• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got an early copy from Amazon today, really excited to play! Unfortunately, Amazon can't ship shit without things getting damaged (they had absolutely no bubble wrap or air cushions whatsoever inside the shipping box) so that's sucks.
Oof. Wow. That isn't just a little bit. That thing is wrecked. I hope you complain.

Lunar15

Fuuu

Got spoiled by the review thread!!!
Thought 4/4 was refering to early april in the game.

Fuck, how do I forget this.
Can we start using the terms early game or after X palace?

That's not a spoiler. It's Morgana's catchphrase of sorts. 4/4 does refer to the beginning of the game, it's something morgana says when you first meet. It's literally the first line you hear from morgana in the introduction trailer.

Steelbook in mail, should arrive tomorrow. Almost hard to believe this is actually coming out! Was gonna go on media blackout for this game but the giant bomb quick look was too tempting, opening looks real promising, can't wait to check it out!

Jeb

That's not a spoiler. It's Morgana's catchphrase of sorts. 4/4 does refer to the beginning of the game, it's something morgana says when you first meet. It's literally the first line you hear from morgana in the introduction trailer.
Thank you, I appreciete you comforting me.

Dynasty8

Guys without any spoilers, what difficulty should I start on?

Main thing I don't want is losing one hour of playtime due to something ridiculous like getting into a battle and all my party members being one shotted instantly.

I love challenges like Souls games and I played Persona 4 Golden but don't really remember the difficulty that much since it was a while ago.

Thanks!

ChanMan

I don't like the japanese VO, though I'm early in the game so i haven't heard everyone.

MC: obviously a great voice, but so is the english one
Ryuji: I think the english voice fits better for a thug/punk. Don't get that vibe from the japanese voice.
Ann: probably on par. Neither is great.
Morgana: I only hear Chopper from One Piece...

There's really too much dialogue that goes missing, in the dungeon anyway.

Not only that you miss out on the background chatter as well, as it may not be important it adds to the setting. Plus I really don't think anyone wants to miss out on the lines that some of the demons say during combat as they can be pretty funny.

Jeb

Guys without any spoilers, what difficulty should I start on?

Main thing I don't want is losing one hour of playtime due to something ridiculous like getting into a battle and all my party members being one shotted instantly.

I love challenges like Souls games and I played Persona 4 Golden but don't really remember the difficulty that much since it was a while ago.

Thanks!
I'm going through the third dungeon and I'm loving hard, challenging you to use all the tools at your disposal and choosing your moves carefully.

Curufinwe

Not only that you miss out on the background chatter as well, as it may not be important it adds to the setting. Plus I really don't think anyone wants to miss out on the lines that some of the demons say during combat as they can be pretty funny.

I'll manage. I can't deal with the Suck-oh-mah-toe garbage in the dub.

NESpowerhouse

Perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

IT SHIPPED. WE'RE GOING TO THE SUN BOYS!!

Setsu00

Does the protagonist have a given name? If not, is it wrong I named him Arsene Lupin?

He's called Akira Kurusu in the manga adaption that the eventual anime adaption and any spinoff will most likely ignore, but calling him "Arsene Lupin" might not be the best idea considering that Arsene Lupin is the protagonist's Persona...

mike6467

Boo, my TYH edition is still stuck in Texas because Amazon shipped it this morning with two day shipping. Not only did I anticipate release day delivery, I also paid for one day shipping. Maybe that was a mistake. Wednesday night can't come soon enough, I'm going to have a hell of a time not throwing down for the digital version tonight...

haolee

Neo Member
After hearing all their voices, I'm quite certain now.
Futaba
's and
Makoto
's English VAs should have been switched with each other to match how their characters are in the JP VA.

Blindy

He's called Akira Kurusu in the manga adaption that the eventual anime adaption and any spinoff will most likely ignore, but calling him "Arsene Lupin" might not be the best idea considering that Arsene Lupin is the protagonist's Persona...
Oh shit thanks for the heads up, I almost went through with that!

I will go with Akira Kurusu, have always honored the protagonists name in these games.

Just got a call from GameStop. They'll apparently be selling the game at 9 tonight!

Weird, my local 'Stop said they aren't doing any sales until tomorrow at usual opening time.

On that note, do we know if the PSN version is going live at midnight? I'm debating a little bit, though I also don't know if I'll be awake enough at midnight to really appreciate the game
emot-v.gif

Anyone with the digital version on PS4 know what time the game goes live? Thinking about going digital for the English release if Amazon fails me

Hoo-doo

Banned

This. I'd go with japanese if I were able to understand japanese, but I don't. And I don't want to miss out on all that other dialogue with the demons and various background chatter etcetera.

I'm 10 hours in, by the way. There's a lot of background chatter in the cutscenes taking place at school, for example. Or on the streets.

WHY ARENT YOU SHIPPED YET (Amazon.ca)

tOe2oxy.png

I didnt have this problem with Nioh or Horizon. Even got those early!

It's an international issue. From uk and I've been on dispatching now for 12 hours. Still a chance they might make it though. In other news, Amazon is selling the standard edition now.

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
What kind of background chatter? Damn, I'm starting to think I'll just play it in English.

It's mostly just stuff like "ahh it's so warm today" and "I'm bored." The idle chatter is nothing, and the only background dialogue that matters is all displayed in floating text windows, and isn't voiced most of the time anyway. The stuff you can hear is just shortened versions of what's in text boxes. Something I've noticed is that in the dub, the bulk of the background chatter is actually a lot louder than​ it was in Japanese, and in the anime cutscenes in particular it tends to drown out the music a lot. I think Atlus USA messed up the sound mixing there a bit and made dialogue you're barely meant to hear sound too loud.

After hearing all their voices, I'm quite certain now.
Futaba
's and
Makoto
's English VAs should have been switched with each other to match how their characters are in the JP VA.
Futaba
's English VA shouldn't have been in there at all. She's really bad, and I don't think she'd fit
Makoto
much better.

T.O.P

Banned
Oh god, game already sucked me in

Just played 6 hours non stop :|

I gotta stop since i have work tomorrow...but it's soooooooooooo good :3

Is the steelbook version a limited edition? I just went to gamestop to pay off my copy and I didn't know there was a steelbook vs regular edition that was the same price. I had the steel on preorder apparently so just wondering.

haolee

Neo Member
Futaba
's English VA shouldn't have been in there at all. She's really bad, and I don't think she'd fit
Makoto
much better.

I thought so, too, but I didn't want to be mean... This is really disappointing, since
Futaba
's JP VA was my favorite in the whole game.

I've been doing so research and the PS3 version seems fine? It's just running 720p vs 1080p on ps4?

I might have to pick this up if that's the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom