• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HMD

Have you gone to the DVD rental place in Shibuya street? The DVD player is supposed to be bundled in. Perhaps the cat won't let you do it because you're supposed to go directly to sleep or something.

Yeah I have the tv and the dvd player and I rented a dvd.

haolee

Neo Member
I have a tv in my room but I can't watch dvd's on it, how come? I keep clicking on it but the mc only watches the news.

Also why is Ann so hard to hang out with? I'm already rank 4 with Ryuji and I'm still rank 1 with Ann.

You need to rent the DVD from the store in Shibuya.

You need Rank 2 Kindness to continue the S. Link with Ann.

Shahadan

That's because what he said was wrong.

How in hell is P5's beginning worse than 4 ? It this a joke ?

At least P5 hints at what it will be come right away, precisely to avoid people giving up on it early. P4 was a complete slog for newcomers.

I did not mention P4 or P3 or whatever and I don't care nor remember which is supposed to be worse.
Thing is, for people who'll be playing 1 or 2 hours a day because their time is limited and don't know already what the game is supposed to be, the beginning can be a massive slog as referenced in the post I quoted.

haolee

Neo Member
That's because what he said was wrong.

How in hell is P5's beginning worse than 4 ? It this a joke ?

At least P5 hints at what it will be come right away, precisely to avoid people giving up on it early. P4 was a complete slog for newcomers.

I'd argue that P4 used its early hours to set up the setting and characters better than P5 did. I couldn't bring myself to care about Ryuji and Ann until well after the first dungeon. I'd rather take P4's abundant story scenes than P5's stops-and-starts, too-hand-holding combat tutorial. But that's just me.

HMD

I'd argue that P4 used its early hours to set up the setting and characters better than P5 did. I couldn't bring myself to care about Ryuji and Ann until well after the first dungeon. I'd rather take P4's abundant story scenes than P5's stops-and-starts, too-hand-holding combat tutorial. But that's just me.

I agree to an extent, I was a lot more invested in the characters in P4 by the time I was done with the first dungeon.

I did not mention P4 or P3 or whatever and I don't care nor remember which is supposed to be worse.
Thing is, for people who'll be playing 1 or 2 hours a day because their time is limited and don't know already what the game is supposed to be, the beginning can be a massive slog as referenced in the post I quoted.

I disagree. Even if you only played the first 30 minutes of P5 and turned it off you'd get a glimpse of whats to come from the way the story is framed and that shouldn't matter whether you're a Persona vet or noob.

Slaythe

Hum, that's kinda true, but in terms of "game", in no way, is P4 more enjoyable, because you literally do nothing for hours.

In p5 you might dislike the "stop and go" nature of the tutorials and whatever, but at least you get a good glimpse at what's ahead. P4 was an abomination of pacing. Despite having better character set ups.

I have not warmed up to Ryuji and Ann either until quite late, so that's a fair point, but the direction of the story isn't the same as the game design of the opening sequences IMO.

So I searched the last few pages about pre-load in the US. I just pre-ordered it digitally thinking I could download it right now before it unlocks.

What is up with the lack of pre-load in the US? Does anyone know? This seems off-putting.

Perineum

I am slightly worried that Amazon still hasn't shipped my copy.

I took the entire day off work too to grind Tuesday. I need this bad.

Eh the story of 4 and 5 is vastly different so it's kind of hard to compare the beginnings because they aren't doing the same thing.

So are
Yusuke
and
Makoto
both
Ice.....
element users? I think they have the two best character designs, so I was hoping to use both of them on my team, but that would kind of be annoying if they were the same element...

haolee

Neo Member
So are
Yusuke
and
Makoto
both
Ice.....
element users? I think they have the two best character designs, so I was hoping to use both of them on my team, but that would kind of be annoying if they were the same element...

Makoto uses
Nuclear

mollipen

So are
Yusuke
and
Makoto
both
Ice.....

Persona 5 has no repeat element users on your team, unlike other games.

massoluk

Banned
Oh boy, I thought 2nd boss was gonna screwed me over.
Jesus, there is no way anyone can beat this cheap bastard on the first try. I didn't stock up on revive potions. After 3 tries, I gave up and restarted over from the morning to retock the potions before I killed him. Boss gets multiple turns in one pass, and you have to kill all components in the same round? AND half of them absorb magic, the other half absorb physical! fuck that.

I am slightly worried that Amazon still hasn't shipped my copy.

I took the entire day off work too to grind Tuesday. I need this bad.

Are one of their shipping centers near where you live? They could be timing it so that it arrives precisely on the release date.

...At least, I'm hoping that's my situation, as the closest one is about two hours from where I live, and it's still "Shipping soon."

Are one of their shipping centers near where you live? They could be timing it so that it arrives precisely on the release date.

...At least, I'm hoping that's my situation, as the closest one is about two hours from where I live, and it's still "Shipping soon."

I'm sure that's what's going on with mine. The center here is only 25 minutes away.

Gamespawn

So I searched the last few pages about pre-load in the US. I just pre-ordered it digitally thinking I could download it right now before it unlocks.

What is up with the lack of pre-load in the US? Does anyone know? This seems off-putting.
My preload I had to start manually via the PS app. Went to my download list and it gave me the option to download. Said it was about 18GB.

CSX

Just wondering if NG+ works the same way in previous games where you retain your money, personality stats (kindness, bravery, etc) , and compendium ? If so does it make it whole lot easier to do all confidants in that NG+ playthrough like with P4's NG+?

You really didn't need a FAQ to do all social links in P4 if you were on NG+. Hoping it's the same thing with P5

Tamanon

Banned
Just wondering if NG+ works the same way in previous games where you retain your money, personality stats (kindness, bravery, etc) , and compendium ? If so does it make it whole lot easier to do all confidants in that NG+ playthrough like with P4's NG+?

You really didn't need a FAQ to do all social links in P4 if you were on NG+. Hoping it's the same thing with P5

Yes it does work like P4.

pahamrick

Amazon moved my ship date to April 11th (sigh), ended up going digital so I could play on release.

Amazon inexplicably canceled my TYH edition on Thursday (I pre-ordered on June 8th). The only thing I got out of the rep I spoke to was that applying gift card balance to the order changed my place in the queue, and when they came up short on stock mine got canceled (I don't even know if I should believe that or not.) I ended up getting enough Amazon credit out of them to get the digital version for free so I'm not too annoyed about it.

Haven't seen any other comments about other recent randomly cancelled orders, but I don't think I'll be using Amazon for any other LE style pre-orders in the future.

Jesus, there is no way anyone can beat this cheap bastard on the first try. I didn't stock up on revive potions. After 3 tries, I gave up and restarted over from the morning to retock the potions before I killed him. Boss gets multiple turns in one pass, and you have to kill all components in the same round? AND half of them absorb magic, the other half absorb physical! fuck that.

He got me twice until I learned the pattern. Just properly be leveled a good indicator is the thieves guide feature.

Do you get different endings depending on your difficulty? I enjoy a good challenge but don't have a ton of time to devote to the game each day, so I'd like to make progress without worrying about a) not getting the "true" ending and b) getting one-shotted constantly.

btkadams

Do you get different endings depending on your difficulty? I enjoy a good challenge but don't have a ton of time to devote to the game each day, so I'd like to make progress without worrying about a) not getting the "true" ending and b) getting one-shotted constantly.
If it's anything like the previous games, different endings are determined by different choices made in conversations/dialogue. I haven't beaten it yet though so I'm not sure.

Difficultly doesn't effect the story.
The game will tell you that when you pick your difficulty.

pablito

Lmfao *light confidant spoilers*

watched movies with Ryuji. The Dark Knight reference had me weak

I love this game.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Lmfao *light confidant spoilers*

watched movies with Ryuji. The Dark Knight reference had me weak

I love this game.

People said these moments aren't subbed so if you play with jp voices and can't understand japanese you will miss out on it which sucks.

Only 2 days...

88EvfARM1YaCQ.gif

It helps to have a decently leveled
Death Arcana. If you can get the Level 19 Matador with Swift Strike he pretty much vaporizes everything but the mouth even on hard mode. The damage on that boss is pretty insane though; 150 damage without hitting a weakness.

The wait from 2014 was long, but it's these last 24hrs that are a killer...

I need to stop clicking on this thread. All these spoiler bars and people galking about bosses etc is raising my blood pressure.

Panda Rin

Just beat the third dungeon, and the game on Normal so far is easier than P3 or P4. Died only on the final boss in the second dungeon..normal mobs are a breeze considering how easy it is to ambush.

Still loving every second though. Game moves at a much faster pace despite the ludicrous game length.

Jiraiza

For some reason they're just audio, and a bit muffled at that.

It seems like that lots of the background stuff (signs, and some weird missed dialogue in cutscenes) doesn't have subtitles in English, either. Hopefully the Japanese DLC fixes that otherwise non-Japanese speakers won't be able to enjoy it to the fullest with the JPN audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom