• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

StereoVsn

Signed. Reading guides basically kills half the game and turns it into stressful busywork and you'll waste hours being glued to the guide. If you do a NG+ you can easily max everything and get your Platinum trophy. Enjoy that first playthrough.
Yeap, first play through should be mostly blind. The only thing I want to look up is which Slinks to focus on first since sometimes they end in say November or provide significant upsides early on. But I am not planning to do mon/max for them or anything else.

Oh, and test answers I will probably look up if I don't know/can't guess since they ask for all kinds of Japanese knowledge that one wouldn't necessarily have.

Kazzy

The big one is the dub cannot pronounce hardly any of the Japanese names correctly.
Sometimes different characters will even pronounce it two different ways, both wrong!

Its really sloppy to be honest.

Noooo!

I can't unhear that sort of stuff :(

StereoVsn

Noooo!

I can't unhear that sort of stuff :(
I wasn't particularly fond of the voices in all the English videos but there were couple of comments that they were cut terribly.

I am still debating if I want to do fist play through in English and then Japanese for NG+ or vice-versa. I do have a decent grasp of spoken Japanese but it's not enough for full understanding and for a game like P5 I want to get the story and pay attention to stylish surroundings and VA/music and reading subs detracts a bit. Not a huge deal certainly.

MTC100

Banned
365games.co.uk ROCKS!

p5k1jn0.jpg

It's HERE! Looks like the delivery guys work Sunday too, cause it was sent on Friday 5pm. and had to travel 1500km.

I'm surprised the game reviewed that well in EU considering it doesn't even have translations into any EU language.
Most RPG fans are used to playing in english.
It's only France, Italy or Spain that might have problems. And even there, young people shouldn't have much problem understating written english.

I speak english, german, spanish and some italian and can't remember the last game I didn't play in english.

marmoka

Banned
Crap!

I got a phone call from the post office, telling me that I wouldn't receive my copy until tomorrow instead of getting it today. I gave my company's direction to Amazon, and the guy at the post office told me that the postman wasn't sure if he had to ship it in my company or somewhere else, and left.

Can you believe this? I don't know if this is a very bad excuse and no postman came here. If it's true that he didn't know if this was the correct place, he could have called me for confirmation, and I would had come out to pick it if he had some problems.

Crap! Crap! Three times crap!!!

JJShadow

Anyone got any more "10 beginner tips" like the 'press square to auto heal' above ?

I'm starting today. Tips for noobs?

Based on my first 10 hours experience (will spoiler just in case, nothing is story-related)

- Press square to auto-heal (lol)
- Normal difficulty provides a fair amount of challenge
- SP is the main limitation during the first dungeon, so try not to abuse SP-dependent skills (normal melee attacks deal a nice amount of damage)
- Extorting enemies for money or items is the fastest way to finish battles against tough enemies (you won't earn much experience though)
- Focus on getting one Persona of each element early on
- You can safely sell all the items marked as "treasure" for tons of money
- Use guns against flying enemies

Okay, I'm having a discussion with a friend and he is just hellbent on believing that JP voices aren't currently playable in EU version. So Gaf, please answer this as clearly as possible.

Have anyone with EU version been able to play the game with JP voices? Have you guys heard the JP voices in EU version?

Please guys, just answer these. I'm losing my mind here lol

Mupod

All party members get exp I think? So I guess that won't work anymore?

I was curious if they did anything like this but nobody was able to answer me the last few times I asked. Makes sense.

Lol this sounds rough. These games without all-out attack are nightmares for me.

It's not something you want to do early on, but look at it this way - if you don't bring other party members, and you don't have a persona with weaknesses, it's not that risky as long as you don't let the enemies fight back. In P4 where I did this a lot, I leveled up so fast that the enemies all were 'small' to me on the map so I could surprise them easily.

I actually wanted to avoid doing it in P5 even if it was possible. Because in P4 once I got to the point where my option was to either solo the final boss or grind 20 levels on 3 of my other characters I stopped playing

okay atlus, why did you not put subtitles for a TV reporter that talks during like 10 sec (about an important incident) while the characters are watching, and as soon as the charcter talks, there's subtitles?

If you put japanese audio we will not understand shit.... i mean it's not hard to do at all... And it's not even a complain about japanese audio, people who are deaf, it will be a problem for them too!

it's pretty minor sure, but i hope there will not be important thing missed because of this

Okay, I'm having a discussion with a friend and he is just hellbent on believing that JP voices aren't currently playable in EU version. So Gaf, please answer this as clearly as possible.

Have anyone with EU version been able to play the game with JP voices? Have you guys heard the JP voices in EU version?

i have three friends who already downloaded the japanese voice (but they didn't get the game yet)! Would be surprising that they would not be able to play it in japanese right now if they had the game!

silva1991

I have the EU version and downloaded the JP audio from Saudi store(Saudi store = EU)

Yes I heard at least one of the Igor girls and Morgana talk.

Impulsor

Don't look up anything and go in blind.

Based on my first 10 hours experience (will spoiler just in case, nothing is story-related)

- Press square to auto-heal (lol)
- Normal difficulty provides a fair amount of challenge
- SP is the main limitation during the first dungeon, so try not to abuse SP-dependent skills (normal melee attacks deal a nice amount of damage)
- Extorting enemies for money or items is the fastest way to finish battles against tough enemies (you won't earn much experience though)
- Focus on getting one Persona of each element early on
- You can safely sell all the items marked as "treasure" for tons of money
- Use guns against flying enemies
Thanks guys!

Will definetely go in blind for my first playthrough.

Need some advice GAF...

So, I won't be getting to this until probably the end of May, so 6-8 weeks most likely. Just have some other stuff I'm playing plus work commitments, etc.

That said, I'm pondering whether I should order it now or wait. Two questions:

- Will the Prime discount still apply after the game comes out? Right now it's saying my price at checkout will be $47.99. If that discount still applies after release then I'll wait.

- What will the price likely be 6-8 weeks out? My guess is that it will still be $60, but I'm terrible at predicting price drops.

Can someone link me to the music we ear at the beginning (very first gameplay section when you start)?

It's amazing, but i don't want to spoil myself so i'm affraid to search for it, haha

Jamiaro

This game seems interesting but really overwhelming at the same time with all the timed missions etc. :/

Is there no chance to farm/grind, explore or stuff like that? Time management is my biggest concern...

jfoul

Need some advice GAF...

So, I won't be getting to this until probably the end of May, so 6-8 weeks most likely. Just have some other stuff I'm playing plus work commitments, etc.

That said, I'm pondering whether I should order it now or wait. Two questions:

- Will the Prime discount still apply after the game comes out? Right now it's saying my price at checkout will be $47.99. If that discount still applies after release then I'll wait.

- What will the price likely be 6-8 weeks out? My guess is that it will still be $60, but I'm terrible at predicting price drops.

You will probably see it for around $40 - 45. I guess it all comes down to if you want the Steelbook, or not.

Hoo-doo

Banned
This game is so, so good. In two days i've already put in over 11 hours and can't wait to play more. No game has grabbed me like this in years.
Fortunately it arrived at my doorstop right when I had two full weeks off, so that's great timing.
I kept myself completely in the dark before release too so everything feels fresh and i'm having my mind blown every time some new mechanic or character reveals itself.

Also, best soundtrack of the generation for me already. The heavier tracks, the mellow jazz and the slow squealing Opeth-like guitar jams, it just feels perfect in every scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom