• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was just hanging around here reading impressions when I just got the update that my copy has shipped.

I've managed to keep myself in the dark about almost everything and I should finally be able to join in on the fun tomorrow.

B00TE

The one time Best Buy doesn't deliver a day early, and it's for this. If I hadn't played the JP release I'd be going completely insane, heh.

Pre-ordered the steel book edition this morning. Hopefully the order page is wrong and I won't actually have to wait until Thursday to receive it.

Fireblend

Banned
So JP voices not available in NA yet? I see the language pack in the store but no download button or anything. Will it appear automatically in my Download List once it's available?

Just woke up, and saw an email from Amazon saying my steel book copy has shipped! It'll be delivered by USPS. I know some of you guys have bad experienced with them, but they've always been good for me. They delivered Horizon to me around 10am, along with my regular mail, so P5 should arrive that time as well. Lucky coincidence, but I also have Tuesday off and didn't even request it 😎

Burbeting

Banned
My local Gamestop called me that I won't receive take your edition because they allowed for people to preorder it even though it was sold out, lol...

LancePrime

Neo Member
just got an email from GAME in the UK that my steelbook has been shipped by Royal Mail, not entirely sure its going to turn up by tomorrow if Royal Mail's previous behaviour is anything to go by.

NeatoKuni

And amazon still hasn't shipped mine 😥
what the hell..
For what it's worth mine said that for a while (I was up until like 2) but when I checked this morning and got a notification that said it shipped at midnight. I think it just takes a while for Amazon to update the shipping info. If you got charged you should be fine.

evilsin

Managed to clock around 20 hours over the weekend. The game is pretty amazing, it's totally what I was expecting and it's surely the most stylish one. I think the only slight gripe I have with it is that the 3D models' eyes of some characters (protagonist included, clearly seen when there is a close up to his sleeping face) are to far apart, makes them look kinda... dumber, idk.

Oh, and I'm playing on Easy, but god damn it's still hard. I barely came out alive from my first venture to the 1st dungeon and then the second boss left me on my last breath with no revival items whatsoever, even though the regular shadows were pretty easy. Maybe I'm playing it wrong, or maybe I'm not good at managing SP/items. Moreover there is not much space to grind yet, considering I want to get new personas as well as some items/money from them. Ugh, love it.

Managed to clock around 20 hours over the weekend. The game is pretty amazing, it's totally what I was expecting and it's surely the most stylish one. I think the only slight gripe I have with it is that the 3D models' eyes of some characters (protagonist included, clearly seen when there is a close up to his sleeping face) are to far apart, makes them look kinda... dumber, idk.

Oh, and I'm playing on Easy, but god damn it's still hard. I barely came out alive from my first venture to the 1st dungeon and then the second boss left me on my last breath with no revival items whatsoever, even though the regular shadows were pretty easy. Maybe I'm playing it wrong, or maybe I'm not good at managing SP/items. Moreover there is not much space to grind yet, considering I want to get new personas as well as some items/money from them. Ugh, love it.

I've only gone through the first dungeon and I'm 15 hours in and yeah the eyes kinda mother me in some of the cutscenes

ChrisD

OMG MY ORDER IS READY FOR PICKUP ACCORDING TO BEST BUY AND MY BANK ALREADY CHARGED, IT'S HAPPENI-
*Checks Gmail to get my hold paper printed*
The email says it's to be picked up tomorrow

My heart
Why do they toy with my heart
😭

aravuus

Hah, I was waiting for something like this. Definitely expecting to have a lot of difficulty with it myself on easy too.

Oh well, at least we have the super easy difficulty if the game gets genuinely overwhelming later on. No such luxury back in the Persona 3 days.

pixxxelz

For what it's worth mine said that for a while (I was up until like 2) but when I checked this morning and got a notification that said it shipped at midnight. I think it just takes a while for Amazon to update the shipping info. If you got charged you should be fine.
Just checked my bank account and yep they've already charged me, I hope you're right, I'm gonna be really upset if don't get it tomorrow.

It's the same style of characters in Catherine

haolee

Neo Member
No spoilers, but I'm around the halfway point in the story, and so far there seems to be no additional voiced dialogues.

When Atlus USA delayed the game last year, they said it was to add more time so the localization is as good as it can be. At some point people were saying it was also to add voice acting to scenes where there was no voice acting in the original JP version. I think Atlus never confirmed this, though.

It doesn't bother me that much, but by the time I finished the JP version last year, I certainly felt like overall the game's main story has less voiced lines than back in P3 and P4. It doesn't help that the scenes changed from voiced to unvoiced at a whim.

ErzaScarlet77

Neo Member
since my TYH is arrviing tomorrow, i need to sell this steelbook i got early, which place would give the most trade in value?

and would they find it weird if they see somone trading in game that literally came out that day?

rdytoroll

Anyone in Germany here that bought the game in store today? Not sure if I should just save myself the drive later and go there tomorrow

DarkStream

Any way to unlock early?
Heard Australian PSN is to unlock in about 4 hours. Crazy expensive though xD
Might as well wait until tomorrow.

Feeroper

I'm pretty excited for this game! However, my wife really dislikes JRPG's (as in the art style, soundtrack, dialogue, etc, it just isn't her cup of tea, she does not care for the anime look) so I wont be playing it too often in her presence.

How well does it perform over remote play on the Vita? Any issues to watch out for? My PS4 is connected wirelessly but Ill be playing on the same network and the router is very close so not too much concern about the signal, but doing a wired connection is possible too.

Mine shipped! Can't wait! I've managed to talk my fiancé into trying our best to playthrough it together. She's not a big RPG fan, but she's a massive fan of games like Animal Crossing, and the Sims. She's also a big fan of Sailor Moon, which I feel like this is pretty tonally similar to, given the whole 'highschoolers by day, demon fighters by night' dynamic. So, we'll playthrough in a way where we make all of the time management day-to-day decisions together, and then I'll primarily be the one to handle dungeons.

Fireblend

Banned
So JP voices not available in NA yet? I see the language pack in the store but no download button or anything. Will it appear automatically in my Download List once it's available?

The add to cart button just showed up for the language pack! Downloading now.

tmespe

Just confirmed that you need to start a new save for JP voices. Was wondering this myself, so maybe somebody else will find it useful.

Only 10 hours in so guess I'll just restart.

Edit:

You press triangle on the save screen to switch language, at will.

I was wrong. No need to restart!

Vinter

Dammit!

My Pro froze up during rest mode again. Just wanted to check how the download was going. Thats the second time that has happened with this console. Never had the problem with my OG. Luckily I saw it in good time. It stays on until the download is complete now.

since my TYH is arrviing tomorrow, i need to sell this steelbook i got early, which place would give the most trade in value?

and would they find it weird if they see somone trading in game that literally came out that day?
No one will care, they are businesses there to make money. Need release games are the easiest used games to move, and have the most trade in value. Gamestop will likely give you $40

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
No spoilers, but I'm around the halfway point in the story, and so far there seems to be no additional voiced dialogues.

When Atlus USA delayed the game last year, they said it was to add more time so the localization is as good as it can be. At some point people were saying it was also to add voice acting to scenes where there was no voice acting in the original JP version. I think Atlus never confirmed this, though.

It doesn't bother me that much, but by the time I finished the JP version last year, I certainly felt like overall the game's main story has less voiced lines than back in P3 and P4. It doesn't help that the scenes changed from voiced to unvoiced at a whim.

I thought the April delay was to ensure that the JP voice acting was available on day 1 for those that wanted it(instead of post launch DLC had it released in Feb).

daveo42

Banned
Arriving tomorrow by 8pm

Welp.

I'd be upset if I hadn't already beaten the import once.

I usually get that from Amazon and then it arrives sometime between 10 and 11am. The lack of a shipping update this morning tho has got me sweating. I'll be contacting Amazon this afternoon if my order hasn't updated to shipped.

Rh8jqPXoY.jpg

The Third Heat

Neo Member
Been wanting this game for a while, but the time commitment has been holding me back as well as my worries about whether this series is for me at all. I started up P4G recently since I never finished it and had a blast for a bit after a big twist in the story, but then the summer months hit in-game and it was back to the tedium of managing social links and jobs and blah blah... I like P4G. I think it's charming and the main story is intriguing, but everything else felt so dry. I know combat/dungeons got a much-needed make-over for this one and that's been the biggest draw (not to mention how stylish the game looks), but I know they're only like 1/20th of what you actually do in the game so I'm torn. Is the day-to-day stuff also improved from P4? Or should I expect to find myself bored during the breaks in the main story when it feels like pulling teeth to find something interesting to do/see?

Basically, my question is this: Is the game an improvement overall from P4? Or should someone who struggled with the social stuff be concerned?

Strings

Michelle Ruff doing her Fujiko voice as your homeroom teacher? Fuck to the yes!

Would happily listen to both her and Jamieson Price (Sojiro) narrate dictionaries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom