• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so normal must be challenging if there's a very easy(safe) lol...going to start on normal...age old question,can you change the difficulty during play(would be a first for Persona games I think) but most games do now...

You can unless you start on safe, in which case your stuck with it. I'm finding normal a good challenge tbh, make the smart moves and you'll be fine, make the wrong moves or get ambushed by the wrong enemy and that can easily be your ass.

mollipen

Okay so normal must be challenging if there's a very easy(safe) lol...going to start on normal...age old question,can you change the difficulty during play(would be a first for Persona games I think) but most games do now...

Normal ended up being a bit easier than I was expecting, but YMMV.

calder

Yeah I've tried a few different ways and it always leads to the launch clockdown with no option to download.

It didn't work for me either but I searched for the game in the Library section *inside* the Store instead of using the Library on the main UI. That let me preload.

Ramenman

Safe
Easy
Normal
Hard I'm pretty sure are all of them

Ah great, I suppose "safe" is the equivalent of P4G's "very easy" (a fitting name because I think you couldn't even get gameover from a fight, one of your characters would always rise again if you got wiped, so the worse thing that can happen against a very tough secret boss is that you can't do shit to him because your characters spend too much time being dead and don't have the time to strike : D )

Thanks for the answer !

Any recommendations for items to get my SP up? I have the feeling that I just can't continue just because I don't have these items. It's a bit sad that I have to LEAVE the dungeon to refill my SP.

There's a dungeon at the start that you have to complete in 14 days (+-) before it's game over. But what if you're a new player and you decide to do other things before going? If you went with two days left, you'd be screwed, right?

Any recommendations for items to get my SP up? I have the feeling that I just can't continue just because I don't have these items. It's a bit sad that I have to LEAVE the dungeon to refill my SP.

There's a dungeon at the start that you have to complete in 14 days (+-) before it's game over. But what if you're a new player and you decide to do other things before going? If you went with two days left, you'd be screwed, right?

There's really not much for SP refill items. You can buy 5sp recovery drinks at various vending machines; there's three in particular I recall.

300yen vending machines in the courtyard of your school, in the arcade on Shibuya Central Street.
100yen vending machines by the laundromat outside LeBlanc.

Ends up being a total of 40sp worth of drinks that restock every week. So basically almost no SP recovery is available early game.

I managed to go from the entrance to the treasure in one run, but had to drop the difficulty to easy in the second half and did alot of running away. Key is to realize who you can kill with physical attacks to spare yourself from using any SP at all.

After the first dungeon if you prioritize Death Arcana and are VERY stingy with your cash you can conceivably get the 7SP regeneration accessory for 50k yen by the second dungeon.

My Amazon Canada situation for the TYH edition is frustrating and scary.

Preordered last year, old credit card with old billing address, can't update it due to an error. Chatted 6 times since Thursday and called twice with no resolution.

Anyone else in the same place?
If they can't change it, add gift card balance to your account then apply it to your order. They'll probably switch the delivery date but just contact them and ask them to have it delivered Tuesday instead. They happily switched my order to 1 day shipping after I applied a gift card balance last night.

Rainer70

It didn't work for me either but I searched for the game in the Library section *inside* the Store instead of using the Library on the main UI. That let me preload.

Edit: It worked, thanks. It was showing the countdown, I backed out, re-entered and it gave the option to download.

There's really not much for SP refill items. You can buy 5sp recovery drinks at various vending machines; there's three in particular I recall.

300yen vending machines in the courtyard of your school, in the arcade on Shibuya Central Street.
100yen vending machines by the laundromat outside LeBlanc.

Ends up being a total of 40sp worth of drinks that restock every week. So basically almost no SP recovery is available early game.

I managed to go from the entrance to the treasure in one run, but had to drop the difficulty to easy in the second half and did alot of running away. Key is to realize who you can kill with physical attacks to spare yourself from using any SP at all.

After the first dungeon if you prioritize Death Arcana and are VERY stingy with your cash you can conceivably get the 7SP regeneration accessory for 50k yen by the second dungeon.

Alright, thanks for the tips!

JJShadow

I'm finding myself having this SP problem in the first dungeon as well, I was planning on finishing the second half in a single run, but between this and the difficulty spike (normal here) in this half I had to retreat

I've read something about
making coffee
in order to recover SP? Is this later in the game?

SkylineRKR

Starting a dungeon with 2 days left fuck you up I think. You need a mandatory extra day to finish it.

SP shouldn't be much of an issue on Normal at least. I did the first 2 dungeons in about 3 or 4 visits. Bring lockpicks, which chests seem to give some SP items as well. I usually had about 2 or 3 refill items per dungeon. Just don't waste too much SP. Always ambush, use physical attacks and specials. Save magic for weaken enemies only. Ask the tougher enemies for items to quickly end the fight (won't give as much XP though).

I think its fine as it is, those dungeons aren't meant to be one shotted. If you're new and start the dungeon right away, you'll have plenty of time and chances to beat it. The same is for gun ammo, running out of that while encountering lots of enemies weak to it can be a nuisance too.

kollapse

Neo Member
If they can't change it, add gift card balance to your account then apply it to your order. They'll probably switch the delivery date but just contact them and ask them to have it delivered Tuesday instead. They happily switched my order to 1 day shipping after I applied a gift card balance last night.

Thanks for this - I'll see if this will do it!

Zafir

Man, does everyone just run through the dungeon at the start of every period or something. :p

Checking the network, people seemed to do that on the first dungeon, and now it's the same on the second dungeon.

I'm just mixing things up personally...

QuadOpto

Question: Do guns have infinite ammo? I keep forgetting how they're used. Also, do different gun types have different effects? Like, only certain guns attack all enemies, or is that a Confidant skill?

SkylineRKR

No infinite, though ammo count depends on the gun you use (its listed at the vendor). It seems Ann's gun attacks all enemies but also misses quite a bit.

Man, does everyone just run through the dungeon at the start of every period or something. :p

Checking the network, people seemed to do that on the first dungeon, and now it's the same on the second dungeon.

Yeah I don't want to do other stuff with a deadline watching over me.

JJShadow

I rather finish the dungeon asap and then forget about it and do other stuff without a deadline watching over me, cannot focus well under pressure :p

Question: Do guns have infinite ammo? I keep forgetting how they're used. Also, do different gun types have different effects? Like, only certain guns attack all enemies, or is that a Confidant skill?

At least at the beginning, all guns have limited ammo, and you can only restore it by coming back to real world. Regarding ypur second question, there are different types of guns (pistols, slingshots, miniguns...) and at least Ann's minigun seems to hit all enemies (it has a really low accuracy though)

LProtag

Somehow I'm completely calm waiting for this game.

It's like, I've waited so long for it, what's a few more days?

I'm not even super giddy or excited, it's just like, I know I'm going to start playing Tuesday after work and it's going to consume my life. It's just a way of life.

Matsukaze

Oh so I can do actual "free roaming" after I'm done with the first dungeon?

I still don't completely understand this game, and I love it!
Yeah, after you take down the boss of the dungeon, you no longer have to worry about that dungeon's deadline screwing with your plans. You're free to go do whatever you like, and then upon hitting the target date, the story will progress.

nasax

Ordered
Mar 29

Shipping soon

Arriving Tue, Apr 4
-------

If it doesn't ship by tomorrow noon or so, I'm going to have a little talk with Amazon. I'm freaking out a bit lol

Goldboy

Sorry if this has been asked, but how's the difficulty in this compared to P4G? In P4G I was typically able to clear dungeons in one day without many issues on normal, I'm wondering if I can expect to do the same here?

BajiBoxer

Banned
Mine has shipped and is on the way. I've avoided pretty much all infor about the game aside from the first trailer, and my hype level is much higher than I thought it would be! Started a game of Persona 3 Portable with the lady mc just to have a Persona fix while I wait, lol.

Zafir

Did someone manage to do the 1st Palace in one day like the guide suggests?

I can only imagine you'd manage to do that if you skipped a lot of enemies. You're just going to run out of SP.

I did it in two.
Well, three when you count the fact you have to leave to send the calling card.

JJShadow

Did someone manage to do the 1st Palace in one day like the guide suggests?

I think it's practically impossible to do it in a single run in Normal difficulty (unless you skip a lot of enemies) mainly due to the SP limitation early on and the difficulty spike in the second half

On Safe and Easy modes it should be doable

Ion Guru

Persona 5 will be my first Persona game and I'm excited to give it a try. I was a bit wary as I'm not a huge fan of anime (though I do like some games that are anime in a sense, like Yakuza and MGS), but I've been watching the Giant Bomb endurance run and liking what I see for the most part. Hasn't shipped from Amazon yet, but I'm still working through Zelda and Horizon: Zero Dawn so no big deal.

TB12

Banned
Got it last friday, and play about 20 hours so far!
And i think this is my game of the year... i like this game more than zelda or Horizon...

IMG_20170331_185512.jpg

It's past midnight here, april 3rd, and Deep Silver already released the japanese audio track :

https://store.playstation.com/#!/fr-fr/jeux/extensions/persona-5-japanese-audio-track/cid=EP4062-CUSA06638_00-ADDCONTENT000022

hope it will be the same for the US, since i'll get it tomorrow morning

Doesn't look like it can be downloaded yet though, although the other free dlc seems to be up too, and that can be purchased.

Merciless difficulty: https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...ulty/cid=EP4062-CUSA06638_00-ADDCONTENT000025

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom