• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yushi

It's an international issue. From uk and I've been on dispatching now for 12 hours. Still a chance they might make it though. In other news, Amazon is selling the standard edition now.

Mine has been "not shipped yet" since the 31st. 4 freaking days!

Gbraga

It's mostly just stuff like "ahh it's so warm today" and "I'm bored." The idle chatter is nothing, and the only background dialogue that matters is all displayed in floating text windows, and isn't voiced most of the time anyway. The stuff you can hear is just shortened versions of what's in text boxes. Something I've noticed is that in the dub, the bulk of the background chatter is actually a lot louder than​ it was in Japanese, and in the anime cutscenes in particular it tends to drown out the music a lot. I think Atlus USA messed up the sound mixing there a bit and made dialogue you're barely meant to hear sound too loud.

All of these conflicting reports. THIS CANNOT CONTINUE.

So do the 3 Ps (Persona Punishes Pimps) still apply to Persona 5?

You have no idea.

If you try to be a two-timer... you're gonna have a bad time.

Also, wait: the digital versions unlock at 9PM Pacific instead of midnight?...

2sQFPk0.png

totowhoa

Banned
It's mostly just stuff like "ahh it's so warm today" and "I'm bored." The idle chatter is nothing, and the only background dialogue that matters is all displayed in floating text windows, and isn't voiced most of the time anyway. The stuff you can hear is just shortened versions of what's in text boxes. Something I've noticed is that in the dub, the bulk of the background chatter is actually a lot louder than​ it was in Japanese, and in the anime cutscenes in particular it tends to drown out the music a lot. I think Atlus USA messed up the sound mixing there a bit and made dialogue you're barely meant to hear sound too loud.

Futaba
's English VA shouldn't have been in there at all. She's really bad, and I don't think she'd fit
Makoto
much better.

IIRC, I remember thinking the sound mix was kind of whack in Tokyo Mirage Sessions. Like the music played over the voices entirely at several points, unless I'm thinking of another game. That's definitely a bummer if so though - a poor audio mix is just as annoying as mid-tier voice acting for me.

Hoo-doo

Banned
I was wondering (minor spoilers about the first two dungeons in the game).

It's more about a strategy question, not so much anything about the characters or the story.

Is it beneficial to send the calling card ASAP and beating the dungeon as fast as possible or is it more beneficial to keep going through the days trying to S-link and buff other skills and beating the boss on the last day before the deadline?

Erekiddo

Apparently my TYH edition is arriving today. I'm sure this is pretty wide spread.

Street date broken! And tomorrow I'll be a mess at work.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
I was wondering (minor spoilers about the first two dungeons in the game).

It's more about a strategy question, not so much anything about the characters or the story.

Is it beneficial to send the calling card ASAP and beating the dungeon as fast as possible or is it more beneficial to keep going through the days trying to S-link and buff other skills and beating the boss on the last day before the deadline?

Time management:
The story won't advance after beating the boss until the deadline anyway, so it mostly works out the same, as far as I can tell.

Ryan_

I have quick question concerning holdups. Is it generally better to ask for money/items or just destroy enemies? In the case where you already have the enemy as persona.

Also,
first dungeon is really destroying me. Is there a way to go back to a safe room after you've beaten the first mini-boss?

Cheers!

Hoo-doo

Banned
Time management:
The story won't advance after beating the boss until the deadline anyway, so it mostly works out the same, as far as I can tell.

More time management, light spoilers:

Hmm, so then it might be beneficial to beat the boss ASAP to get to S-linking with the confidants? Because when the boss is killed, confidants should be down to hang out more instead of wanting to head into the palace all the time, no?

haolee

Neo Member
Uh, for some reason, I managed to install the free items DLC from the Reg 1 Store to my Reg 3 copy of the game. I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to work this way. I'm downloading the JP track DLC now to try and see if it works, too.

Persona has definitely taken my heart damn played about 8 hours up to now and the game is fantastic plus I'm also loving the much more darker story/atmosphere.

Mine has been "not shipped yet" since the 31st. 4 freaking days!
Was meant to be shipped on Saturday and here we are on Monday with no progress. Amazon only gave me the message to contact 2mw after 8pm if it hadn't shown up. Going to be grumpy at work if I don't wake up to a message it's been dispatched.

zulux21

finally got my shipping confirmation from best buy...
here's hoping it's here tomorrow so I can play it when I get off work.

JJShadow

Ok, this game really is something else, I just fought a (late first dungeon spoiler)
giant penis on my way to the Treasure room. A fucking giant penis-shaped mid-boss. I didn't know whether to laugh or just stop looking at the TV lol

Yushi

Was meant to be shipped on Saturday and here we are on Monday with no progress. Amazon only gave me the message to contact 2mw after 8pm if it hadn't shown up. Going to be grumpy at work if I don't wake up to a message it's been dispatched.

They gave me this
ZxObAC2.png

So ill be a grown up and wait tomorrow. But if I dont get it, fuck it getting it off PSN

haolee

Neo Member

Hmm, so then it might be beneficial to beat the boss ASAP to get to S-linking with the confidants? Because when the boss is killed, confidants should be down to hang out more instead of wanting to head into the palace all the time, no?

This works kinda differently than in P4. Here goes:
If you wait until the last week(for example) to reach the treasure, you can still rank Confidants normally. The exception would be new Confidants like Makoto who start as soon as you beat her storyline boss. But if you reach the treasure early, then wait until near the deadline, you can't rank up party Confidants. So it's better to either do the Palace and reach the treasure early and send the calling card right away, or wait until later on to do reach the treasure. Point is, after you reach the treasure it's advised to send the calling card ASAP.

Yeah that would be the way to go to make the most of your time.

jorgeton

Yep IMO

I like to finish the story dungeons as early as possible so I can focus on building social links/stats up with the free time afterwards. I find it less stressful that way. BUT a lot of gated events stay gated until after the deadline has passed, so beating a story dungeon early won't necessarily open up new social links or events that are held back by story deadlines.

Central Florida lucky dude here, just had my TYH Edition delivered and the game is now sitting in the PS4 as the Japanese Audio pack downloads.

They gave me this
ZxObAC2.png

So ill be a grown up and wait tomorrow. But if I dont get it, fuck it getting it off PSN

I'm just salty because plenty of people got the game before launch and here I am not even sure if I will get. Will probably make plans with friends until I get the game because I'm going to be missing once it does show up.

Davilmar

Game just got delivered at my home in Tampa. I won't be home until later tonight, but I am excited to spend some time having an amazing time. I wish everyone all the best wishes after so many long years.

JJShadow

I have quick question concerning holdups. Is it generally better to ask for money/items or just destroy enemies? In the case where you already have the enemy as persona.

Also,
first dungeon is really destroying me. Is there a way to go back to a safe room after you've beaten the first mini-boss?

Cheers!

As general rule, I mainly ask for money/items if I'm facing a tough enemy, it's the quickest way to deal with them (you won't get much experience though). Otherwise, I usually perform an all-out attack and some money farming from time to time

Regarding your question,
there is a safe room right before you encounter the first mini-boss that you can go back after defeating him, but you can't fast travel to safe rooms

Totakeke

80 hours in on hard difficulty, the game is more difficult early on but it peters out a few dungeons in and feels too easy now. Makes me appreciate the difficulty curve in SMT4A a lot more.

Thewonandonly

Ummmmm can I preload this? Just pre ordered it and can't find a way to download it :( I'm kind of a dum dum when it comes to PS4 tho so if someone can help that would be great :)

First turn based game ever so let's get it!!!!!!

Also what difficulty should I play. I play a lot of non turn based games on hard so should I play this on hard or should I just go normal, or hell should I go easy

M.W.

Ummmmm can I preload this? Just pre ordered it and can't find a way to download it :( I'm kind of a dum dum when it comes to PS4 tho so if someone can help that would be great :)

First turn based game ever so let's get it!!!!!!

Did you go into your library and try to DL it?

Placktor

My take your heart version came today! Thats great cause i haven't been able to get into my amazon account and I saw that some were being cancelled.

I guess this makes up for my master edition of zelda being cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom