• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kolx

The game explicitly tells you that it's way better to complete a dungeon over multiple days. And it's quite easy if you do it that way.

Yeah but I wanna use these days for other things. I was able to reach (not fight) the final boss of the dungeon in P4G in one day without many problems and I was playing on normal, so to have a dungeon this difficult on easy wasn't expected.

haolee

Neo Member
Yeah but I wanna use these days for other things. I was able to reach (not fight) the final boss of the dungeon in P4G in one day without many problems and I was playing on normal, so to have a dungeon this difficult on easy wasn't expected.

I finished the game on Easy last year, and I whole-heartedly understand how much of a nightmare the first few dungeons were, even on Easy. It got easier after the third dungeon, but you won't get to the point of one-hitting enemies either if you're not seriously overleveled.

brawly

I don't like the japanese VO, though I'm early in the game so i haven't heard everyone.

MC: obviously a great voice, but so is the english one
Ryuji: I think the english voice fits better for a thug/punk. Don't get that vibe from the japanese voice.
Ann: probably on par. Neither is great.
Morgana: I only hear Chopper from One Piece...

There's really too much dialogue that goes missing, in the dungeon anyway.

haolee

Neo Member
I don't like the japanese VO, though I'm early in the game so i haven't heard everyone.

MC: obviously a great voice, but so is the english one
Ryuji: I think the english voice fits better for a thug/punk. Don't get that vibe from the japanese voice.
Ann: probably on par. Neither is great.
Morgana: I only hear Chopper from One Piece...

Mostly agree with you.

There's really too much dialogue that goes missing, in the dungeon anyone.

It's no better either in the main story. Dialogue just goes unvoiced most of the time. Just so disappointing for Atlus' biggest release yet, IMO.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I just re-read my voucher email and noticed it says it will only go up between 6 and 7th

son of a BITCH.

I know this only applies to a horribly tiny group of people but, anyone in the Poughkeepsie, NY area: the gamestop in front of the Galleria mall is going to be giving out the preordered copies of the game at 9pm tonight instead of doing a midnight release... So there ya go...

Yup pretty much, I used a guide for p4g and regretted it afterwards, it just isn't the same, sometimes you want to do one thing but the guide tells you to do something else, never again.

Also my TYH still hasn't shipped, I'm not getting it tomorrow am i..

This probably doesn't mean much but Amazon once shipped my game at 11pm on a Thursday and got it to me on a Friday and it was for Nier automata on launch day. So it might work out. I've been on the dispatching now status for about 12 hours and it's still saying due for Tuesday so will see how it goes I guess.

Barzul

Same here, but I doubt they'll honor it today.

I don't know either, but all my things say "Available 4/3" in every instance. I'm gonna give them a call soon and see if I could go pick it up. I also do not know how lax their rules are, but their database seems to indicate that it is out today, at least for me.

I tried guys, they wouldn't give it to me. Said it had to be tomorrow. YMMV tho.

If anybody's copy doesn't show up today I called my local Walmart and they said they have 10 copies for tonight so it seem's like the game is stocked most places.

Emarv

My local Gamestop told me they'll be ready to pickup at 9pm. Is that a new normal Gamestop thing? They no longer wait until midnight? I'm down with that, if so.

RIP me, got banned in a streamer-that-I-like's Twitch chat for saying (unsurprising spoiler for anyone who's played a Persona game before - gameplay related, not plot)
that there are multiple endings, specifically that in P5 the good ending is all but guaranteed
. -dies alone-

I activate the Japanese voice at the start of the game, but when I load, it's back in English. I can't seem to change the audio ingame... Don't tell me you can't change it once you've decided...

Kumo

Went to Best Buy today to try and pick up my copy. It said available for pick up today but the lady was like "nah you gotta wait till it releases." But I was like it says right here on my order status that I can pick up dammit! But then she was like "oh it just means we received it but we can't sell it yet."

Fuuuuuuuckkk. JUST SELL ME THE DAMN GAME ITS SITTING RIGHT THERE I CAN SEE IT. *sobs*

The former. And I mean a lot. During combat anyway. Anything an enemy persona says and most of the groups pep talk.

Hmmm. That's not good. I was decided on using the JP audio, but I might have to rethink this. Yakuza 0 had some untranslated audio as well, but it was only minor stuff in minigames. I'd consider party banter to be a bit more important than that.

Went to Best Buy today to try and pick up my copy. It said available for pick up today but the lady was like "nah you gotta wait till it releases." But I was like it says right here on my order status that I can pick up dammit! But then she was like "oh it just means we received it but we can't sell it yet."

Fuuuuuuuckkk. JUST SELL ME THE DAMN GAME ITS SITTING RIGHT THERE I CAN SEE IT. *sobs*

Gotta wait with the rest of us chumps. I've had it preordered on Amazon since the day it went up last year. Bummed that I'm not getting it early. :(

Worse part is I bought that gigantic Famitsu DX Collector's for the 20th anniversary from Japan and have played a couple hours of the game already. Makes the wait even more painful for me because I've wanted to return to it so bad since September.

brawly

Just reached level 11. You know what time it is.

e99fbd47da6e148c381293cf05ba09f0.jpg

Ferrio

Banned
The former. And I mean a lot. During combat anyway. Anything an enemy persona says and most of the groups pep talk.

Damn this is a hard choice, I might have to stick with Japanese. It's a persona game and If I'm going weeb I gotta go 100% weeb.

I don't mind some random battle talk not being subbed, but has the game a lot of spoken, important dialogue while you're exploring and fighting around? I don't mind reading subs during cutscenes, but having to read subtitles during more involved gameplay sections is what made me change FFXV's and Nier Automata's VA back from japanese to english.

rdytoroll

I have a question, being new to this series. Does time just pass naturally or does time only pass when you do a activity in each part of the day? I'd prefer the second one. I wanna take my time and explore and not lose a day just wandering around

brawly

Hmmm. That's not good. I was decided on using the JP audio, but I might have to rethink this. Yakuza 0 had some untranslated audio as well, but it was only minor stuff in minigames. I'd consider party banter to be a bit more important than that.

Damn this is a hard choice, I might have to stick with Japanese. It's a persona game and If I'm going weeb I gotta go 100% weeb.

If you go with jap right away it might not be that bad/obvious.

Then again the english dub is fantastic so far, as expected of Atlus.

I feel like if all easy mode does is
drop enemy damage by 50%
, that's what I want to do. I mean, is there any reason not to?
Nope, you won't miss anything by playing on a lower difficulty.

I have a question, being new to this series. Does time just pass naturally or does time only pass when you do a activity in each part of the day? I'd prefer the second one. I wanna take my time and explore and not lose a day just wandering around

The latter, feel free to wander around for as much as you like before doing an activity.

brawly

I don't mind some random battle talk not being subbed, but has the game a lot of spoken, important dialogue while you're exploring and fighting around? I don't mind reading subs during cutscenes, but having to read subtitles during more involved gameplay sections is what made me change FFXV's and Nier Automata's VA back from japanese to english.

There is a little bit of that, yeah. Even right at start is a gameplay scene that imo is quite hard to follow with just the subs.

Rootbeer

Banned
Take Your Heart edition is preparing :)

Got this sucker for under $50 thanks to all the promos I was able to stack... considering this is one of my most anticipated games of the year I feel like i'm cheating by getting it so cheap.

ShadyK54

Actually seeing this game on my TV is so weird. Like I can't believe I'm actually playing P5. Been waiting so long for this.

Jeb

Fuuu

Got spoiled by the review thread!!!
Thought 4/4 was refering to early april in the game.

Fuck, how do I forget this.
Can we start using the terms early game or after X palace?

Why the hell did I feel like opening that old thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom