgana is saying something like finish them off, the dialogue doesn't go away, so you are stuck at the result screen.

There was 2 sections where I ran into this.
I never had this happen to me. Have you tried deleting and reinstalling the game?

So I'm in the 5th Palace now and I just unlocked a new fusion method, I'm confused how it works.

Network Fusion, I kind of thought it was just a random thing when the twins were explaining it but the name makes me think there might be more to it. Anyone know?

Oh, seems like its once a day. Give or take.

One each day, just sacrifice one. I've gotten some awesome results.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Someone said earlier in the thread you can hold triangle to skip the victory screen, so like, does that even work? I tried it tons of times but can't get it to skip.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I would still play this game even if it had no dungeons or battles. I love the rest of it so much.

The dungeons/battles are soooo much better than P3/P4, too.

Also, the protagonist's portrait when he gives an answer is one of my favorite little things in the game. It looks so badass.

In game day or actual day? And does the persona used actually matter?

Game day, without a guide is hard to say but that's the beauty of it. You just don't know what you gonna get. On the plus side some rare personas are hidden in that feature with rare magic skills that can't be get otherwise.

Xeteh

Wait, what? Don't they immediately retreat after giving you some money?

You need a certain perk from a Confidant to be able to do it.

Sun Rank 2

Game day, without a guide is hard to say but that's the beauty of it. You just don't know what you gonna get. On the plus side some rare personas are hidden in that feature with rare magic skills.

Right on, I'll have to remember to pop in daily.

Jintor

ahah holy shit Makoto 6/20
fucking just leaps straight into straight up beasting with her persona. Everyone else like "WHAT IS THIS" Makoto like "LET'S FUCKING FUCK THIS GUY UP"

god you are amazing

Megasoum

Banned
I remember seeing videos where the guy was going in cover mode to jump enemies around corners and stuff.

Maybe I missed the tutorial or I'm not far enough yet but how do you do that?

Edit: LMAO... Ok the tutorial was literally 30 sec after I posted this message hahaha

Hama and Mudo are the worst. It feels like enemies have a 90% hit rate with them.

Once you get a Nul to combat that skill you'll be set.. however this is perhaps my most precious persona.

fahe7Sk.jpg

Just try hitting me

Xeteh

I remember seeing videos where the guy was going in cover mode to jump enemies around corners and stuff.

It shows you once in the tutorial to evade a patrol and then forgets about it for a bit. Not too far in to the first dungeon it'll come up again and you'll be able to use it.

Kinsei

Banned

You can't do it until the tutorial shows you how. It's impossible to miss.

If this is anything like the previous persona games, then there are endgame personas which are rpl/null more than half the board.

Indeed, there's some OP personas. I just kept this guy on me to avoid those nasty critical hits.. or better when an enemy got rage inflicted upon them.

Toki767

So wait, when you demand money from a demon and say you can do better or whatever, does the money add up for as long as you keep demanding more?

Xeteh

So wait, when you demand money from a demon and say you can do better or whatever, does the money add up for as long as you keep demanding more?

Adds up, and you can even hit triangle instead of pressing for more or letting them flee to all out attack and still keep what you took.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom