• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philippo

My go-to online store still hasn't put P5 online...
I hope it's tomorrow but even then it willcome no sooner than the 5th :/

Was it scheduled for Tuesday still when you contacted them or was yours pushed back? Also how did you get in touch?
It was pushed to Thursday. It said arriving on Thursday instead of Tuesday like it used to said. I was upset to be honest. So earlier today I checked because I was getting worried that mine hadn't shipped yet. It said shipping on Tuesday and arriving on Thursday.

I sent an email to them in the morning with the order number and they responded about half and hour ago at 2PM.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Hope when games like this live up to almost a decade of expectations, people can stop saying it's impossible for a game to live up to almost a decade of expectations.... :-x Of course this also is a lesson for devs that they can and should control expectations.

MTC100

Banned
I feel like individually, they're better than P4's characters. But together as a group of friends, P4's gang felt closer. P4's cast had more moments that showed them together as a group, including their spin-off titles(though I don't feel that the spin-offs did add much in that regard).

I see, no worries then, the idea that they acted as a group wasn't that important to me anyway, now I'm even more hyped, let's hope the plane with my game doesn't crash!

Ostinatto

Yes. Ostinatto is known to have high standards for the brightness levels of his games.

Yeah, this is unacceptable.

1430494145-3curew.jpg

Jeb

I have to say, I'm loving the difficulty so far on hard.

At the intro to the third dungeon and just finished the fight with the waves of oni and that other oni looking shadow
and I love how you are forced to use all tools you've got to get out of seemingly impossible fights.

I was worried since I felt P4 Golden went overboard with the easing of the game, but P5 has me impressed, so far atleast.

LowParry

Amazon not screwing me up this time. Tuesday arrival. After finishing Nier and Zelda, I am very excited to play something that's not some open world game.

I've asked this before, but combat is a lot more fun right? Not the boring dungeon runs like P4? I'd love for some turn based combat that's actually fun with a great story and cast this time.

And what kind of time we talking to finish the game?

Zurick

Banned
A friend and I psn-share, and it let him pre-load it, but I can't pre-load it on my PS. I see it in my library, but it has no option to DL it, nor can I find an option on the store. Any ideas?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
FYI, Gamestops will be doing a 9PM launch for this game on Monday like other recent big releases.

My TYH also switched to Thursday. I contacted Amazon via their online support chat and had it switched back to Tuesday. This was yesterday but it still hasn't shipped. My copy of FF15 was two days late so I'm not holding my breath.

Rainer70

A friend and I psn-share, and it let him pre-load it, but I can't pre-load it on my PS. I see it in my library, but it has no option to DL it, nor can I find an option on the store. Any ideas?

Same, must be a PSN share glitch.

Maybe it'll only let the primary PS4 preload, and switching your PS4 to your primary might work. I just don't know if I wanna go through the hassle of deactivating / reactivating 2 PS4s right now.

Pretty sure when gamesharing now you have to be the home ps4 or whatever of the account that bought the game so I don't think two ps4s can play the same application bought by the same account

My TYH also switched to Thursday. I contacted Amazon via their online support chat and had it switched back to Tuesday. This was yesterday but it still hasn't shipped. My copy of FF15 was two days late so I'm not holding my breath.

It kind of sucks that we have to strong-arm Amazon CS to try to get it on time. I wonder what they are doing, pushing back random customers game that haven't said anything yet?

This must be an Atlus supply issue right?

Would you guys like me to copy my original email contact and the rep's response and put it on this thread?

Wouldn't mind that sure.

That would probably be helpful if you don't mind.
Wouldn't mind that sure.
Okay!
AlexFlame116 said:
Order Id:
What's it to ya?
Selected Order Items: Persona 5 - PlayStation 4 "Take Your Heart" Premium Edition Edition

Comments:My delivery date was moved to Thursday instead of Tuesday when I was supposed to arrive. I have release date delivery with Prime 2-Day Shipping so this shouldn't happen.
Sounds rude now that I read it again. I feel bad now.

Here is the response!
Amazon Rep said:
Hello,

I'm very sorry to hear that the estimated delivery date of your order#
nice try!
was changed. I understand how disappointed you must be. That's definitely not what we want our customers to experience.

As a valuable customer I want to help you with this, while looking into this, I found a problem that was preventing your order from shipping.

However, there is no need to worry about this, the error have been fixed, you will receive the order by the Release Date.

I'd like to get your order to you faster to help make up for the delay, So I've upgraded the shipping method to One-day shipping. There's no additional charge for this. A detailed summary of your adjusted order can be found here: -

I can confirm that you will receive your order by April 4, 2017​

And also I'll have a follow-up on your order, So that once your order gets shipped, I'll personally contact the carrier and provide special instructions to deliver this order to you sooner. Please don't concern. We'll take care of this.

On a personal level, I highly appreciate your patience, cooperation and understanding in this matter. It's our privilege to have you as a valuable customer and always taken care of.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

"I'll just do this next floor then turn it off"

*4 hours later*

Done the first dungeon now, gotta say i'm enjoying the tone and characters a lot more than P4 (which i loved aswell from what i played), just feels like there's more weight and therefore consequence to everything.

Ramenman

Hi guys,

For those already playing, can you say what are the available difficulty levels ?
I enjoyed P4G on my vita but mainly because I could put it on "very easy" and be largely braindead about the JRPG systems and fight, and just enjoy the story/music/characters/STYYYLE.

I plan to do the same on P5.

pahamrick

Same, must be a PSN share glitch.

Maybe it'll only let the primary PS4 preload, and switching your PS4 to your primary might work. I just don't know if I wanna go through the hassle of deactivating / reactivating 2 PS4s right now.

There's a preload issue on the latest firmware. Search for it in your library, click the search result icon. You'll be able to preload.

"I'll just do this next floor then turn it off"

*4 hours later*

Done the first dungeon now, gotta say i'm enjoying the tone and characters a lot more than P4 (which i loved aswell from what i played), just feels like there's more weight and therefore consequence to everything.

How much days did it take you to do the first dungeon?

Hi guys,

For those already playing, can you say what are the available difficulty levels ?
I enjoyed P4G on my vita but mainly because I could put it on "very easy" and be largely braindead about the JRPG systems and fight, and just enjoy the story/music/characters/STYYYLE.

I plan to do the same on P5.

Safe
Easy
Normal
Hard I'm pretty sure are all of them

kollapse

Neo Member
My Amazon Canada situation for the TYH edition is frustrating and scary.

Preordered last year, old credit card with old billing address, can't update it due to an error. Chatted 6 times since Thursday and called twice with no resolution.

Anyone else in the same place?

Olengie

Mine changed to Thursday as well for the TYH edition...now to start to worry. Please report back if you have any luck or they let you know why the delay.

I contacted them yesterday and the rep said mine had a note saying Hazardous materials and payment decline. The payment decline was bs because it was paid off.

Ricker

Safe
Easy
Normal
Hard I'm pretty sure are all of them

Okay so normal must be challenging if there's a very easy(safe) lol...going to start on normal...age old question,can you change the difficulty during play(would be a first for Persona games I think) but most games do now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom