• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
It gets way better. You have plenty of time to do stuff.

But seriously, this is part of the game. You have all these great options to spend your time on, so you got to prioritize.
It's the reason why i'm already excited for my NG+ run. So I can do all that other shit I neglected in the first run.

I was fine until May. When I could prioritize like you say. But now I cant, I literally cant do anything except what the game tells me to since the begining of the month during the exams. I cant even do evening shit cause the fucking cat tells me to go to bed.

Im not dropping it or anything and I know it gets better again soon, its just frustrating (and a little baffling). But I was mostly curious to know if the peeps complaining a few days ago when I was reading the pages at work were in May, because back then I wasnt having issues and was like "what are these people talking about" :p

But more importantly tho... Tae Takemi? More like Bae Takemi!

request-five.gif

every time i get to a dungeon i want to put the game down

even on SAFETY too much of the game is boring dungeon crawling... they really need to introduce VN mode

Even on safety too much of the game is boring dungeon crawling? If you're putting the game on the easier difficulties, yeah, the game's going to be boring.

Adventuring through the dungeons, collecting masks, and feeling the effects of your carefully managed time with confidants is essential to the identity of the game. VN would ruin Persona 5.

I love how ATLUS US captured the enemy team frustration cries, like they are literally another human player or something. I chuckled when I knocked an enemy down and they were like "God Dammit!" Exactly how I feel when it happens to me lol.

I swear I heard one call me clown shoes

Chris R

Even with the network log of what other players are doing on certain days it's going to suck when I get towards the end of the game with a sub-optimal character because I didn't use a guide :(

Tiops

at least the dungeons aren't randomly generated this time

but i still don't want to spend any amount of hours collecting and leveling up personas and remembering status affects and what things like 'mabafubu' do, etc. they could cut like 40 hours out of this game and come out ahead, imo.

Ugh, no. Part of the fun is collecting Personas and the battles being hard and strategical. Social and Dungeon parts complement each other pretty well, no need to change anything.

ZangBa

My issue with the dungeons right now - 4 palaces in - is how much "stop and go" there is. What I mean is basically, walking a few steps, some really unnecessary dialogue about something completely obvious in a super linear area, followed by a few more steps and repeat. The game constantly stops you and it's really annoying, I don't need 3 paragraphs explaining that were placing an object somewhere, no fucking shit game lay off. Otherwise it's all right, they at least look cool and have good music.

Ferrio

Banned
My issue with the dungeons right now - 4 palaces in - is how much "stop and go" there is. What I mean is basically, walking a few steps, some really unnecessary dialogue about something completely obvious in a super linear area, followed by a few more steps and repeat. The game constantly stops you and it's really annoying, I don't need 3 paragraphs explaining that were placing an object somewhere, no fucking shit game lay off. Otherwise it's all right, they at least look cool and have good music.

I have the same issue with some of the text message parts. Dammit guys we just got done talking about this 2 minutes ago, I don't need texts to go over it again.

Philippo

Only between 2nd and 3rd Palace, but i'm having a hard time choosing party members: i'm definitely keeping Ann, would like to have Morgana as healer and i can't decide between Ryuji and Yusuke, since they both are pretty Phys. based, but one has Atk. buff and the other is just cooler. But i also have problems filling all the missing elements with my own Personas, as i only get to have four or five elements plus a decent attacker, but i feel like i'm always missing something. There's also much more offensive elements now, so i guess it's almost impossible to have them all.
Ah, i also have one of those diamond personas, but i still don't know how to use them.

Ulong

I have the same issue with some of the text message parts. Dammit guys we just got done talking about this 2 minutes ago, I don't need texts to go over it again.

The worst for me is after every dungeon having about 10 rounds of text messages saying "Boy I sure hope they had a change of heart" before the story updates.

Opa-Pa

By the way, thanks to the people who linked me to the DLCs. I was actually using the browser store to add them to my wishlist but they didn't show up in the search results for some reason.

R0ckman

Was about to blow my top right before doing what you needed to do to go for the 4th palace treasure. Did the whole palace in one day and had enough of the BS.

Opa-Pa

I love how ATLUS US captured the enemy team frustration cries, like they are literally another human player or something. I chuckled when I knocked an enemy down and they were like "God Dammit!" Exactly how I feel when it happens to me lol.

Yeah they introduced this in SMT4 and it's so damn hilarious, I love Megaten demons and added to the new models it makes them feel pretty real as enemies haha.

R0ckman

Only between 2nd and 3rd Palace, but i'm having a hard time choosing party members: i'm definitely keeping Ann, would like to have Morgana as healer and i can't decide between Ryuji and Yusuke, since they both are pretty Phys. based, but one has Atk. buff and the other is just cooler. But i also have problems filling all the missing elements with my own Personas, as i only get to have four or five elements plus a decent attacker, but i feel like i'm always missing something. There's also much more offensive elements now, so i guess it's almost impossible to have them all.
Ah, i also have one of those diamond personas, but i still don't know how to use them.

Unlock Gallows by doing the sister quest in the velvet room, if you fuse a lot its easy to complete during story.

Blunoise

Ryuji is so full of anger and rage all the time. Dude simmer down bruh
All though I hate some things he does I don't hate him. Besides you know the reason why he is like this, it's his upbringing dad was a drunk and lives with his single mom, the game tells you the cast is a bunch of delinquents who don't have place to fit in except each other. I actually love the characters and all their crappy lives, makes them more human

Ydelnae

There should be less of dumbass Ryuji and more of awkward Yusuke. But maybe Yusuke's charm comes from those few interactions that makes you laugh.

Chaos17

Yes, the handlholding is too strong in this game. I dislike it.

so I take it all the bitching a few days / pages ago about the game not letting you play and always forcing you to go to sleep and whatnot was because everyone was doing May I assume?

because MY GOD. It's actually souring me on the game to be honest, and I was loving it until now :/

Enjoy your freedom while you can because after summer it's going back to chapter 3 or 2 pacing, bruh (I just finished chapter 5)

So can every demon negotiation potentially result in you capturing it? I know about the personality thing but even trying to follow that I find a lot of negotiations end with them giving me an item and running away. Does the demon's remaining health affect it at all?

Also if I already have a demon, is it generally better to ask for money, and item, or just kill it?

Totakeke

Is this true? I would take the stats I have now and maybe start over..I could get more stuff done!

I didn't try it for all the palaces, but I deliberately failed one of the later palaces, the credits rolled, and then I get to save a new file which I can start NG+ on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom