• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

robotrock

Banned
So how do I actually invite people to hang out at spots?

Also why on earth does this game have that awesome cloud save feature? Can you transfer your save from ps3 to ps4 or something, or were they hoping for a stripped down vita version

Ourobolus

Banned
Is the confuse thing with memento bosses considered a cheese? I don't wanna do it if it wasn't intended.
I mean you're gonna get the money some other way anyway. I basically sat in the 3rd area of Mementos and extorted every demon I found.

bryt

Is it possible to get 1st place in the exams for July? My knowledge is at 4 and I answered every question correct but only got top ten.

CrazyDude

Time management is driving me crazy, part me feels like I am only going to be able to max out 2 or 3 social links by the end given how you have like at most 14 days of free time each month.

Like I am a 2 for everything, except for guts which is at 3. (I'm on day 6/5) So far Ann is at 5, Ryuji is at 6, the doctor at 3, and the politician and teacher are at 1, not to mention all the other that are still coming up.

CSX

I was just told that in order to do a request, i need to get a job at a bar. How do i get this job? I already got the jobs in the flower shop , convience store, and beef bowl shop.

robotrock

Banned
I was just told that in order to do a request, i need to get a job at a bar. How do i get this job? I already got the jobs in the flower shop , convience store, and beef bowl shop.

crossroads? you need to have like good stats for kindness and proficiency, i think it's 3/5 for each

Jiraiza

Captain Kidd's got nothing on the Matador.

FGP8pwY.jpg

Man this game is great. I'm at the end of the fourth Palace right now and I really enjoy the story. It's super anime but I love the old-school RPG style of storytelling that went into it. I like almost all of the characters, I actually care about the plot and want to see what happens next.

Decided to go with Ann for romance because she's amazing. Got high links with several of the others as well for Persona purposes. I like both Ann and Ryuji's side stories thus far as well as Tae's (even if she's somewhat creepy lol).

robotrock

Banned
Also I shouldn't be hanging out with my buds if it says "I don't think my bond will deepen with this person" right

like literally no reason to do that

Also I shouldn't be hanging out with my buds if it says "I don't think my bond will deepen with this person" right

like literally no reason to do that
No if you don't do that it won't increase because you'll never get the points. You need to do that occasionally in order to move up a rank.

robotrock

Banned
Sure if you never want to increase their social links.

for real? hanging out with people even if it says "i dont think it'll deepen" will increase social links?

No if you don't do that it won't increase because you'll never get the points. You need to do that occasionally in order to move up a rank.

ah fuck, i did that a couple of times with my sojiro and it still wouldn't budge.

fuck...

CrazyDude

for real? hanging out with people even if it says "i dont think it'll deepen" will increase social links?

ah fuck

Not right away, but if you want to get to the next stage in the social link you need to hang out with them. Makes sure you have a persona with that matches their arcane when you hang out with them, it will help make less of these situations.

robotrock

Banned
Not right away, but if you want to get to the next stage in the social link you need to hang out with them. Makes sure you have a persona with that matches their arcane when you hang out with them, it will help make less of these situations.

damn i hope i can recover from this

My only complaints so far are the game is a little on the easier side compared to other megaten games and I wish we could fuse with registered personas without having to summon them back.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I got an IM from Mishima on May 19th about a bully. Is there someone I'm supposed to talk to, or do I just wait?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I am actually a bit surprised the 50 Adhesive Bandages for 2000 wasn't a complete dud. I was expecting them to heal like 1HP each, but 20 isn't that bad for out of battle.

Damm this is game has been great. So many advances and new stuff from P4 that is kinda hard to take it all in, and this is only starting.

Quick question though. According to Morgana I'm halfway through the first dungeon, and my party is starting to feel "tired". What effects does this actually have on gameplay? Should I retreat and complete what is left on another day?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Damm this is game has been great. So many advances and new stuff from P4 that is kinda hard to take it all in, and this is only starting.

Quick question though. According to Morgana I'm halfway through the first dungeon, and my party is starting to feel "tired". What effects does this actually have on gameplay? Should I retreat and complete what is left on another day?

From reading the thread it means their SP is low.

Ourobolus

Banned

Tired doesn't really mean anything, mechanics-wise. You've simply been at it for a bit and probably don't have as much SP.

So can somebody explain to me how the fortune arcana works (Rank 1)?

You pay 5000 yens to get one of your stats evolve more quickly on the same day.... tried it with kindness, with a job and the plant, but it didn't change anything, still got the same amount of point anyway! So how does that work?

thanks

Vice

Low on sp. about halfway to the end of the dungeon in terms of rooms/map exploration.

Beat the first boss but had to switch to normal. Once the calling card gets thrown down there's no way to really grind anymore and I kind of needed everyone's next skill for it to not be a giant pain in the ass. Leveling here just seems awfully slow here.

I'll switch back to hard for get dungeon but man they need to tone down the roll the dice, hope MC doesn't get one shot shenanigans. After SMT4 Apocalypse (not a game over + you can restart right before the encounter you wiped) I thought I was done dealing with this bullshit.

What the fuck, the first Persona fusion is mandatory?

Yup. Had to use Arsene because he was in the only recipe that'd work at level 3. Can't even register first.

Dominator

Question about the first palace:

I just climbed the outside of it and got to the tower near the top. I am going to assume I won't be able to return once I finish so I'd like to leave and get some lockpicks and maybe figure out how to get into the locked doors (unless thats not possible). Do I just go back to the entrance and go back to the regular world then come back the next day? Will it save my progress I've done in the palace so far?

Thanks!

Squishy3

i need help with the 5th dungeon

can't get past the transfer line switch puzzle. i seem to be in a loop on the right side of the platforms.
assuming you've hit all the switches you need to go back to where the purple switch was and drop down from the little balcony area past all the glass, assuming this is the part where you drop all the assembly arms

So I'm nearing the end of the second palace. I've really enjoyed the games story, art, music and themes so far. However, the greatest weakness of the game is the illusion of freedom and restrictions it places often artificially on players. Time management that is often out of your control either through random events or arbitrary restrictions or at least completely unexplained restrictions. Choices in conversation are usually meaningless until you get to ones to build relationships then there's very specific answers that can seriously effect the time needed to develop relationships thus making the best course of action to look up the best answers to give online thus restricting your decisions and attitude as a player.

TLDR: I really enjoy this game, but it's very unfriendly to new players and designed to get a full experience by playing it more than once. Which as a result means the first playthrough feels a bit lessened in impact because of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom