• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
Er...

Whenever I load my save I get english voices despite turning on JP ones. :/

Don't tell me I have to start over.

You're pressing triangle on the load menu right? Not just using the option in config?

Hoo-doo

Banned
Also, I don't really get the desire to set the language to JP when people themselves don't speak any Japanese. I love that it's an option though.

In my opinion, a lot of nuance is lost with subtitles. Sure the voice-acting is more authentic in japanese, but to me it isn't worth the sacrifice of not just being able to listen to the conversation as it's happening and the characters responding to eachother. It helps that the US dub is pretty damn great.

Ourobolus

Banned
Gah, goddammit. Preordered the steelbook back in November, but then I moved across the country in January and didn't update the shipping address. Mail forwarding should still kick in, but I gotta wait like another week to get the damn game. FUCK

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
wheres my voucher sony? :(

Also, I don't really get the desire to set the language to JP when people themselves don't speak any Japanese. I love that it's an option though.

In my opinion, a lot of nuance is lost with subtitles. Sure the voice-acting is more authentic in japanese, but to me it isn't worth the sacrifice of not just being able to listen to the conversation as it's happening and the characters responding to eachother. It helps that the US dub is pretty damn great.

but you are listening to the conversation? I mean...what?

do you also not watch foreign films or anime? or you do and just watch it all dubbed?

Amazon is sending my Take your Heart Edition today, can't wait til I get off work.

This will be the game that breaks me away from Botw. All I've done is play botw since release so this will be a nice change of pace.

Is it possible to use the guild network during dialogues with confidents?
Nope.

Got my bestbuy confirmation on the special ed, not sure if I'll keep it seeing as I've got the game already. Really need to see more pics and vids of the bag. Really hope it not too big as I wanted something for school books not a laptop:/

Fireblend

Banned

I think it may be partly a cultural thing. As a Costa Rican, I'm too used to most of the media I consume being subtitled, even when I didn't know any english, so I think they just annoy me less than they would for people who're used to consuming media in their native language, and I'm sort of used to getting that nuance anyway - plus I like the more melodramatic tone of Japanese VAs on average.

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
For real? The easiest difficulty is 'Very Easy' right? Then it's 'Easy'. So in theory, if I choose 'Easy' I can switch to Normal etc., but not switch down to Very Easy?

Well it's called "Safe," but you can switch down to it from Easy or Normal, you just can't go back once you do.

Tidd

Does anyone else have trouble to download the items and the difficulty? I can't see the download button on the PSN site. No problems with the Japanese audio track.

vTUM13n.png

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Simple yes or no, no spoilers beyond that please.

Is the cast of Persona 3/4 in or referenced in this game at all?

silva1991

Does anyone else have trouble to download the items and the difficulty? I can't see the download button on the PSN site. No problems with the Japanese audio track.

I thought it was a problem until I played the game.

Load one of the saving files and you should get those.

Hoo-doo

Banned
I think it may be partly a cultural thing. As a Costa Rican, I'm too used to most of the media I consume being subtitled, even when I didn't know any english, so I think they just annoy me less than they would for people who're used to consuming media in their native language, and I'm sort of used to getting that nuance anyway - plus I like the more melodramatic tone of Japanese VAs on average.

I am fine with subtitles too, I live in the Netherlands and we don't dub shit and basically all speak proper english.

But I don't speak Japanese. And therefore I think some of the nuance of the conversation is lost when you can't discern the actual words being spoken and how they are spoken. There's more to speech than just the tone of someone's voice.
But that's all just my personal opinion. I'm glad Atlus gave us the option and I'm sure the game is just as good regardless of language.

People should really give the US dub a chance though. It's great.

haolee

Neo Member
Post third dungeon very light spoilers
The scene where the group escaped the Palace lost most of its comedic value due to the English VA sounding mostly bored/unexcited, IMO. I loved that scene in the original game and was looking forward to it again, but I'm kind if disappointed

LiK

The guy said no spoilers though.

Saying yes or no is already a bit of a spoiler for references, imo. A spoiler tag would just do us blind folks good before the launch date. Anyway, I'm out, was here for the shipping shenanigens.

See you again after I actually play the game, guys.

Yu Narukami

Saying yes or no is already a bit of a spoiler for references, imo. A spoiler tag would just do us blind folks good before the launch date. Anyway, I'm out, was here for the shipping shenanigens.

See you again after I actually play the game, guys.
Sorry I meant Spinx.

Same here, ordered back in July 2016. Still no notification. NYC so maybe that means they can get it here quickly? UPS always comes at like 9pm, so its hard to feel like its really release date shipping.

My preorder still hasn't shipped... Still says its arriving tomorrow at 8. :/

kromeo

Gah, can't see anything but reflection on the TV screen even with the curtains closed, going to have to wait until tonight to start

Ourobolus

Banned
Oh thank god. Got Amazon to cancel my current order and ship a replacement to the correct address. I should still get it tomorrow! WOO

kromeo

Not sure If I want to go with hard or normal difficulty, I found normal was about right in P3 and a bit too easy for the most part in 4G

Fuck me.
Persona 5 just arrived, but i can't play it because my God Eater 2 Disc is stuck.

PS4 Pro is acting like there is no disc inside (no disc symbol next to the game, eject beep noise when no disc inside).
Starting the game still works.

Rebuilding Data Base right now and hope it works :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom