• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalentan

it's cos you can lose pretty substantial amounts of progress to insta-kill coin flips.

yeah i usually keep a null dark/light around when i can get up to it but there's a pretty substantial amount of time when that's not an option

Honestly I've just been lucky that no enemies use those instant kills on my MC... He always seems to die to a lucky critical hit and then the enemy following it up by hitting the protagonist against with a heavy attack.

I think there were a lot of bullshit excuses to make you go to bed in P4, but the difference is you didn't have Teddy going "Go to bed Senpai, you've got a big day tomorrow" every single day. So the personification of that dumb reasoning makes it worse.

More importantly IIRC in the previous games if they weren't going to let you do anything at night they just skipped right to the next day rather than give you an opportunity to walk around and be constantly told that you can't do anything except go to bed.

You didn't get my joke. I know what the theme sounds like.

I personally find it inferior to dungeon 4 because it does not have as much variation in tempo or style and it loops too often eventhough it's only 1:50 min long. The dungeon 4 theme i.e. The days when my mother was here has a LOT more variation and the entire track is 4:00 min long.

Lol, I got your joke and my answer wasn't meant to be taken seriously either. Let's just agree to disagree =)

Kalentan

More importantly IIRC in the previous games if they weren't going to let you do anything at night they just skipped right to the next day rather than give you an opportunity to walk around and be constantly told that you can't do anything except go to bed.

Yup...

I always have the hope that, this night, I will be able to go out..! And then my hopes are dashed quickly away. Every time. :(

Jintor

I like having Morgana around (bedtime policing aside). Also, more people need to tell Ryuji off, he's a total idiot blowhard. With his stupid "welps" and "wassuppppsss" and his embarrassing t shirt logos. And why does he walk that way? Does he secretly spend a lot of time on a horse? I'd happily ditch him if I could, but clearly he and MC are bros for life or whatever >:-(

YankeeDonB

you are a terrible yankee

nOoblet16

Not like you can negate instakills or anything *_*

So much whining in this thread when your required to do anything more than then hit a weakness.
I know many people here are new to SMT games, but it's still frustrating to read "bullshit!", instead of "So tips for X enemy type?"
What you are saying is only true for enemies that you have already fought though, for new enemies whose attacks you don't know (like that Mementos boss the dude was talking about) you can't really match your persona to negate their damage before you actually know what kind of attacks they have. And the only way to know their strength and weakness is by fighting them but if the fight is over in the first move itself made by the enemy then how was he suppose to switch to a persona to negate it? That's the BS he was talking about.

Regardless of all that, game over because MC dies should not have been a thing.

Chaos17

Yeah I have no idea why they thought it would be a good idea to give this job to a character. A shitty character at that.
I still have no idea why people like the cat despite everything. Is it because it's a cat or because of the (annoying) cutesy voice?

Because otherwise he's a jerk with Ryuji, is almost begging to suck my dick at any possible occasion, and is basically a fedora-wearing fat guy thinking he's a ninja when it comes to "lady" Ann.

Shit character always in your way. 10/10
Morgana teach well the ropes, isn't dumb, do not crave for fame, always have good advices. I don't know why you shit on him, is it because of Ryugi that you favor ? Ryugi need to be calmed down a lot and all the party members do keep him in check, Morgana isn't different from them.

And 8 am a dog person so I do not like just because he's a cat. That so stupid to think that way.

Dungeon 3:
kept pushing on despite the shortcuts back to the one(!?) safe room and the mini-boss wiped me in one turn.
That'll learn me. Might have to space this one out a bit more than usual.

DNAbro

I like having Morgana around (bedtime policing aside). Also, more people need to tell Ryuji off, he's a total idiot blowhard. With his stupid "welps" and "wassuppppsss" and his embarrassing t shirt logos. And why does he walk that way? Does he secretly spend a lot of time on a horse? I'd happily ditch him if I could, but clearly he and MC are bros for life or whatever >:-(

His legs are fucked up from Kamishida. At least that was what I assumed.

LiK

Not gonna lie, but I am impressed with the
driving maechanics
in Mementos. Makes exploring that area very enjoyable. It could've gone so wrong if the controls were clunky.

MSMrRound

Regarding lockpicks....eventually you will be able to craft (past Dungeon 4 and certain story point)
the eternal lockpick (or whatever it is called in the game) which doesn't consume usage. Requires advanced tools perk from Morgana's SL (and you need to farm a bit of materials from the Anubis enemies)

As for doing more at night after a dungeon run..that's what the
Temperance
confidant is known for being broken for. At a certain level, you can pretty much request for a (confidant perk)
special massage from Becky
and you are all good to go to do some more stuff at night

Lusankya

Maybe my memory is bad but was it that bad in Persona 4? I feel like in that game the only times it ever didn't let you go out was after a dungeon. Most story stuff left you with the evening to do stuff fairly early on.

Yep, was the same in P4. ALthough there it was just the MC himself who thought "let's go to bed early today".

Regarding lockpicks....eventually you will be able to craft (past Dungeon 4 and certain story point)
the eternal lockpick (or whatever it is called in the game) which doesn't consume usage. Requires advanced tools perk from Morgana's SL (and you need to farm a bit of materials from the Anubis enemies)

As for doing more at night after a dungeon run..that's what the
Temperance
confidant is known for being broken for. At a certain level, you can pretty much request for a (confidant perk)
special massage from Becky
and you are all good to go to do some more stuff at night

Do these items crafted get carried to new game plus. I'm near end game but might be worth investing time before I wrap my first playthrough.

And have to say I was disapponted on haru persona design. Was not a fan at all.

LiK

What carries over into NG+? Please no story spoilers. Just gameplay stuff please. For reference, I only just completed the 4th Palace last night.

His legs are fucked up from Kamishida. At least that was what I assumed.

I wondered about that. But it looks way more like cowboy or punkish motor affectation than
a limp.

driving maechanics
in Mementos. Makes exploring that area very enjoyable. It could've gone so wrong if the controls were clunky.

Agreed! Now if they'd just done an equally good job with the music down there...

MSMrRound

driving maechanics

I wished the Mementos soundtrack was better though. It's pretty dull listening to the same boring theme over and over. If only Persona 5 got a jukebox function...

To make up for it I often go around
crashing Morgana into the wall and such, to hear the soundtrack punctured with random yelps of meoww!!! The attention to animation details are great too, Morgana's tail stand on end due to the shock if you should do so

Kinsei

Banned
What carries over into NG+? Please no story spoilers. Just gameplay stuff please. For reference, I only just completed the 4th Palace last night.

Money
Social stats
Compendium progress (Which means you can summon end game personas right away)
Equipment
Skill cards
Special items (Not sure what these are)

Kalentan

Money
Social stats
Equipment
Skill cards

Oh wow. A lot more than I expected.

If you played on normal should you play on Hard then for NG+?

I've heard someone mention before that there's some special SP accessory that can be gained early in the game?

Is this true?

If you level the Nurse social link up to Level 5, she sells 3 SP accessories that restore SP upon that characters turn. You can get it pretty early on if you focus on her. If you level her up to 7 you can then buy the Level 3 SP accessory for 50k per.

Ulong

Money
Social stats
Equipment
Skill cards

Equipment for everyone or just the player character. Like when Makoto joins the party will she join with the endgame gear I had equipped on her?

I've heard someone mention before that there's some special SP accessory that can be gained early in the game?

Is this true?

Social link with Tae Takemi (the doctor), it unlocks at a fairly early rank but the good one costs 100k yen, if you rank up Tae a bit more you can get it down to 50k yen, which is fairly reasonable. I bought 4 of them just before the third dungeon and it made it so I never had to leave unless I hit a story roadblock that forces you to leave.

MSMrRound

"Things that You Can Carry to NG+

Here are the things that you can carry to NG+ and beyond in the game.

Social Stats
All Skill Cards
Money Earned
Persona Compendium
Weapons, Armor, and Other Pieces of Equipment
Things that You Can’t Carry to NG+

Here are the things that you can’t carry to NG+ and beyond in the game.

Character Level
Cooperation Level
All Equipped Personas
All Consumable Items –(event item)
Valentine’s Chocolates Remain
All Items Except Weapons, Armor, and Other Pieces of Equipment"

From segmentnext's guide.

Kinsei

Banned

Is this true?

Yes.

How to get it:
Keep upping your death confidant rank and she'll start selling accessories that regen your SP. Once you get her up to rank 7 you'll be able to get them for half price.

LiK

I wondered about that. But it looks way more like cowboy or punkish motor affectation than
a limp.

Agreed! Now if they'd just done an equally good job with the music down there...

I wished the Mementos soundtrack was better though. It's pretty dull listening to the same boring theme over and over. If only Persona 5 got a jukebox function...

To make up for it I often go around
crashing Morgana into the wall and such, to hear the soundtrack punctured with random yelps of meoww!!! The attention to animation details are great too, Morgana's tail stand on end due to the shock if you should do so

Yea. I can barely remember the music. Kinda weird that every location in the game has such a great track except for an area where you could easily spend hours grinding. It's also my least favorite looking area. Pretty drab. Not sure why they didn't make it look more pleasing either. They could've had some fun with the designs there.

"Things that You Can Carry to NG+

Here are the things that you can carry to NG+ and beyond in the game.

Social Stats
All Skill Cards
Money Earned
Persona Compendium
Weapons, Armor, and Other Pieces of Equipment
Things that You Can’t Carry to NG+

Here are the things that you can’t carry to NG+ and beyond in the game.

Character Level
Cooperation Level
All Equipped Personas
All Consumable Items –(event item)
Valentine’s Chocolates Remain
All Items Except Weapons, Armor, and Other Pieces of Equipment"

From segmentnext's guide.

Thanks! Been avoiding spoilers so I was wary about searching this stuff.

Khoryos

Money
Social stats
Equipment
Skill cards

Ah, I may have misunderstood this in P4G - can you summon Personas from the compendium even if they're of much higher level? I thought you were still limited to your level.

nOoblet16

The UI makes exploring mementos really annoying at times, the nature of mementos is such that most of the stuff that you need to be looking at are on the top half of the screen which is cluttered with large UIs. And you can barely see stuff when in there.

The game REALLY should have had an option to get rid of the mission objective and "days left" thing on the top right side of the screen, I would have also liked to get rid of the translucent vigenette like effects used for showing detection level.

All in all the UI is great and flashy but it clutters the screen way too much at times.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
So I've been grinding for a few hours in Mementos trying to nab a particular Persona. Decided to go make myself some breakfast/coffee (you see where this is going...). I'm pouring some hot sauce on my meal and I hear battle sounds. Oh hey, it's probably a random Regent that jumped my team or something! Free XP. So I went and checked...

shocked-animated-rowa4xkmf.gif

MSMrRound

Ah, I may have misunderstood this in P4G - can you summon Personas from the compendium even if they're of much higher level? I thought you were still limited to your level.

As long as you summon a Persona it will be in your compendium. Think of it as a record log. You can recall from it as long as you got the proper amount of money.

MC's level only counts towards if you are trying to fuse a new Persona

Yea. I can barely remember the music. Kinda weird that every location in the game has such a great track except for an area where you could easily spend hours grinding. It's also my least favorite looking area. Pretty drab. Not sure why they didn't make it look more pleasing either. They could've had some fun with the designs there.

Dungeon music was great but a bit disappointed that there wasn't much vocal songs. But the one dungeon that did was amazing.

Kinsei

Banned
So I've been grinding for a few hours in Mementos trying to nab a particular Persona. Decided to go make myself some breakfast/coffee (you see where this is going...). I'm pouring some hot sauce on my meal and I hear battle sounds. Oh hey, it's probably a random Regent that jumped my team or something! Free XP. So I went and checked...

They warned you.

nOoblet16

So I tried the confuse Memento boss thing and it worked well - 700k yen now, but it's extremely boring
It's off to chance because it's RNG behind RNG behind RNG. First you need the boss to be vulnerable to co fuse, second you need confuse to stick and thirdly you need him to actually throw money and not just stand there or throw shitty items at you.

Would take too much time.

Kalentan

Wait does it come after you if you stay on one specific floor for too long or if you just stay in Mementos for too long?

Khoryos

As long as you summon a Persona it will be in your compendium. Think of it as a record log. You can recall from it as long as you got the proper amount of money.

MC's level only counts towards if you are trying to fuse a new Persona

Well damn, that would have made NG+ a lot easier if I'd understood.

aravuus

So... How hard was it?

I kind of want to check out if I stand a chance against it right now (lvl 28, on easy).

Yeah I have no idea why they thought it would be a good idea to give this job to a character. A shitty character at that.
I still have no idea why people like the cat despite everything. Is it because it's a cat or because of the (annoying) cutesy voice?

Because otherwise he's a jerk with Ryuji, is almost begging to suck my dick at any possible occasion, and is basically a fedora-wearing fat guy thinking he's a ninja when it comes to "lady" Ann.

Shit character always in your way. 10/10
If you end up dating ann there's a mechanic where he now doesn't allow you to escape the room any day.

Welcome to the 9th Circle of hell.

If Morgana was a dog he'd be all "go to sleep dawg"

And you'd be all "you wanna go for a walk?"

And then he'd be all "shiiiiiit baby you know i can't say no to that"

The saving grace is how easy it is to jump in and knock out a handful of requests in one go. I just go once in between story dungeons and level up, get more cash, and usually some good items and Personas and it's relatively painless. But I have no desire to spend much time in there.

dawgparty

Do treasure chests show up on the map? I know there's at least one more in the 1st dungeon but I can't find it for the life of me and it isn't showing up on the map when I'm looking through. I think I'm missing something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom