• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gbraga

Yeah, you'll always know for DVDs and movies. For the former, you initiate the activity by yourself. For movies, you can either go watch them yourself or be invited by your friends.

Ok, that's awesome. Thanks for the information.

I guess I can just switch to english when I have to as long as I save whenever I can.

Does spending time with people, even if it says your bond will not deepen, still have an effect? Or is it determined by how far you are in the story?

Can't remember how that worked in P4. Don't want to waste time spending time with people if it doesn't bring you closer to leveling up your bond.

Stencil

I forgot to preload this.

How large of a download is this and how many GBs to start playing?

I hope I can get most of it done in 3 hours.

I'd also like to know an estimated download size/time. Since idk if I trust Amazon shipping to get it to me by tmrw if I order now. Though, someone replied to me saying Target would have it?

52mPXti.jpg

And this is why I bought digital. USPS has been screwing this up for me for a whole week now.

There's a pic of the bag a few pages back. It's medium-sized, but it's noted that it doesn't have any padding so don't put a laptop inside it, and to keep it away from intense sunlight.

The art book is very, very bare bones compared to the official art book released in Japan, which has over 500 pages. The one we get is just character art, some character sketches(no alternative character designs or anything like that), some pin ups, and that's it. Soundtrack is also very minuscule compared to the 20th anniversary soundtrack or the 3-disc OST.

For anyone that might be interested, the 5-disc 20th anniversary soundtrack is available to purchase digitally in the Asian PS Store, under "add-on" for the Chinese version of the game.
Still, more pictures won't hurt. Why keep it from sunlight?

I know the art book is barebones, I'll probably just cancel the TYH. It's a shame how it seems so meh.

haolee

Neo Member
Does spending time with people, even if it says your bond will not deepen, still have an effect? Or is it determined by how far you are in the story?

Can't remember how that worked in P4. Don't want to waste time spending time with people if it doesn't bring you closer to leveling up your bond.

You need to spend time with them to add points to their "quota", until they reach a point where they will rank up.

Japanese voices not working, US version. Have deleted all data and re-downloaded the DLC, still English only even though the option is in the settings menu and selected before loading a saved game.

Anyone else having this problem?

haolee

Neo Member
Still, more pictures won't hurt. Why keep it from sunlight?

I know the art book is barebones, I'll probably just cancel the TYH. It's a shame how it seems so meh.

I don't have the pictures, sorry. I personally cancelled mine since I managed to get my hands on the Japanese 20th anniversary box last year, well after I pre-ordered the TYH edition. If I'm not wrong, the substance of the bag doesn't hold well against prolonged sunlight. Maybe it gets too hot or something.

I'd still say the TYH edition is still worth collecting. The box art looks great, and different from the Japanese one. But that depends on if you think the price is worth all that, IMO.

RPGCrazied

Probably play on Normal, but I remember Normal P3 got really hard at times. Couldn't even beat the final boss on Normal. Should I just play on Easy? lol

Jiraiza

Japanese voices not working, US version. Have deleted all data and re-downloaded the DLC, still English only even though the option is in the settings menu and selected before loading a saved game.

Anyone else having this problem?

Mine worked okay this morning. But I only listened to the disclaimer at the beginning of the game before turning it off.

for thoses who have the ps3 version, a friend of mine say that the screen is smally cut off at the bottom of the screen, like he can still read, but line is cut in the middle! Is it the same for you guys?

Matsukaze

Probably play on Normal, but I remember Normal P3 got really hard at times. Couldn't even beat the final boss on Normal. Should I just play on Easy? lol
You can always start with Normal and then bump the difficulty down if you're finding it too much of an ordeal.

Go easy, save yourself the sadness of getting a wipe.

If you fall in love with the grind, just bump it back up to normal.

i did P3P in hard, you don't need to grind really if you manage correctly your persona and ressources! I hate grinding, didn't had to do it fortunately in p3p and p4g in hard! Hope it's still the case for P5

Man, my order on BestBuy says "receive it by April 3rd" yet it hasn't even shipped according to the tracker. I'm gonna be really annoyed if I don't get it by tomorrow.

My order is in the same situation. It says get it by April 3rd but it is still in the "preparing" status on the order page. I checked my credit card and the pending charge disappeared so I'm not sure what's going on there.

Game is easier than P4 or P3 on Normal so far. About ~45 hours in.

Goddammit, i'm really on the fence about what difficulty to play on, between normal and harder. I know you can change mid game but I really don't want to do that as that will really mess with my flow/play style.

I played P3 and thought that was a good difficulty, and since then I've also played Nocturne, SMT4, DDS, and Devil survivor. So I'm definitely experienced when it comes to Megaten games.

What's a good difficulty if I want something just slightly harder than P3?

haolee

Neo Member
Almost got 80 plus hrs in, I feel like I'm at the last arc unless they throw a curve ball. In regards to story taking a dip in the second half don't be afraid.

Can't say I feel the same. I thought the
seventh dungeon
was the worst. Just... Boring and slow, and unnecessarily long.

Gamespawn

I'd also like to know an estimated download size/time. Since idk if I trust Amazon shipping to get it to me by tmrw if I order now. Though, someone replied to me saying Target would have it?
I think it's 18GB. Took me like 2 hours on a 60Mb connection

Amazon is dispatching today for 2mw so should be good but thought it's worth mentioning the dlc is all up at the moment. Got my Japanese dub downloaded so I'm all set.

muteki

Amazon shipped yesterday but USPS hasn't showed any movement at all and it is still two states over from me.

The box looks amazing, glad it is different than the JP version (which is nice just for the clean art on the back without creases/breaks)

StereoVsn

i did P3P in hard, you don't need to grind really if you manage correctly your persona and ressources! I hate grinding, didn't had to do it fortunately in p3p and p4g in hard! Hope it's still the case for P5
I got to admit that I didn't switch to Hard till after 2nd dungeon on P4G. Once I got passed that game on Hard was smooth sailing. I will probably do the same here, play on Normal to get a feel and a few Personas for Fusion and then switch to Hard mode and see what happens.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Ok, my Take Your Heart edition has shipped and is arriving tomorrow. So now the question is what to do about the steelbook edition that I've been playing up till now. :D

I keep hearing people recommend not using a guide to get 100% completion on the first time through, but I've done that with Persona 4 and 3 and I completely prefer it that way.

Given the length of those games, I can't imagine beating them twice back to back. Otherwise, at 2-3 hours every other night, I'd be playing P5 for 3 months plus, which would make me hate it. I platinumed P4 golden by spreading out my two playthroughs 3 years apart, and it was a joy, and reminded me why I loved the game. My OCD tendencies would also not let me not see every S-link in one playthrough, so there is that.

So guide if you want completionists, I support you!

Also, amazon shipped my special edition, and it's USPS so I should actually receive it tomorrow. UPS keeps claiming weather delay on my shipping and doesn't bother to show up, even on nice evenings. Punks. Best of luck to all!

Teknoman

Ups delivering mine from Amazon between 12:15 PM - 04:15 PM tomorrow apparently, and it's signature required. They better not pull a "sorry we missed you".

Unless somehow it gets from Fort Worth to here before the day is over lol.

StereoVsn

Speaking of guides, I do wish Atlus or Udon or whoever brought over the guidebook and the art book. I got them shipped from Japan but having English versions whould be good as well.

Delio

So my Take your Heart edition has not shipped. I call Amazon and all they can tell me is "We dont know when we are getting the product from the Manufacterer and there is no date of delivery here" When on their damn website it says tomorrow. Im so pissed that i preordered this when it first came up and now im prob not even getting it.

Goddammit, i'm really on the fence about what difficulty to play on, between normal and harder. I know you can change mid game but I really don't want to do that as that will really mess with my flow/play style.

I played P3 and thought that was a good difficulty, and since then I've also played Nocturne, SMT4, DDS, and Devil survivor. So I'm definitely experienced when it comes to Megaten games.

What's a good difficulty if I want something just slightly harder than P3?
I'd say go with hard, normal in 5 is much easier than it was in previous games so if you want some challenge hard would be your best bet.
Are there any trophies related to difficulty? Trying to avoid the full list in case it has spoilers on it.
Nope.

SheHateMe

Amazon shipped my TYHE at 1:30 AM this morning from NJ by USPS and it's coming to MD by tomorrow.

Meanwhile, Best Buy has my backup TYHE edition ready for pickup tomorrow and I want to cancel it to give someone else a chance to pick it up, but I need the Amazon one in my hands first.

But I can pick the Best buy one up at 10 AM tomorrow; I wont be able to get the USPS one until after I get off of work.

Ah, decisions, decisions.

Wunder

Is fusing easier/streamlined from P4? I remember they made some changes to it in Golden I think, did they carry those over or change anything else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom