• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark_castle

Man I really like the little flash forward/flash back moments where protagonist is interrogated that relates to every key moment in the past like how different confidants pact that helped the Phantom Thieves. Everything is linked together properly and with reason. You don't be friend with someone just for shit and giggle.

Squishy3

So is there any actual reason as to why I can't heal the hunger status ailment WITH THE ITEM THAT SAYS IT HEALS HUNGER?

The only thing that works is Hiranya.
I guess Alert Capsule's mistranslated or something cause it sure as hell doesn't cure hunger. The only thing that does that I've found is Hiranya and Amrita Drop (the skill) but those cure every non-special ailment.

DNAbro

8/23
Yusuke rearranging the Neo Feather Men and then Futaba insulting Yusuke's aesthetic was absolutely hilarious.

God I love this game.

Griss

What do the colours of the days on the calendar mean?

And why are these kids going to school on Saturdays?
I used to go to a six-day-a-week high school. Wasn't that bad as we had half-day Wednesdays.

Perineum

Oh question on Momentos. Do they make time pass on the clock?

If so, I have been doing the GameFaqs guide, and I did a little skip ahead just to see if it ever tells me to go do Momentos, and it never mentions to go in at least not in May or June.

Is momentos pointless then?

Totakeke

If so, I have been doing the GameFaqs guide, and I did a little skip ahead just to see if it ever tells me to go do Momentos, and it never mentions to go in at least not in May or June.

It does list going into mementos a few months in. It can be a slog doing it that way though. You'll have to clear it eventually even if you don't do any of the sidequests.

Mementos passes the clock like going to a palace for the day. They are ABSOLUTELY NOT pointless.

Perineum

It does list going into mementos a few months in. It can be a slog doing it that way though. You'll have to clear it eventually even if you don't do any of the sidequests.

That's ok. I'll go through Momentos when the month comes that it feels is the ideal time to do so.

I just wasn't sure if it was a pointless activity or not.

Thanks.

What do the colours of the days on the calendar mean?

And why are these kids going to school on Saturdays?
I used to go to a six-day-a-week high school. Wasn't that bad as we had half-day Wednesdays.

Red means a day off. Dunno about blue.

AFAIK Japanese schools are open six days a week. They only get Sundays off.

the 2nd boss kicked my ass hard (on hard). the dungeon was pretty smooth until the last encounter. felt like a true final boss until you figure his stuff out.

Man I really like the little flash forward/flash back moments where protagonist is interrogated that relates to every key moment in the past like how different confidants pact that helped the Phantom Thieves. Everything is linked together properly and with reason. You don't be friend with someone just for shit and giggle.
Or at least that's just how Niijima sees it.

Opa-Pa

I swear I won't give up until I build enough courage to talk to the Airsoft guy about the damn gun and be able to buy stuff in peace.

Seriously I don't mind gating his s link behind that, but who the hell thought it was a good idea to get a prompt every single time you talk to him?

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Really enjoying this game. About 10 hours in.

About to
beat the first boss. It's really captured me but gives me a lot of anxiety around the time mechanic. I briefly played P3 but I think I got overwhelmed there as well. :p However, pretty sure I'm going to stick around for this one. It's just fantastic.

Jake.

should i get this on ps3? i've always wanted to play p4 but never have, and won't get a ps4 for at least 6 months.

edit: i live in australia and getting p4 seems to be difficult.

Yeesh. Made it to the boss of the first palace am I wrong or does he not have a weakness? I can ride it out for a while but after the AoE attacks start I can't stay on top of the healing and then the KOs rack up

Oh yeah and I bought some healing items that say they heal the whole party but I couldn't find them in the battle item menu. Why else would you but them?

Aselith

Not really happy that basically the entire month of May is just day after day of being disallowed from any activities. Let me do some shit in the evening at least I mean fuck.

CrazyDude

So I am reading a guide and
Is there any reason to increase stats above level 3 or 4? It seems most social link locks become unlocked after level 3 stats.

Opa-Pa

should i get this on ps3? i've always wanted to play p4 but never have, and won't get a ps4 for at least 6 months.

Sure, it's an upscaled PS3 game on PS4 anyway. I can't imagine enjoying P4 or 3 the same way after the amazing improvements in 5, so enjoy that and don't rush it.

Yeesh. Made it to the boss of the first palace am I wrong or does he not have a weakness? I can ride it out for a while but after the AoE attacks start I can't stay on top of the healing and then the KOs rack up

Oh yeah and I bought some healing items that say they heal the whole party but I couldn't find them in the battle item menu. Why else would you but them?

It's common for bosses to not really have weaknesses so you don't abuse AOAs on them, yeah.

And perhaps it was one of those that are for safe rooms only?

GSR

So I am reading a guide and
Is there any reason to increase stats above level 3? It seems most social link locks become unlocked after level 3 stats.

Absolutely. I don't know what guide you're reading, but
you will need all stats maxed out if you want to get to rank 10 on all the SLs.

Ulong

Stats don't get capped until a certain story event or something right? I'm sure I'm just imagining it but I feel like I've put more points into charm since hitting rank 3 of it then could possibly be needed to get rank 4.

Zyrox

Welp got Megatend again. Ran away from a red Shadow only to bump into a normal shadow, which was of course 3 Kalis spamming their rage thing enraging my entire party. I could only sit back and watch the last 40 minutes of progress go down the drain. It hurts.

ramyeon

Bosses usually don't have weaknesses like the common mobs do in Persona/SMT.

If it's what I think it is, then those items are for use in safe rooms. It'll say "Can only be used in a safe place" in the description.

Megasoum

Banned
Ok I think the game finally clicked for me.

I was enjoying what I was seeing so far but yeah... now I'm really in.

I just did a bunch of stuff in town after my first day in the first palace. Fun times and looking forward to go back in now.

Protomanx13

Neo Member

Best to save up 2+ quest before going into Momentos. But if you need money, it is actually really great place to farm money and good chance to get good weapon/armor.

Just 1 trip, I was able to make 35k (not including selling treasure), 2 armor and a weapon that are better than what I have. I could get more if I stay there to farm until I'm close to death. This is in early June btw
Also, if you miss any persona from the previous palace, they will show up there

Jintor

Depends on region in Japan, as I recall but the laws might have changed recently.

they introduced half day saturdays in my old prefecture (mid kansai) last year. Got out of it because my contract was pretty specific about my work hours lol

Stupid dumb question, but what is Persona like as a game? I've never played any game in the series before and I'm interested in this and I love turn based RPGs, so will I like this?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Protagonist dying = game over is still bullshit.

Bosses usually don't have weaknesses like the common mobs do in Persona/SMT.

If it's what I think it is, then those items are for use in safe rooms. It'll say "Can only be used in a safe place" in the description.

Wouldn't say it's unusual for SMT bosses to have a weakness. Especially early ones. Guess he doesn't though

And safe room only. Pretty underwhelming. I was hoping for something to hold me over until I got media somewhere

McBryBry

Found a neat money exploit early on. In the first Momento,
I cast Pulinpa on Shadow Nakanohara. He keeps throwing ~8000 yen, and when the effect wears off, so does his attack up. So he just casts attack up again and I confuse him again.

Man, I really am liking the 4th palace and the story behind it but I already have a feeling I know where it's going with it and
I'm going to be incredibly disappointed in the storytelling if they pull the "twist" I think they're going to pull. It's basically the same exact thing that happens every single time the same situation comes up in an anime and it's so irritating when they resolve the same exact way every damn time.

Jintor

Man, I really am liking the 4th palace and the story behind it but I already have a feeling I know where it's going with it and
I'm going to be incredibly disappointed in the storytelling if they pull the "twist" I think they're going to pull. It's basically the same exact thing that happens every single time the same situation comes up in an anime and it's so irritating when they resolve the same exact way every damn time.

not sure what you're hinting at exactly

bigjig

Stupid dumb question, but what is Persona like as a game? I've never played any game in the series before and I'm interested in this and I love turn based RPGs, so will I like this?

If you like turn based RPGs then yes you will probably like this.

As for what the game is like, I'm sure the OP covers that well enough.

DNAbro

uhhh I just got the beach scene and that was really really bad. Jesus I was hoping that Atlus USA would soften that scene but it was way worse than I thought compared to when I saw it in Japanese.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom