• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toki767

Rank 4 on all social stats right now.

Kindness sure is a bitch to raise. It's just not nearly as freely given out as Charm or Guts.

nOoblet16

P5 improved a lot of things over P4, but something they didn't really address was how romancing a character affects events and dialogue outside of specific romance scenes.

On one end, I like that there's not too much emphasis put towards this, as a player could feel they were left out if they didn't romance anyone, and it'd probably become really complicated to design, depending on how many people you romance, dialogue choices, etc. But, on the other, it always feels like this secret relationship that can't be mentioned to anyone else, and doesn't make sense with certain story-important interactions.

It'd probably be really hard to improve upon this, but it's one aspect of the game which clearly has room for it.
Multiple times people would directly say "we are all single here anyways" when my MC has been with Tae for a while. Even when I do go to see Tae, nothing really happens as she is just a merchant. Stuff like your GF coming over and waiting for you when you get back, followed by a conversation, other people mentioning it in conversation, or if you date more than one they both end up at your place when you get back. These kind of things make the relationship stuff worth it otherwise there is almost zero difference between this and platonic would level 10.

Chaos17

All those wasted time slots. Also I can't believe how I feel so bad for wasting 3 precious time slots

Agree specialy when game finaly stop restraining you after chapter 4. I can magically now do stuff at night after a story cut-scene it seems... for no reason...

But people, if you want to save time, when you will be able to: level up Temperance until she will come make coffee for you, when you will unlock that, your evenings won't be wasted anymore.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
5th dungeon was really not fun. The music was really irritating, totally incompatible. Finally reached the end after like 6 hours.

silva1991

I just bought Izanagi and he looks sexy in that school uniform color

Persona-5-Izanagi-Picaro.jpg

Can I fuse him to create a unique persona or is this just for show? :p

I don't really have great skill cards to give him.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Cant ask Ann out...

...cutting it a little close to home there videogame ;_;

I haven't finished any coop yet, but one of my biggest issues (besides romancing) is how you don't really feel the need to hang out with maxed SL in P3/4. Which is weird, considering level 10 means you two are BFF.

They could give you some perks for doing it. Like a boost in a stat (like, Ryuji giving you points in Guts), a perk (Ann making it easier to convince Shadows to join you for the next few days) or other stuff if you hang out with them.

About romancing, I understand not being record voice lines for every single possible situation. But some comments here and there, not voices, like Sojiro asking you to bring your girlfriend to the Café when you arrive home, some reaction if you say something flirty to a different character in front of them would be cool, or some NPCs asking you something about it before you hang out with them to level up their coop. Nothing too fancy, but that kind of acknowledges it.

And go all out in cheating lol. If they find out, have the SL reversed. And once you've been exposed, make it so you can't Direct Command those reversed characters for a while due to her being really angry.
I think there's a bit of this implemented in a late-game conversation, I think it was December. Memory's hazy on when exactly, but it went something like this.
The gang's gathered in Le Blanc, probably preparing for final exams. They were talking about love and relationships, and I was asked like what I'd do with my partner, and I replied "Marry her." Futaba who was mai waifu in that playthrough reacted with a shocked "Marriage?!"

Opa-Pa

Jesus, I need that Picaro Izanagi.

Also I'm pretty sure you can fuse other personas /into/ him. Try with Arsene and a treasure persona.

... Has it always been possible to just switch party members at will everywhere by going into the Stats screen or did I unlock this with a confidant? The fact that they teach you to do this only at the entrance made me think it wasn't possible lol.

This isn't a joke but I found that out literally a few moments away from the last boss. Beaten the game just a hour ago and yeah it's a solid entry. Already considering jumping back into new game plus and taking my time. Can't believe I didn't even attempt fishing since I never came across it.

dragn

what does it mean when it says a persona is gonna help a bond to deepen? also how do i get confidant xp to level up, only with meet ups or are there other ways? still in may btw

Dragner

September and no S.Links maxed out like a boss. The virginity is strong in my MC lol.I should start chaining max now that school is back. Spent the summer grinding the flower shop to up my kindness for the hermit SL.

silva1991

Just to be clear. I can create the ultimate persona of a social link on NG+ without having to max it out again right?
I can't create Lucifer now, because I can't create Metatron and I don't ant to go through Star social link again.

massoluk

Banned
This isn't a joke but I found that out literally a few moments away from the last boss. Beaten the game just a hour ago and yeah it's a solid entry. Already considering jumping back into new game plus and taking my time. Can't believe I didn't even attempt fishing since I never came across it.
Yeah well, proficiency and knowledge gains are just everywhere. I found the fishing spot but I don't ever go there if not invited, I don't need more proficiency

Opa-Pa

what does it mean when it says a persona is gonna help a bond to deepen? also how do i get confidant xp to level up, only with meet ups or are there other ways? still in may btw

Your first question is the answer to the second actually haha. The persona helps you get more music notes per answer during confidant events, which are your XP. You get XP by hanging out inbetween rank ups (when it says the bond won't deepen just yet) and with pre-arranged meet ups.

I just bought Izanagi and he looks sexy in that school uniform color

Persona-5-Izanagi-Picaro.jpg

Can I fuse him to create a unique persona or is this just for show? :p

I don't really have great skill cards to give him.
I was against all this DLC at launch because of the pricing, but now its out...

Do you think these will ever go on sale? Did the P4AU DLC ever go on sale?

Yeah well, proficiency and knowledge gains are just everywhere. I found the fishing spot but I don't ever go there if not invited, I don't need more proficiency

First playthrough is strictly for fun but I'm close to starting new game plus and might work towards the harder stuff. Such as fighting IT and catching a super rare fish which is always in these types of games.

dragn

Your first question is the answer to the second actually haha. The persona helps you get more music notes per answer during confidant events, which are your XP. You get XP by hanging out inbetween rank ups (when it says the bond won't deepen just yet) and with pre-arranged meet ups.

does it matter which persona or do i just need one from that arcana in my stock?

silva1991

I was against all this DLC at launch because of the pricing, but now its out...

Do you think these will ever go on sale? Did the P4AU DLC ever go on sale?

I don't know.

I never buy this shit, but this game is special to me(and so were P4 and 3) and possibly my game of the gen.

I'm giving this game a special treatment :p

Hoo-doo

Banned
I never felt like equipping the right persona before S-Linking or getting maximum notes every time really changed the outcome.

If it says you're going to be closer soon, then it'll happen regardless of personas equipped or notes gained. If it says it's not, then you're simply not leveling up the S-Link that day.

Any more insight to how it works?

Dragner

I never felt like equipping the right persona before S-Linking or getting maximum notes every time really changed the outcome.

If it says you're going to be closer soon, then it'll happen regardless of personas equipped or notes gained. If it says it's not, then you're simply not leveling up the S-Link that day.

I noticed that when isnt going to go up and you spend time with them I got 3 points with the persona equipped but only 2 without it. I didnt test it deeply but I catch it a couple of times.

Anyway the difference seems minimal.

nOoblet16

Finding it quite difficult to get personas with Psy based power, it's the only one for which I don't have the "ma" ability..and I am level 40.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

I was under the impression that there's basically a point system tracked under the hood and the personas always build that stock up. Same with answering questions well and stuff, when it says you'll rank up you will regardless but I would think this could still give situations where you were super close to a rank up either way, the persona + correct answers will make the level after that possibly pop without you having to do a hang out with no level up.

Zafir

I noticed that when isnt going to go up and you spend time with them I got 3 points with the persona equipped but only 2 without it. I didnt test it deeply but I catch it a couple of times.

Yeah, it's basically same as the choices in a normal social link dialogue. With a Persona equipped, any choice that gives two music notes will give three, any choice which gives one music note will give two. It doesn't change the dialogue itself.

It's worth taking their arcana's persona with you when you do their link just so it saves time in the end. Less time spent having to take people out on a generic trip/date or whatever to get them to a point that their bond will come closer.

That said, the hanging out scenes where you aren't going to get a rank up are a bit more developed this time round, so seeing them isn't the worst thing in the world - you can also get decorations for your room.

Dragner

One question about the fortune arcana stat training thing.

If I use it it for level my charm for example it will give me the points automatically(I dont see a sign of this), or it will work after doing an activity in the same day?. For example I used it and then went to the baths on a monday but only got the suspect 3 points.

Ponn

Banned
Ahhh, had a goofus moment. Accidentally hit the Rush mode button during the second boss fight. I was already distracted by a knock at the door and it took a minute to realize what was going on and turn it off. By that time two party members were already down and I thought I was screwed and would have to start over. I actually managed to recover though but lost two valuable raise items.

On a separate note I absolutely adore Morgana. So much less grating than Teddy and I actually want him in my party unlike Teddy.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
There's a hilarious answer option for a classroom question re: Kamehameha.

Dragon Ball.
Laughed hard at that one.

rugioh

Banned
palace 3 question

Am I stupid or was the fight after Makoto's awakening supposed to be that hard? I almost died because the two Oni's in the back were physical resistant and didn't have any weaknesses. How should I have done that fight more optimally?
Is the actual dungeon as hard as those mobs were with no weaknesses and alot of physical resistant mobs?

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
palace 3 question

Am I stupid or was the fight after Makoto's awakening supposed to be that hard? I almost died because the two Oni's in the back were physical resistant and didn't have any weaknesses. How should I have done that fight more optimally?
Is the actual dungeon as hard as those mobs were with no weaknesses and alot of physical resistant mobs?
Sometimes you just have to brute force your way through. And not really, palace 3 wasn't that difficult. There's an annoying enemy in palace 4 though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom