• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xeteh

Man, my order on BestBuy says "receive it by April 3rd" yet it hasn't even shipped according to the tracker. I'm gonna be really annoyed if I don't get it by tomorrow.

Gbraga

You can switch the voiceover freely during a playthrough when loading a save. That's probably what I will do when I encounter a non-subtitled scene.

Do you always know when you're about to watch these movies? I might actually switch to english every time and then back to japanese. The rest seems like simple enough stuff for me to follow even without subtitles, but watching movies would be too much.

Because, yeah, you can just go back and redo it in english, but what if one of them comes after a long segment of gameplay with no save points? That would suck.

The God

Are there any difficulty trophies?

iF not, what's the best difficulty to start with? I really like challenge in my games but have never played a Persona game before

Out of curiosity, has anyone who ordered the Take Your Heart Edition on Amazon received noticed that it's shipped yet?

Amazon shipped it on Saturday via USPS for me, and it got here about an hour ago! Can't play until tonight, but I took some beauty shots haha.

3TF20Ty.jpg

fzzNgph.jpg

Out of curiosity, has anyone who ordered the Take Your Heart Edition on Amazon received noticed that it's shipped yet?

Card was charged, but hasn't shipped yet. Personally I always get my shipping emails on the day before release at around 5:30 pm local time, but of course with anything regarding shipping ymmv.

Ydelnae

Since the game isn't releasing here until tomorrow I'm taking my time getting that Platinum trophy for FFXV, and the only one left for me is the one you get after spending +5 hours walking through the map.

I hope you guys are having fun with the game.

Slaythe

Are there any difficulty trophies?

iF not, what's the best difficulty to start with? I really like challenge in my games but have never played a Persona game before

I don't think there are difficulty for trophies.

Play on Hard. If it's too hard you can change it down in the options at any point.

haolee

Neo Member
What is the ETA on Japanese voices for the Asian English version? Both NA and EU seem to have theirs already.

I want to know this, too. A bit worried that they won't give us JP voices since they thought "Ah, they're Asian anyway". But the other DLCs are still nowhere to be found either. We probably need to ask someone who pre-ordered the Asian English version digitally to know when the game will unlock here.

Because, yeah, you can just go back and redo it in english, but what if one of them comes after a long segment of gameplay with no save points? That would suck.

Yeah, you'll always know for DVDs and movies. For the former, you initiate the activity by yourself. For movies, you can either go watch them yourself or be invited by your friends.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuck, I preordered a copy at the Gamestop by my work as it'd just be easier to pick it up when I went into work tomorrow morning...but they're doing a 9PM release and I do not have enough willpower to just wait til tomorrow.

Which basically means I'm getting no sleep tonight.

dcassell

Banned
ugh everything on my BB order says available for pick up right now, even says available March 3rd, not the 4th. I highly doubt they will let me grab it though. Going to be a long day.

Any tried Frys when it comes to getting a game before street date? Looks like I can in store pickup and online it says I can pick it up today. Don't want to waste a trip if the computer at the store is just going to not allow the sale

hitlerat

Hey, asked before but got no replies...

Any good video/review to convince a friend to embrace persona 5? He never played persona game before.

Thanks

Any tried Frys when it comes to getting a game before street date? Looks like I can in store pickup and online it says I can pick it up today. Don't want to waste a trip if the computer at the store is just going to not allow the sale

I went to a store that said it had them available but I didn't see them in the cabinet or on the shelf. This was on Saturday. I was in a hurry so I just quickly went in and checked though.

Well some have been pointed out to you, but on top of that, all the persona voice acted bits are not translated, the small bits when there's no actual VA is also not translated from the characters, some battle dialogue isn't translated, and some actions specific like if you go inside a dungeon, if you sneak upon a shadow, etc... those are not translated.

So while they are all small things, at the end of the day, it's pretty significant considering it's a lot of them.
And this is Atlus' biggest game to date. Sigh.

Still playing with JP voices though.

I went to a store that said it had them available but I didn't see them in the cabinet or on the shelf. This was on Saturday. I was in a hurry so I just quickly went in and checked though.

Yeah I'm wondering if I order it for in store pick up they'll grab it from the back or wherever and just bring it up for sale

daveo42

Banned
Finally got confirmation from Amazon on shipment. That's the latest I think I've seen their tracking info come in, but it's coming. Also, this Amazon rep is being weird with having to give me the "latest" delivery date of the 6th. Since it's coming USPS, I should have it by 1030am. Now this day just needs to end.

Jolkien

Not sure if it's was posted somewhere but I was wondering what's the game modifier with the various difficulty level. I'll spoilertag the difficulties, some of you guys are nuts with what you consider a spoiler

Safety - Damage received: x0.5 - Damage dealt: x2.0 - Experience: x3.0 - Money: x5.0 - can't switch difficulty if this selected any time

Easy - Damage received: x0.5 - Damage dealt: x1.0 - Experience: x1.0 - Money: x1.0

Hard - Damage received: x1.6 - Damage dealt: x0.8 - Experience: x1.0 - Money: x1.0

Merciless (Free DLC) - Damage received: x1.6 - Damage dealt: x0.8 - Experience: x0.4 - Money: x0.4 - Critical and technical hit damage on both enemies and allies is tripled

Andrew J.

Amazon just shipped my TYH edition! It's with UPS, so I'll have to try to get home from work a little early to make sure I don't miss it.

Feeroper

I've been playing the whole time on my Vita via Remote Play and works like a charm, texts are big enough to read and you only need R2 to sprint in dungeons, so no big deal. I also have my Vita connected via router and no problems so far

Great! I'm relieved to hear this. I have a pretty decent network so sounds like it should be okay. Thanks!

Mine finally shipped at 2AM this morning, probably because I have a fulfillment center pretty close by down here in Phoenix. Still says arriving tomorrow. So pumped!

Jolkien

Yeah for folks stressing their copy did not ship yet Amazon normally ships my release say game around 18h30 but I get the email saying it shipped around 21h30 and most of the time they leave from Mississauga, Ontario and I'm in Montreal 330'ish miles away.

Don't panic yet.

Amazon shipped it on Saturday via USPS for me, and it got here about an hour ago! Can't play until tonight, but I took some beauty shots haha.
Could you take more pics of the bag please? Is it too big? And what do you think of the art book?

These are the deciding factors whether I'll keep my TYH edition.

Yeah I wouldn't worry. Amazon is great about getting stuff to you on release day. They messed up my Switch order and told me it would be delayed and then I ended up getting it delivered on my doorstep the next day, a day early no less. They're really good about this.

Astral

Fuuuuuuuuuuuck, I preordered a copy at the Gamestop by my work as it'd just be easier to pick it up when I went into work tomorrow morning...but they're doing a 9PM release and I do not have enough willpower to just wait til tomorrow.

Which basically means I'm getting no sleep tonight.

Get there early. When they did a Monday night release for RE7, they said they'd be open till 10 instead of the usual 9. So I got there at 9:30 and the assholes were closing up and wouldn't let me in. I'm guessing if no one is showing up they won't stay the full hour extra like they're supposed to.

artsi

Gamestop guy called me that my TYH edition is ready to pick up tomorrow. I'm hype af.

I guess I have to play the JP version a bit more tonight, can't wait.

haolee

Neo Member
Could you take more pics of the bag please? Is it too big? And what do you think of the art book?

These are the deciding factors whether I'll keep my TYH edition.

There's a pic of the bag a few pages back. It's medium-sized, but it's noted that it doesn't have any padding so don't put a laptop inside it, and to keep it away from intense sunlight.

The art book is very, very bare bones compared to the official art book released in Japan, which has over 500 pages. The one we get is just character art, some character sketches(no alternative character designs or anything like that), some pin ups, and that's it. Soundtrack is also very minuscule compared to the 20th anniversary soundtrack or the 3-disc OST.

For anyone that might be interested, the 5-disc 20th anniversary soundtrack is available to purchase digitally in the Asian PS Store, under "add-on" for the Chinese version of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom