• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jachaos

Oh so I can do actual "free roaming" after I'm done with the first dungeon?

I still don't completely understand this game, and I love it!

Yep! The essence of Persona, at least since Persona 3, is usually only first seen after completing the first dungeon/operation. Game opens up considerably from there. That's when the unique hook of one more day, of choosing what to do, sets in.

silva1991

The 2nd boss is where I think people with single save may actually have to start the game all over (or lower the difficulty) because they ran out of time or resource

Wouldn't Igor send the played like a week before the deadline if the player skipped the boss? at least that was a thing in P3 or 4 iirc and I would be surprised if it wasn't in this game.

Okay so normal must be challenging if there's a very easy(safe) lol...going to start on normal...age old question,can you change the difficulty during play(would be a first for Persona games I think) but most games do now...

yeah you can change your difficulty during a playthrough but only if your current difficulty is not safe

I'm finding myself having this SP problem in the first dungeon as well, I was planning on finishing the second half in a single run, but between this and the difficulty spike (normal here) in this half I had to retreat

I've read something about
making coffee
in order to recover SP? Is this later in the game?

Coffee you get in after getting somebody's s.link pretty sure and there are a few vending machines that sell items that are limited and restock every week but they only recover 5 sp

Wouldn't Igor send the played like a week before the deadline if the player skipped the boss? at least that was a thing in P3 or 4 iirc and I would be surprised if it wasn't in this game.

I was given the option to go back a week when I died to the first boss, so it is a thing here too.

Olengie

Amazon CS got back to me and are now claiming that the shipping address I put down is "not active".

WHUT? I literally bought an item from Amazon last week with the "inactive" address. This is absolutely ridiculous. (excuses used so far: hazardous materials, unable to charge payment method, and now "inactive address")

EDIT: Apparently, the address I used was inactive and I was prompted to "update' my address to the same goddam address I have always been using

Certinty

Only played half of the first dungeon but this is already so much better than the awful ones in Persona 4 in which I forced myself to run through them.

Also can anyone spoiler a reply telling me how many dungeons there are? Thanks.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Amazon CS got back to me and are now claiming that the shipping address I put down is "not active".

WHUT? I literally bought an item from Amazon last week with the "inactive" address. This is absolutely ridiculous. (excuses used so far: hazardous materials, unable to charge payment method, and now "inactive address")
Are you contacting them via email? Always use chat. Go to phone and escalate if they keep giving you the run-around.

massoluk

Banned
Ahh, I totally didn't know about this or may be it slipped my mind, it's been a long time, Persona

Times like this when it's clear that street date has been broken I wish Publishers would just at the very least unlock digital downloads/preorders.

Amazon now says "Shipping" for me, happened around noon today.

Crossing my fingers that it somehow reaches my doorstep tomorrow. I doubt it, but I can still dream.

styl3s

Are you contacting them via email? Always use chat. Go to phone and escalate if they keep giving you the run-around.
I have done all 3 and they are telling me its now back-ordered even though they continued to sell it months after i pre-ordered mine. That thing literally went back up for sale for days and weeks at a time 6,7,8,9+ months after i pre-ordered how do they even determine who gets their shit back-ordered/canceled?

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Alright guys I just preordered this game via Amazon. First time ever preordering and I don't even own a PS4 yet haha. But I will to play this and Horizon :)

Olengie

I have done all 3 and they are telling me its now back-ordered even though they continued to sell it months after i pre-ordered mine. That thing literally went back up for sale for days and weeks at a time 6,7,8,9+ months after i pre-ordered how do they even determine who gets their shit back-ordered/canceled?

yeah, it's pretty bs when you ordered this the moment it went live on Amazon.

Oh crap my carrier service is USPS...I've always had problems with them and my items arriving damaged.

Only exception so far was my Master Edition which looks like everything came great!

But my poor NieR Automata Black Box Edition...

Woo beat the second boss on hard mode.
Will definantly actually start buying guns and shit now, cause dat was brutal.
A lot harder than the usual SMT " we gonna fuck you up now if you ain't using debuffs" boss.

Jiraiza

Looks like putting those absurdly higher level monsters to sleep helps a lot. Gotta score those technicals before getting wreck.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
This games good, right? I haven't really heard anything about it since I wanna just see it for myself but how was the reception when it originally came out? I haven't heard anyone talk about it either way.

silva1991

https://store.playstation.com/#!/it-it/cerca/q=persona 5

So yeah, apparently all the free ULC/DLC scheduled for 4/4 are already up in Europe. Nice, aleady put everything in DL queue.
BTW, I didn't expect the JPN voice acting to be only 2.9 GB.

Downloading now.

Hell no to the new hardest mode lol.

This games good, right? I haven't really heard anything about it since I wanna just see it for myself but how was the reception when it originally came out? I haven't heard anyone talk about it either way.

Well it is GOTG material, so yes it's pretty good.

-Horizon-

Shipping today

afb.gif

FYI the free Healing Item set contains 1 Soma, 1 Soul Food and 3 Revival Beads.
No detail in the Skill Cards Set, may be randomized.
Both can be downloaded only once per account.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Japaneses voices downloaded and activated in the config menu!

Also i thought you couldn't take screenshots or take video clips ? But so far it seems to be working, maybe it's only on after the intro/prologue.

Will download the JP audio, not sure ill use it, but if i recall correctly in the anime episode chopper was morgana and thats pretty tempting.

Anyone else in the UK still not had amazon dispatch TYH edition?

Paid extra for one-day shipping and got USPS as my carrier.

Thanks, Amazon. At least I'll be able to play this a little bit on Tuesday as the mail gets here at almost 6 PM.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
You're in for a treat! Be sure to check out Bloodborne and Until Dawn as well.
I'm not into the whole dark soul type of super difficult games myself. I also already watched my friend played Until Dawn through before because it was pretty interesting. Don't want to clog up this thread so if you got other suggestions, PM to let me know please :)

Davilmar

I just got a message from Amazon saying that my premium edition of Persona 5 has shipped, and will be delivered by tomorrow. We shall see, but I am excited!

I just got a message from Amazon saying that my premium edition of Persona 5 has shipped, and will be delivered by tomorrow. We shall see, but I am excited!

I still have no word from Amazon, and I preordered last June. Still says "will arrive on Tuesday," but has not shipped yet. I'm still busy with Horizon, and started rewatching the P4 endurance run in the meantime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom